Why buy pts at different resorts?

I like having points at 2 resorts because I like to switch midway in my trip.
I like to stay in the Boardwalk area for 3/4 nights then move to MK area.
I've done this each time that I've stayed at WDW. Thought I'd still like that option as a DVC member.
Debbie

I like having points at 2 resorts because I like to switch midway in my trip.
I like to stay in the Boardwalk area for 3/4 nights then move to MK area.
I've done this each time that I've stayed at WDW. Thought I'd still like that option as a DVC member.
Debbie

This explanation I can understand! So you have your points split evenly, then? I have a hard time understanding how 200 points at one resort and then 50 at another does... Unless you simply wanted to add on more points but couldn't get them at your home resort....

Don't feel obligated to steer me straight. I'm sure I'll figure this out as I go. There's just so much to learn!!

Also, as far as the pool hopping goes, I just read in the 2006 Portable Perks booklet that as DVC members, we are welcomed to pool hop at all the resorts (except at Stormalong Bay at YB and Uzima Pool at AK). There are also the dates of Nov.20-26 '06 and Dec. 17 '06 -Jan. 2 '07 for no hopping.

More common is probably the member who is looking for the priority booking window at more than one resort. Say you need 300 points for your annual vacation during a busy time that requires reservations before 7 months. You could buy them all at BCV and always stay there. Or, you could split that into two 150 point contracts at BCV and VWL. By taking advantage of banking and borrowing you could stay in BCV one year and VWL the next, taking advantage of the 11 month window at each resort for the points (current, banked or borrowed) that you own at that resort.

Yup! DisneyKidds got it right. Now that we have two contracts we plan to alternate years at each location. We since we will have kids in school for the next 13 years we know we will have to travel during popular times and the 11 month advantage is important (or at least makes life much easier!).

...Also, as far as the pool hopping goes, I just read in the 2006 Portable Perks booklet that as DVC members, we are welcomed to pool hop at all the resorts (except at Stormalong Bay at YB and Uzima Pool at AK). There are also the dates of Nov.20-26 '06 and Dec. 17 '06 -Jan. 2 '07 for no hopping.

As long as you are staying at a DVC resort on points. Pool hopping is often blacked out around holidays or other busy times.

I have a hard time understanding how 200 points at one resort and then 50 at another does... Unless you simply wanted to add on more points but couldn't get them at your home resort....

With our 100 point contracts at BCV and VWL, we can ultimately wind up with 300 points to use for a trip. If we bank one year and borrow the next, plus use the current year, that gives us 300 points. Unfortunately, we hardly ever bank, so the most we usually have is 200, current year and next year.

So take that 50 points, bank it. Then next year, take the banked 50 points, the current 50 points and next years 50 points to make a 150 point reservation.

As long as you are staying at a DVC resort on points. Pool hopping is often blacked out around holidays or other busy times.

With our 100 point contracts at BCV and VWL, we can ultimately wind up with 300 points to use for a trip. If we bank one year and borrow the next, plus use the current year, that gives us 300 points. Unfortunately, we hardly ever bank, so the most we usually have is 200, current year and next year.

So take that 50 points, bank it. Then next year, take the banked 50 points, the current 50 points and next years 50 points to make a 150 point reservation.

That makes sense! (Banking and borrowing to get your reservation!) That is VERY cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter