Who's going to be at the Fort in May 2017? TR thread

The DW and I are arriving on Memorial Day (May 29) and leaving June 3. We were originally scheduled to stay until June 10 (our 22 wedding anniversary) but circumstances changed that for us. We are in a premium site and pulling the TT down for our son and his friends as a high school graduation trip. I hope to see you all there!

We just got back from May 22-27 at the Fort, and had a FANTASTIC time. The CM checking us in noticed it was my daughter's 5th birthday the next day, and she tried to move us to the 1500 loop but, alas, we were travelling with friends who had already checked in and set up in the 2000 loop. OH WELL. Instead, she asked Quinn for her favorite princess and then set us up with extra FPs on her birthday to meet Ariel and ride the Little Mermaid ride. We ended up with site 2001, which was right at the start of the loop and had a huge empty space next to it, which was really nice. We did get some bus noise, but were too tired at night to really notice at all.
IMG_1025.jpg

We rented a golf cart for the first time and had SO MUCH FUN cruising around in it and checking out the other loops. The kids (and me!) liked it as much as the parks. The kids also did the pony rides, and we spent a lot of time in the pool. We did the (non-fire) campfire on our last night, and I was shocked at how DEAD it was, considering the Memorial Day weekend crowds. Maybe everyone was at the parks?

The weather was great, except for the occasional drenching thunderstorm, but our tent and gear all stayed dry, thankfully. The last two nights were pretty cool (down to 60 degrees) in the tent, considering we had prepared for heat and not cold, but everyone survived.

As far as our non-Fort vacation, we did Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and ate dinner at the castle on Quinn's birthday, and those were both fantastic experiences. I had heard such mixed things about Cinderella's Royal Table, but we thought it was really fun and the food was excellent. We had an 8:50 appointment at BBB and arrived early at 8:30 and they took us in immediately and we were done at 9:05. Quinn says it was her favorite part of the trip. We also FINALLY did the Behind the Seeds tour at Epcot, and we all loved it - my 7 year old son was particularly fascinated with the whole thing and our tour guide was great with him.

Anyway, I'm not thrilled to be home, but I'm ready to start planning my next trip. I started looking at teardrop trailers on the drive home yesterday....

We're here!! Site 1507. Took us about 2 1/2 hrs to set up. The tent a.c. is amazing! So far, we have been practicing how to get to mk tomorrow and swimming. Dd9 shrieked with excitement when we finally told her we were actually going to the parks after all.

We had an amazing time at the Fort. Sorry for the delay in reporting back and answering questions, but I had to travel to Tucson for work within a few days of getting back home from Orlando. I was waiting to figure out how to post some pix but finally gave up and decided to just post without pix for now, and figure that part out later.

Thank you all so much for all the helpful information. Our trip was definitely so much better based on all the useful info I learned from the people on the DiS boards. Bama Ed, we didn't get to see much of O'leno state park, but what we did see was nice. We got there really late and it was sooooo dark. And the camping area was quite a ways into the state park. We felt like we were in a scary movie as we kept driving and driving and driving, trying to see signs to the camping area. My hubby didn't hook our camper up to the water, so my granddaughter and I did visit the park's bathhouse to take a shower. The bathhouse was clean and comfortable. We would definitely stay there again under similar travel circumstances.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter