Why bother calling it "The Holidays"?

I'm a Christian, but honestly other than the Disney World processional, it only seems to celebrate the secular aspect. No nativities, crosses, etc.

Funny that you mention Kohls. I noticed that they had quite a bit of Disney Hanukkah merch on their website.

View attachment 816457 View attachment 816458 View attachment 816459 View attachment 816461View attachment 816460 View attachment 816463View attachment 816465 View attachment 816467 View attachment 816469

For those who celebrate and aren't offended by the color red.

View attachment 816470
Kohls, like Hot Topic, has those shirts made on Order through a third party vendor…
it’s not Kohl's making those shirts.

BTW, shop Disneydoes the same thing…you have to read the description thoroughly to find that info, particularly true with Marvel merchandise.

I will offer a contrary opinion that may not be so popular. Also, as you read this, realize that it is somewhat tongue in cheek.
Why not just eliminate all the holiday stuff from Disney and have people go to Disney for Disney? Would you stop going to Disneyland if they did not do anything for the holidays? I doubt it.
i can remember decades ago going on thanksgiving or Christmas day and it was great because people generally spent time with their families on those days. Crowds were almost nonexistent. If you want to celebrate a holiday then be with your family. Of course if you want to do that at Disney with your family, thats great too. Go enjoy the parks for what they do best - Disney things. Why does it need all the holiday decorations to make it fun? That sure would eliminate all the concern about which point of view they seem to be supporting.
Of course I know why they do it - PROFIT! But for me that just dilutes the experience that I go to Disney for.

Kohls, like Hot Topic, has those shirts made on Order through a third party vendor…

BTW, shop Disneydoes the same thing…you have to read the description thoroughly to find that info, particularly true with Marvel merchandise.
That doesn't make it bad tho. It allows for more designs to be available instead of only "safe" profitable ones.

Yes - and you have to be careful with purchasing stuff from a 3rd party. We did that on ShopDisney and the sweatshirts were so small it was ridiculous, an adult medium was closer to a XS.

That doesn't make it bad tho. It allows for more designs to be available instead of only "safe" profitable ones.
Oh, I didn’t mean it was bad..it could be better than Kohls merchandise for all I know..I don’t shop there. I just know that once when perusing their site, I saw a cute Disney shirt and then it said
“provided by third party, not subject to Kohls policies”or something like that meaning it was not returnable. Buyer beware is all I’m saying.

I have ordered third party shirts from Hot Topic, only because they were unique Avengers shirts not found other places. They were fine although a bit off size.

I will offer a contrary opinion that may not be so popular. Also, as you read this, realize that it is somewhat tongue in cheek.
Why not just eliminate all the holiday stuff from Disney and have people go to Disney for Disney? Would you stop going to Disneyland if they did not do anything for the holidays? I doubt it.
i can remember decades ago going on thanksgiving or Christmas day and it was great because people generally spent time with their families on those days. Crowds were almost nonexistent. If you want to celebrate a holiday then be with your family. Of course if you want to do that at Disney with your family, thats great too. Go enjoy the parks for what they do best - Disney things. Why does it need all the holiday decorations to make it fun? That sure would eliminate all the concern about which point of view they seem to be supporting.
Of course I know why they do it - PROFIT! But for me that just dilutes the experience that I go to Disney for.
Actually, I would still go. Disney would have to do a lot worse than not doing anything for the holidays for me not to go. After all the real reason we chose to go this time around in December is because of the weather 😁

Funny that you mention Kohls. I noticed that they had quite a bit of Disney Hanukkah merch on their website.

View attachment 816457 View attachment 816458 View attachment 816459 View attachment 816461View attachment 816460 View attachment 816463View attachment 816465 View attachment 816467 View attachment 816469

For those who celebrate and aren't offended by the color red.

View attachment 816470
Uniqlo also cobranded with Disney and offers some fun and unique designs

Years ago we had this Disney menorah. It got so much use that, sadly, it eventually broke. :sad:

View attachment 816393
During the pandemic a Disney blogger (Michael does Disney) made a whole bunch of super unique Disney themed menorahs. Everything from all princess to Star Wars and of course Pooh as well. They were fantastic!

As a Semi-local I would probably not go this time of year if it wasn’t themed. I’m heading to the parks this afternoon specifically to catch the parade with my youngest and indulge in a seasonal treat. Same reason I braved the October crowds. Not that it gets stale if you always have access, but the overlays and decor add to what is already Disney magic.

I wouldn't stop going but I would definitely go a different time of year. Traveling during the holidays is a hassle and we have only done it due to wanting to see the decorations in the parks.

DH and I are each half Jewish and we celebrate both Xmas and Hanukkah in our homes. I’ve never been to Disneyland but we go to WDW every year around the holidays (just got back Friday actually) and I feel like Epcot does a good job with Hanukkah. Tbh I’m happy even with little nods to it. If it wasn’t for its proximity to Xmas it wouldnt even be a big deal, it’s a very minor holiday in Judaism. It’s just that it’s hard for Jewish kids around Xmas so everyone kinda does up Hanukkah.

During the pandemic a Disney blogger (Michael does Disney) made a whole bunch of super unique Disney themed menorahs. Everything from all princess to Star Wars and of course Pooh as well. They were fantastic!
Thanks for the heads up. I scrolled through all of his IG posts but couldn't find them. Do you know if he was/is selling them?

Thanks for the heads up. I scrolled through all of his IG posts but couldn't find them. Do you know if he was/is selling them?
i would message him - he is super lovely and if he’s not still making them I bet he knows someone who is. I am very biased against influencers and bloggers but he is just full of joy.

edit: for a whole he ran a crafts channel as well, but I’d message him on his main account

....another thought just popped up in my head which is....the line between "Christmas" decorations and "winter" decorations. If, in an attempt to be completely fair and neutral, they did away with actual Christmas related decor but still did "winter" decor, would that appease all sides? You know, items that are not specific to the actual Christmas holiday but are related to winter.

Actually, I would still go. Disney would have to do a lot worse than not doing anything for the holidays for me not to go. After all the real reason we chose to go this time around in December is because of the weather 😁
As a local with a pass, we look forward to the holidays every year! Ride overlays, decorations, food, etc. Just the overall vibe and theming is so magical (this coming from someone who doesn't really buy into the whole "magical" thing like my wife does). It's our favorite time of the year to go to Disney.

Made an impromptu visit to DCA today to check out the Disney 100 merch that is on sale.

@JayDavis I noticed that they restocked some of the Hanukkah merchandise. Below is where I found the Mickey platter that you are looking for. There seems to be an ample supply at all of the stores. If you go this week, you'll probably be able to pick one up.

HOME store in DTD - lots of plates, platters, gelt and truffles.

1702531626115.png

Julius Katz & Sons inDCA - lots of plates, platters and plush
1702532057168.png

Gone Hollywood
1702532274079.png

While walking into Five and Dime, I spotted this Hanukkah themed pin trading table.

1702532617776.png

Made an impromptu visit to DCA today to check out the Disney 100 merch that is on sale.

@JayDavis I noticed that they restocked some of the Hanukkah merchandise. Below is where I found the Mickey platter that you are looking for. There seems to be an ample supply at all of the stores. If you go this week, you'll probably be able to pick one up.

HOME store in DTD - lots of plates, platters, gelt and truffles.

View attachment 817596

Julius Katz & Sons inDCA - lots of plates, platters and plush
View attachment 817598

Gone Hollywood
View attachment 817599

While walking into Five and Dime, I spotted this Hanukkah themed pin trading table.

View attachment 817600
Very nice variety of items. Like I said before he can complain to Disney. If he wants more variety of shirts, complain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter