Who's in for May 2013 code watch?

I guess I should clarify a few things. Kids are 8 & 5. We currently have a suite at AOA. We will get 15% off there. Or we could get two rooms at one of the all star resorts or moderate resorts. We would save 20-25% on those. What do y'all think is the best option for us?

I think you could save more $$$ by going to ASMU suites......maybe I am wrong....So you have 3 adults and the 2 kids then? You could get a moderate (POR) that sleeps 5, but I am sure you would be more comfy in a suite. I am never good at Disney math. I thought I was going to save more than I did. I would call and ask about AOA, ASMU Suites and POR - see which one saves you more....

Maybe someone else has a better idea? Anyone here get a suite with the promo???

Does anyone know what dates are exempt from the Visa promotion? Does it include memorial day?

Where are you staying? I am asking because we have booked with a 30% discount at a value and get a military discount on tickets (about $30 or so per person). Not sure if it is worth calling to see if I will save even more money through this promotion. :confused3

We are staying at CBR for 7 nights with park hopper passes.

Booked CSR this morning and saved about $400 with my Disney Visa. We'll be there the 18th thru 25th. Haven't been to Disney since 2010, so can't wait! :figment:

Going to see what happens when the general public offer comes out, but according to Danny's charts, our May trip to POFQ wouldn't go any lower in price :( Very disappointing. We could switch to POR, but we really wanted to try POFQ for our first on-site experience and it would only save a few hundred and thus we think it might not be worth it. Guess we'll see if that's accurate come January 3rd! Or hoping for a pin code!

That is not true. Some resorts get different rates than others.

Yup, the % rates are "up to... %". Some resorts great discounts while other resorts within the same category have next-to-nothing discounts. I can even depend on the room - I've seen quite a few people on here switch from one room type to another in order to substantially increase their discount.

POFQ is only a 5% discount. I was booked there and was only going to save $200 on my May trip. I was really excited about staying at the French Quarter, but switching to Riverside saved me close to $700. I was a little disappointed to switch, but that $700 covers our airfare... I'm just happy I got some sort of discount! :)

Robin

mcever4 said:
POFQ is only a 5% discount. I was booked there and was only going to save $200 on my May trip. I was really excited about staying at the French Quarter, but switching to Riverside saved me close to $700. I was a little disappointed to switch, but that $700 covers our airfare... I'm just happy I got some sort of discount! :)

Robin

You get airfare for $700?

Robin

Same here. I was really looking forward to staying in POFQ, but I figured for another $350 in my pocket I can walk over and see it instead.

Booked CSR this morning and saved about $400 with my Disney Visa. We'll be there the 18th thru 25th. Haven't been to Disney since 2010, so can't wait! :figment:

yay!! CSR is fantastic!
We are there May 14-22. Did you get standard?
I had preferred booked at rack rate and had to drop to standard to get the discount. :/ We really wanted Casistas, but just happy to get the discount at CSR. :yay:

so sad that the poly is only 20%
we stayed in April 2012 and it was 30% ...... now, I sit and pray for a pin that will never come :(

Same here. I was really looking forward to staying in POFQ, but I figured for another $350 in my pocket I can walk over and see it instead.

Quite true. That's why I'm debating. I'd personally be happy to save 5% at POFQ like a previous person mentioned and would stay there, but if it's a significant incentive to switch... Gah, decisions decisions! At least we'll get to go regardless though :hyper:

Going to see what happens when the general public offer comes out, but according to Danny's charts, our May trip to POFQ wouldn't go any lower in price :( Very disappointing. We could switch to POR, but we really wanted to try POFQ for our first on-site experience and it would only save a few hundred and thus we think it might not be worth it. Guess we'll see if that's accurate come January 3rd! Or hoping for a pin code!

POFQ is lovely, but I would go with the discounted resort if I were you. 5% off is pretty much rack rate in my books. You can always try for POFQ again another time. Unless, spending the money doesn't bother you, then go for it. :)

You get airfare for $700?

We budget about $500 for airfare. Use a combination of points and cash. Works out fine most of the time.

last year we save with the regular discount instead of our AP discount...so we went to FQ for 150 dollars more...it is a beautiful resort...but going to Movies this time...we shall see what happens when the AP rates come out too..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter