Why aren't there park-to-park buses?

Their has always been park to park travel, whether bus, boat or monorail. What they need is resort to resort buses. for those that have dinning reservations at other resorts than their own.

I know that we bussed park to park on our last few trips, but was there a time when that wasn't offered...I seem to remember park hopping being a major pain because we had to go to a random resort to grab another bus...?? (I'm thinking about our trips in the 90's.)

Obviously not important now, just curious.

Their has always been park to park travel, whether bus, boat or monorail. What they need is resort to resort buses. for those that have dinning reservations at other resorts than their own.

I think that's asking for too much,there's like 2 dozen resorts,are they going to have buses from All Star Sports to Port Orleans,like I said that's asking for too much.The resorts with the most popular restaurants are usually easily accessed to the parks,you have a cluster of hotels on the monorail line by MK or a short boat ride away to the Wilderness Lodge and you have the Epcot resorts in between Epcot and DHS.The only major hotel that's kinda out there on it's own is Animal Kingdom.

What they need is resort to resort buses. for those that have dinning reservations at other resorts than their own.

I like the idea of this, but the logistics might be a nightmare. There are roughly 20 resorts, right? Think of 1 resort having bus routes to 19 other resorts in addition to Downtown Disney and the 4 parks. They would have to add an extra 175 bus routes to offer every possible resort combination.

revroy said:

I think that would be crazy!! Can you imagine how many bus stops they would need?? Maybe the buses could do multiple stops. I. E. a bus from POP / AoA that makes stops at all the Mk resorts or a bus from POR/FQ that stops at all of the Epcot resorts.

Looking at satellite photos and remembering where the construction I saw was, I think it very likely they are expanding capacity at the MK bus stop. ;)
I think they were just burying a pipe, possibly to help with the flooding under the water bridge when it rains. On Wednesday it looked like they were already covering over the excavation with sod.

Of course, it's possible the work was in support of the rumored future expansion, but whatever it was, it looks like this phase is already wrapping up.

I think they were just burying a pipe, possibly to help with the flooding under the water bridge when it rains. On Wednesday it looked like they were already covering over the excavation with sod.

Of course, it's possible the work was in support of the rumored future expansion, but whatever it was, it looks like this phase is already wrapping up.

Thanks for the update!

27920467.jpg

There is?? Holy crap. On my last trip we went from AK ti MK but i think we took a bus to the TC first then hopped on the monorail. You mean i could have taken a bus directly to MK??

I'll be honest here and say that TTC is as much a part of MK as the castle is, as far as I am concerned. That is how I originally entered MK in the days of long ago and that is how I prefer to enter it now. I always feel that something is missing if I don't get to take the Ferry or the Monorail. Why is everyone in so much of a hurry that they actually miss some of the best stuff there?

I'll be honest here and say that TTC is as much a part of MK as the castle is, as far as I am concerned. That is how I originally entered MK in the days of long ago and that is how I prefer to enter it now. I always feel that something is missing if I don't get to take the Ferry or the Monorail. Why is everyone in so much of a hurry that they actually miss some of the best stuff there?

It gets a lot less magical when it's crowded. I remember once getting off at the TTC and being floored by the massive numbers of people trying to get onto the boat and the "Express" monorail to the Magic Kingdom. They had the extended ropes out and there were CMs shouting to people, trying to herd them along.

I almost turned around, but then it occurred to me that I could just take the resort monorail instead. After all, it stops at the Magic Kingdom, too. So I walked up the empty ramp and joined the three people standing there. A father with his small sons asked the CM, "Is this allowed?" The CM grinned, put his finger to his lips, and said, "Shhh, it's a Disney secret." :rotfl2:

Stay thirsty my friends.

I'm embarrassed I didn't get it now. Your line above was my tag line before I settled on DEI a couple of years ago. I haven't seen TMIMITW for a while either.

I just got back, previous I swore we rode a bus from AK to MK or Epcot? This trip we had two options, take bus to Contemporary and walk, or the bus to transportation center and monorail to MK.

I just got back, previous I swore we rode a bus from AK to MK or Epcot? This trip we had two options, take bus to Contemporary and walk, or the bus to transportation center and monorail to MK.

There is a direct bus from AK to Epcot. All park to park buses to or from MK transfer through the TTC.

We have a late dinner ressie at Ohana and are staying at BI. What bus will we take when all the parks are closed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter