Why all the love for the Ohana breakfast?

dskib

DIS Veteran
It seems to get consistently great reviews, but when I look at the menu, all I see is scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon/sausage. I'm pretty sure I'd rather have a yummy buffet with lots more to choose from. Am I missing something? Why does everyone love it?

We actually have 2 ressies for breakfast there on our next trip. We LOVE it, because of the food, atmosphere, and mainly Stitch. We are a family who hands down loves Stitch more than any other character Disney has ever created.

The POG juice is so yummy, I really cant get enough. My favorite food is the sausages, so perfectly cooked and juicy. Then the breads especially the cinnamon ones are so good, the Mickey waffles. I love the Hawaiian feel to things which I feel you get at Ohana. The races and other activities for the kids are a blast! I got some of the best pictures of my daughter here on our last trip.

A lot of people like it for the simple meal, delicious breads, and character interaction. However, if you're looking for a good breakfast buffet with an amazing selection (no characters), I would suggest Boma.

Took forever to be seated then they waited for entire room to be seated before they started serving food. Server was clearly sick (yuk :sick:) and kinda forgot us. Other than the sweet bread and juice it was just your basic breakfast. Characters were so slow to do the room, we left before we saw them all. We had already invested a couple hours, most of which was just waiting. We did enjoy it back before it became a Stitch meal, but it's off our radar now.

We don't love the food. We find the platter unbearably salty. Waffles, juice, fruit and pastries are fine. We enjoy the characters and the restaurant but it is toward the bottom of the list of character meals for us. We don't like Cape May either, the other character meal people rave about, so we must be weird, lol.

I really disliked it when we went in 2012. I *thought* my husband agreed with me but he specifically requested it for our upcoming trip. I suggested he could go to 'Ohana with DS and I could go to Kona but that didn't go over well.

(The food was fine. We had awful service, never saw Stitch and one of the characters--Pluto or Goofy--nearly shoved my husband over...)

I really disliked it when we went in 2012. I *thought* my husband agreed with me but he specifically requested it for our upcoming trip. I suggested he could go to 'Ohana with DS and I could go to Kona but that didn't go over well. (The food was fine. We had awful service, never saw Stitch and one of the characters--Pluto or Goofy--nearly shoved my husband over...)
Last year was our first time having breakfast there. We loved the whole experience so much that we booked breakfast again 2 days later!! We will be there this November as well!!!! The food is basic, but there are some special things... for one, the potatoes!! I don't know why, but I LOVE them!!!!! The bread and juice are really good too! We like that they keep bringing you more food without having to get up! lol It's a very relaxed and fun atmosphere! My little ones love the characters and walking around with them holding maracas. We had the same waitress both times, I wish I could remember her name because she was great! Give it another try, maybe you'll feel differently this time around! Enjoy!!

The food itself is basic hot breakfast food. The fruit is always fresh. The pineapple bread and juice are amazing. I feel like we stick with pretty standard food anyway at the buffets.

I think it's just a combo of food, atmosphere, and characters. They're always consistently great for us.

I have an Ohana breakfast ressie to cancel for 6/16 for 4 at 10:20ish and have posted it in June cancellations thread. Please PM me if you would like it.

We are a Lilo & Stitch fan family, for sure! The food is nothing special and the wait is sometimes ridiculous - but O'hana is a guaranteed opportunity to give Stitch a hug!! :goodvibes

I dont think its all that great but i get outvoted in a house with more females than males. Its Food there is bacon and i am good

It is pretty basic. I actually find it quite gross. Both Boma (non characters) and Tusker House (characters) are miles ahead of O'hana in food quality for breakfast.

Other than the welcome bread and juice, the food is EXACTLY what you get on the "bounty platter" at the resort quick service locations....in fact our bounty platter at AKL was every bit as good, if not better :confused3 I would only go if you are huge Lilo/Stitch fans!

they do have pastries and Mickey waffles, I just think it doesn't show on the menu. And fruit. So it's not just eggs and meat, and if you want more you can ask for more. Some folks like that more than having to get up and go to a buffet.

Other than the welcome bread and juice, the food is EXACTLY what you get on the "bounty platter" at the resort quick service locations....in fact our bounty platter at AKL was every bit as good, if not better :confused3 I would only go if you are huge Lilo/Stitch fans!

And there is fruit too - my favorite part - I never noticed before that you are totally right...it is the Bounty platter! LOL!

We loved it on our last big family trip. We had our niece (5) and she loved it as well. I enjoyed having a full breakfast that was brought to me vs having to get up for a buffet. I remember the juice and bread being especially wonderful. The characters came around at a good pace and we got pictures with everyone. I also loved their Hawaiian outfits.

My fav breakfast is Chef Mickey...but reservations for there are usually hard to get at peak times in my experience. So Ohana is a good one as well as Cape May. (But Cape May for dinner is better food than breakfast).

We only like it for the characters and the coconut races. :) The food is average at best. Waffles are often hard and cold, eggs often rubbery, everything is just so meh. But, that's the case at most breakfast buffets on property. the one we LOVE the most is Cape May and to a lesser extent, Crystal Palace. the latter for early entry to the MK and CHOCOLATE waffles that were soft and DEELISH!

It may be basic food but the food was always freshly made and hot whenever we ate there 2 times. I like that it is served Family style and no other people have touched the food, like at buffets. Plus you can ask for more of whatever you like. I love the POLY Resort and the Ohana Restaurant, I think they are beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter