Why Cant I quit

11 years and counting here. Yes I admit I am addicted to the DIS and DCL. I keep telling myself I will try RCCL or Carnival's new ship. I even once made a deposit on RCCL only to later call and cancel.

Everytime my parents plan vacations with us, it's either WDW or a DCL trip! When I got off the ship last December, all I could think about was when we would be on the next cruise.:cool1:

You are so NOT the only one who is addicted to the boards! I am considering trying to find a DISboards Anonymous group! :lmao:

We'll form a 12 step program, have monthly meetings and see if there is some type of saltwater patch. Of course the meeting WILL be held on boad the Magic, Wonder or Dream....:goodvibes

OK, here's the thing.... I found this board last September and like many of you spent HOURS on here learning all I could, asking questions, etc... in preparation of our first DCL cruise in late January. I would even read threads that I KNEW would not have any helpful info for me, and was just obsessed/consumed with this board! Even though I knew we were going to book onboard for the Dream, I thought "when I get back home, I won't be on the board nearly as much, because it'll be almost two years before we sail again - I'll have plenty of time to prepare as we get closer, and there's not much info out there on the Dream anyway. I'll just wait until early next year - after the maiden voyage - and THEN I'll get hooked/addicted again."

WHAT MADE ME THINK I COULD BREAK THE ADDICTION SO EASILY??? How could I think I would get addicted AGAIN when I never got UNaddicted to start with??? At this point in our vacation cycle this is such a time-waster and I need to stop but I CAN'T!!! HHHHEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!

What I am I saying??? None of you folks can help me with this matter... you're in the same "boat" I'm in!!! Best of luck to all of us in EVENTUALLY shaking this obsession!!

We'll form a 12 step program, have monthly meetings and see if there is some type of saltwater patch. Of course the meeting WILL be held on boad the Magic, Wonder or Dream....:goodvibes

I'm there! I am still trying to convince work that it would be in everyone's best interest for me to work remotely from the ship! :laughing:

I'm so with you guys on this. We have two DCL cruises under our belt and have 3,4, and 5 already booked. I am on these threads constantly, planning, thinking, reading and dreaming! My kids roll their eyes, but my DH grudgingly admits that we get all of our best info from the DIS. As addictions go, this is a pretty good one.:cool1:

Add me too!! And I haven't even gone on my first cruise yet! :lmao: My best guess is, it will be even worse after I get back... :sad2: :surfweb::cloud9:

It will take more than a twelve step program. Besides, I'm not sure I want to quit this addiction. I'm planning two WDW vacations and I can't resist being on the DCL boards.

Count me in, too!

Addicted, obsessed, hooked, fanatic-did I mention obsessed?

I have 38 WDW trips, 2 (+ 2 upcoming) Disney Cruises & numerous hours spent daily on the DIS! I spend everyday here on the DIS dreaming of Disney, getting my much needed "Disney fix!"

Oh great...I didnt even realize what I had done! I just created ANOTHER thread for me to obsess over. lmao. Glad to see Im not alone! My family wants to just go to DW this year...I find myself getting mad that they dont want to do the cruise! Isn't that aweful, its still Disney...but Lord put me in the open seas on a ship with kind folks catering to me and Im putty forever.:worship:

Same here! After 2 Disney cruises my In laws wanted to do an Alaskan cruise for their 40th anniversary in 2006. We took Princess cruise lines and spent the entire time comparing it to DCL. DCL won every time. We declared then and there nothing but DCL for us. We are about to take our 6th Disney cruise and have loved every one.

We did the same thing with Carnival last year. I NEVER want to cruise Carnival again!

HI
My name is Jewel and I am a DIS Addict!

I HAVE to have a DCL or WDW trip in the works at all times!

It helps to keep me in a better place.

My friends think I'm crazy when I tell them I want to retire onto a Disney ship.... I'm only 25! From the time I step off the boat I'm trying to think of how many jobs I can work to afford the next one... I'm currently working 3 and planning for next summer! I work to cruise- it's how I stay sane! ;)

We have yet to take our first cruise and I am on the boards almost all day! I am now on a mission to find out anything and everything there is to know before we set sail in Jan. :banana: lol

Oh man, I am so so bad. What makes it worse, is, I have NEVER cruised on DCL, or been to WDW! We aren't going for another year. Yet, I have been on these boards for a looong time. I learn something new everyday also! I tell my husband when he laughs at me,"Hey, you can't say we are going on this vacation blind! We will be well prepared." I am already bummed my baby won't be old enough to cruise when my daugher is out for Thanksgiving, or you better believe we'd be going then!

Well we are in good company:rotfl: There are far worse addictions than Disney and DCL.

You are not alone. I read the boards for about a year or 2 before actually joining. Now it's even worse. My DH and kids don't want to hear about all the neat info I find anymore. I try and say that I'll only be on for 15 min or an hour or a set amount of time...otherwise I'd be on here all day.

I am also a DIS board addict...have lurked for 2 years and now I have a cruise booked I am literally hooked!:lovestruc

However, as others have said.....there are worse things to be obsessed by!

I call Disney my healthy obsession. Since finding the DIS, I can't help but log in daily. But hey, it makes me so happy, so can't be too bad for me.. can it? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter