Why aren't there park-to-park buses?

phillymummer

DIS Veteran
Hello DISers!

I was part of a huge Disney discussion today and we got to talking about the buses, monorails, and boats. We wondered why Disney doesn't offer buses from.... say..... AK to MK? Or MK to HS? We were trying to figure out the parks you can hop to directly. Like Epcot and DHS can be done via a boat or walkway, right? And you take the monorail from MK to Epcot, right?

Personally, I think I would be more inclined to buy a PH pass again if I could hop straight from park-to-park.

What do you think?

I don't park hop often but when I do, I always take the bus. I have taken the bus from Epcot to AK and HS. What makes you think you cannot take a bus from one park to another. I have in the past and as far as I know, that option is still available.

Hello DISers!

I was part of a huge Disney discussion today and we got to talking about the buses, monorails, and boats. We wondered why Disney doesn't offer buses from.... say..... AK to MK? Or MK to HS? We were trying to figure out the parks you can hop to directly. Like Epcot and DHS can be done via a boat or walkway, right? And you take the monorail from MK to Epcot, right?

Personally, I think I would be more inclined to buy a PH pass again if I could hop straight from park-to-park.

What do you think?

Yes, there are buses between all parks except MK* and Epcot, where the monorail fills that purpose. A common misconception.

*Note that in MK's case, the park-to-park buses stop at TTC. You would then monorail or ferry back and forth to MK.

There is park to park transportation. I've taken it many times. It may be a bus, boat or monorail.

I was worried that maybe they had changed something, whew.

Had park to park buses last month. Used them several times

There is?? Holy crap. On my last trip we went from AK ti MK but i think we took a bus to the TC first then hopped on the monorail. You mean i could have taken a bus directly to MK??

I don't park hop often but when I do, I always take the bus. I have taken the bus from Epcot to AK and HS. What makes you think you cannot take a bus from one park to another. I have in the past and as far as I know, that option is still available.

Lol. :rotfl:

mesaboy2 said:
No, reread my post.

Sorry. Just reread it. I don't know why i thought there weren't buses directly between parks. I guess stopping at the TC to get to MK thre me off. On our last trip the only time we hopped was from AK to MK and then MK to Epcot.

I feel silly now. {insert blush emote here}

So then... Why can resort buses drop you off "in front" of MK but the park buses have to stop at the TC?

Sorry. Just reread it. I don't know why i thought there weren't buses directly between parks. I guess stopping at the TC to get to MK thre me off. On our last trip the only time we hopped was from AK to MK and then MK to Epcot.

I feel silly now. {insert blush emote here}

So then... Why can resort buses drop you off "in front" of MK but the park buses have to stop at the TC?

I just assume it's a lack of space. Someone else may have a better answer. :goodvibes

I just assume it's a lack of space. Someone else may have a better answer. :goodvibes

I thought I read something about Disney planning to add buses that drop off directly at the MK, but I don't know if that was just rumor or if it's actively being pursued.

I thought I read something about Disney planning to add buses that drop off directly at the MK, but I don't know if that was just rumor or if it's actively being pursued.

I noticed construction going on near the MK bus stop a couple of weeks ago--perhaps that's what they're doing. I haven't bothered to research yet so don't know.

mesaboy2 said:
I missed why that's funny....

Look at the part the poster bolded. Maybe he was thinking of that commercial with the "Most incredible Man".... "I don't drink beer often when i do, i drink XX".

I don't drink beer often, but when I do I drink Dos Equis. I think it reminded them of the commercial.

One year we were there at Christmas time and hopping from one of the parks (honestly don't remember which one) and heading to the MK. We hopped on the bus to go to the TTC. The bus driver asked if everyone on the bus was going to the MK and everyone answered yes. He took us straight there. It was nice.

On a side not, it is easier to take a bus to the Contemporary and walk to the Magic Kingdom than go to the TTC and monorail or ferry over.

I noticed construction going on near the MK bus stop a couple of weeks ago--perhaps that's what they're doing. I haven't bothered to research yet so don't know.

Looking at satellite photos and remembering where the construction I saw was, I think it very likely they are expanding capacity at the MK bus stop.

Look at the part the poster bolded. Maybe he was thinking of that commercial with the "Most incredible Man".... "I don't drink beer often when i do, i drink XX".

I don't drink beer often, but when I do I drink Dos Equis. I think it reminded them of the commercial.

Thanks. I'll assume that's why. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter