Who's going to be at the Fort in May 2017? TR thread

I wonder if it was because we were closer to the water...
That is a possibility, we have never been given any type of repellent when we check in. We do hear them spraying for mosquitoes in the late night/early morning. Not sure which, i'm to tired to check my watch, and besides I have to be up at 5 a.m to go looping.

4 more days and praying that my oldest boys don't have any tests on Friday afternoon. I've taken them out quite a few times around 11 on Fridays we go camping and I don't feel like facing the receptionist yet again at their school with a straight face saying "they both have an appointment":rolleyes1 If they can skip, we will hopefully be on the road by 10 to get there in time to enjoy some campground time. We are planning MK on Saturday and then Blizzard Beach on Sunday on the way home to finish off our FL Resident tickets for this year. My brother and his family will be with us at MK so I'm looking forward to introducing them to the Fort (and our popup) during our afternoon break. I think they will love it, and while I don't ever see them camping, maybe their daughters will want to join us sometime.

Anyone in Loop 2000 that can tell me if they have a barbecue area set up for use? We were planning on burgers on Saturday afternoon but don't want to deal with the hassle if the only gas barbecues are by the pool (and for sure I will get Loop 2000 not 1500, that's how it's been 7 out of 8 times:headache:)

Looping is riding your golf cart, bike or simply walking the other loops looking at the different site decorations and making new friends. If I didn't do this in 'arch I never would have known about the couple from the same state as me and lives about 5 minute from where I work. And you have to visit other Dis board members.

ok, new to this board... define looping... will be there Saturday.... can't wait...

"Looping", cu@theFort, is short for getting in your golf cart/on your bike/up on your hind legs and going around to the different loops to look at people's setups. It could be looking at trailers and rv's - it could be looking at their site decorations - it could be looking at the tow vehicle parked with the trailer/rv - or it could be looking at site accessories like awnings, EZups, outdoor tv setups, outdoor kitchens, etc.

Folks like to looking at other people's setups and get ideas that they can customize for themselves. Campground folks are generally friendly and hospitable so if you see them outside (or like me lurk until they come out for some reason) you can engage them in conversation to ask them about whatever it is you are interested in.

Given all the loops there are at the Fort and the turnover that occurs as guests come and go, by the time you might get around and cover several loops a night, there's a whole new batch of folks who have come in to spec out and look at. Thus "looping" is a common, frequent, consuming event for some. People who would never buy a golf cart get hooked on looping at the Fort, then do it at their other camp grounds, then realize an owned golf cart makes it that much easier.

So that's what looping is. I hope someone will correct all my omissions and mistakes.

Bama Ed

PS - dang, Vince was too quick for me....

"Looping", cu@theFort, is short for getting in your golf cart/on your bike/up on your hind legs and going around to the different loops to look at people's setups. It could be looking at trailers and rv's - it could be looking at their site decorations - it could be looking at the tow vehicle parked with the trailer/rv - or it could be looking at site accessories like awnings, EZups, outdoor tv setups, outdoor kitchens, etc.

Folks like to looking at other people's setups and get ideas that they can customize for themselves. Campground folks are generally friendly and hospitable so if you see them outside (or like me lurk until they come out for some reason) you can engage them in conversation to ask them about whatever it is you are interested in.

Given all the loops there are at the Fort and the turnover that occurs as guests come and go, by the time you might get around and cover several loops a night, there's a whole new batch of folks who have come in to spec out and look at. Thus "looping" is a common, frequent, consuming event for some. People who would never buy a golf cart get hooked on looping at the Fort, then do it at their other camp grounds, then realize an owned golf cart makes it that much easier.

So that's what looping is. I hope someone will correct all my omissions and mistakes.

Bama Ed

PS - dang, Vince was too quick for me....

Ha, so that is what we have been doing... we loop all the time but didn't know what it was called... we also like Ocean Lakes at Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head... and, yes, we bought a cart this year, should be fun.

That is correct. There are a few tables and chairs on the deck part of the boat dock or some lounge chairs on the beach. Stay for the electric water parade, it is pretty cool, even if you seen it a few dozen times.

If you have the fold up camping chairs... that is ideal... we were out there in the rain one night and it was still good... there is the light vs sound speed to deal with, but it is really awesome!

:welcome: to the Disboards cu@theFort. I won't beat you up with another description of loop as I think it's been covered. I will just say that it gets it's name as a result of the Fort describing their sites as being in "Loops" because..... well..... they are formed as "Loops" :D

Hope your trip to the Fort is an awesome one. We won't be back there until Mid-June so will probably miss you, but look for other Disboard members. Many have a "Sign" to identify them (Lime Greenish Mickey head)

dang, Vince was too quick for me....
That's because I have nothing better to do at 10 pm, even though I have to be up at 4:30. After that post I was up till about 1 in the morning thinking of all the things that I would write about on our Oct. trip. Was actually able to get up and function as normal for the whole day with only 3 1/2 hrs. of sleep.

WE'RE HERE! 549 through Memorial Day. We only had reservations through Friday and the website didn't show availability but they were able to do it here. Sa-weet, we had reservation in another campground but so much nicer not to move. Way to continue to work you magic Walt.

I got the outside setup and the golf cart off the truck. Sitting in the 90+ shade cooling off so I can go take a much needed shower before we hit the parks.

My DW and I arrived at about 1 PM today. We are in 1637. My youngest DD brought her trailer and is next to us in 1633.

Other than a 2-night stay at a nearby KOA a couple months ago, this is our first big outing. DW and I are staying 6 nights and the DD only 3 nights.

Darn hot and humid today. I ended up getting overheated setting up and there wasn't much to it. We have our Disboard sign out.

Here is a pic of our set-up. And we also rented a golf cart.

They also gave us the Off wipes.

Disney Fort 2017.JPG

Last edited:
Good looking setup, glad everyone is arriving safe and sound. Beth, (or Pete...) that looks like a Mickey door decoration there. Any chance of a closeup?

WE'RE HERE! 549 through Memorial Day. We only had reservations through Friday and the website didn't show availability but they were able to do it here. Sa-weet, we had reservation in another campground but so much nicer not to move. Way to continue to work you magic Walt.

I got the outside setup and the golf cart off the truck. Sitting in the 90+ shade cooling off so I can go take a much needed shower before we hit the parks.
Did you find a good spot to remove the GC off the truck?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter