Who's ready for a late summer room discount?

Well not completely true at least in my experience. I have a Deluxe room at BC and those rooms have been sold out for months. I was able to apply the 15% off to my reservation. It let me modify online.
Thanks for noting that- I was able to check & it would've been $ 260 more to modify so I'm good with what I have

Well not completely true at least in my experience. I have a Deluxe room at BC and those rooms have been sold out for months. I was able to apply the 15% off to my reservation. It let me modify online.
Oh that’s good

I did check back online, and was able to apply the discount to a room that WASN'T available a few days ago. I read too much into everything, but I assume that meant somehow, some rooms must have opened up?

I originally had Pop Preferred Pool View booked at full price; had to move to Preferred to get the discount, and was able to move back to Preferred Pool View with the discount.

Probably just means someone else cancelled or changed their reservation. Nothing sneaky or nefarious on Disney’s part.

No, not sneaky at all. My assumption was that since the discount was a bit "leaner" than in past years, some folks might have changed their plans, and moved to a different resort or offsite for better prices - and the room became available.

We ended up moving from CBR to BWI! The 25% off at BWI closed the gap enough for us to say "let's go for it!" (there were no discounted rooms at CBR for our dates so we were booked at full rate water view because there weren't any standard views even non-discounted)

I also ended up booking BWI as it was the best deal I found for my tentative dates. My family goes through phases of a favorite park, and right now that park is HS so it makes the most sense to stay at Epcot resort. YC/BC are our favorites, but the discount is not as good as BWI.

All bets are off when/if AP rates are released!! Hoping for a Poly/BC split.....

I also ended up booking BWI as it was the best deal I found for my tentative dates. My family goes through phases of a favorite park, and right now that park is HS so it makes the most sense to stay at Epcot resort. YC/BC are our favorites, but the discount is not as good as BWI.

All bets are off when/if AP rates are released!! Hoping for a Poly/BC split.....
I have YC booked. It's no longer available for my dates. If a good AP rate comes out I may switch to BWI. Right now it's about 250 less. Not enough to switch.

Reactions: TJA
I'm hoping someone might be able to provide some insight on an issue I've been having trying to book this discount. I'm just looking to go for three nights, falling around a weekend, and I have three options: Thursday-Sunday stay, Friday-Monday stay, or Saturday-Tuesday stay. I can get the promo rate to show up for the Saturday-Tuesday stay, but not for the other two. So I thought, oh, I guess those rates are booked. But then I accidentally searched for the whole time (Thursday-Tuesday), and I can get the discounted rate for all five nights! Is there a reason I can't replicate it for the shorter stays?

I'm hoping someone might be able to provide some insight on an issue I've been having trying to book this discount. I'm just looking to go for three nights, falling around a weekend, and I have three options: Thursday-Sunday stay, Friday-Monday stay, or Saturday-Tuesday stay. I can get the promo rate to show up for the Saturday-Tuesday stay, but not for the other two. So I thought, oh, I guess those rates are booked. But then I accidentally searched for the whole time (Thursday-Tuesday), and I can get the discounted rate for all five nights! Is there a reason I can't replicate it for the shorter stays?

Hotel room inventory algorithm. Based on the already sold inventory, the computer computed the combination that will ensure the highest profit per night. None of us know the exact science/formula it uses. It could be the earlier stays leave an awkward hard-to-fill gap in the room inventory.

Last edited:
Hotel room inventory algorithm. Based on the already sold inventory, the computer computed the combination that will ensure the highest profit per night. Noon of us know the exact science/formula it uses. It could be the earlier stays leave an awkward hard-to-fill gap in the room inventory.

Well that's frustrating, but thank you for the response!

I just made an executive decision and let our BC garden view package go for the last week in August... the AAA rate on a Swan Deluxe Balcony room and 7 day PH using my company's TicketsAtWork benefit worked out in total to be $1200 cheaper than the summer discount package, for pretty much the same general experience (minus ME and proper bus service now). But I figure for the savings, we could uber everywhere and still come out way ahead. I'm still kinda bummed though - but are we all collectively in agreement that a significantly better offer likely won't be coming along, right!? I would have normally held onto it until closer to the pay in full date, but given the tickets need to be linked to park reservations now, I didn't want to risk things getting weird at the last minute. (Just posting for some hive mind reassurance that I did the right thing - lol)

I just made an executive decision and let our BC garden view package go for the last week in August... the AAA rate on a Swan Deluxe Balcony room and 7 day PH using my company's TicketsAtWork benefit worked out in total to be $1200 cheaper than the summer discount package, for pretty much the same general experience (minus ME and proper bus service now). But I figure for the savings, we could uber everywhere and still come out way ahead. I'm still kinda bummed though - but are we all collectively in agreement that a significantly better offer likely won't be coming along, right!? I would have normally held onto it until closer to the pay in full date, but given the tickets need to be linked to park reservations now, I didn't want to risk things getting weird at the last minute. (Just posting for some hive mind reassurance that I did the right thing - lol)
I'm not expecting anything else to be released, and certainly nothing that would compare to those savings. I think you made a good decision!

Would love opinions here - is there any benefit this year to booking now and then transferring the res if/when a discount is announced? We go annually the last week of Aug, and in the the past we would always be booked by Feb to make sure we could lock in all of our benefits like ADRs, etc. (though we'd usually have late summer discount pricing by now, or a Labor Day deal from an agency). But this year, with dining so wonky and everything else wait-and-see, is it easier to just ride it out for a bit? How essential is it to book now to reserve our park days (they all still look completely open for late Aug.)? Is there any other benefit to early booking that I'm forgetting that would be applicable this year?
Is the agency still offering the Labor Day discounts? Do you know when they usually release the specials? We havent used the Labor Day special sinve 2016.

Is the agency still offering the Labor Day discounts? Do you know when they usually release the specials? We havent used the Labor Day special sinve 2016.

It's not the same convention-priced agency exclusive they used to offer. Disney stopped those kinds of exclusives a few years ago.

It's not the same convention-priced agency exclusive they used to offer. Disney stopped those kinds of exclusives a few years ago.

Man I wish they did. We had Poly and BC trips for $200 per night, lol. Haven't seen that in a long time,

Man I wish they did. We had Poly and BC trips for $200 per night, lol. Haven't seen that in a long time,
Yes were able to stay at the Poly, Beach Club, and the Grand Floridian for under 300 a night! I don’t think we will ever get to stay at them again. 😭. I guess I should be happy we did get to stay at them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter