Who's going on all the Wonder cruises?

Originally posted by westjones
If you get a room on the 6th floor it shouldn't be too bad walking. We hardly use the elevators because we don't like waiting and don't like being in crowded elevators.

The main elevators have a glass window side, so maybe that would help (being able to see out of them.

DJ

I agree. In fact,we were near the forward elevator/stairs and the only time I think we used the elevators was when we were returning to the ship on Nassau day and were too exhausted from all the walking. Not many people around and we were alone on the elevator (boom chicka wow wow -- JK) ;)

Do the Wonder, we did, only because we have a 4 year old and thought it would be long enough for him...He did great! I would love to do the 7 night, but time does not allow...you will not regret doing the 4 day for your first Disney cruise. It was our best vacation! The only thing I see happening is that when you come back you will want to book another one!!!

Good luck and happy sailing!

We are doing the 3 day, it is our first cruise and I wanted to get a taste of it. Also when I am on vacation, I really do not want to wear formal wear, so I thought that a shorter cruise would be more our style, I just plan on wearing skirts and tops.....
We are also going to spend 4 days at WDW before the cruise and 5 days after....:Pinkbounc

We were on the Magic last summer, on the 7-night Western. We loved it, and had a wonderful time. We had a Cat. 5 deluxe stateroom with a verandah. We booked lots of excursions, and swam with Stingrays in Grand Cayman, and Dolphins in Cozumel! It was FABULOUS, and our first REAL Disney Cruise (as we were WAITING for the 7-night cruises, and then went wild over the Western Itinerary) besides the Big Red Boat...LOL.

Our DD loved it SO much, I tossed in a quickie this summer on the Wonder (a birthday gift ), as we want to see Atlantis. I would have booked the 7-night Wonder, but have plans to take the Magic again next summer. Since we are traveling for more than 7~weeks (we do each summer), this cruise will be a little "added" surprise for DD (she thinks we are skipping this year). :p

I would not hesitate to take ANY of the Disney Cruise vacations. Especially coupled with a stay in the MAGIC of WDW. Enjoy!!

We enjoy cruising so much on Disney, that my DW and myself are sneaking away for a long weekend without the kids in September for a 3 night cruise on the Wonder.

I don't know about <I>everyone</I> doing the <I>Magic</I>. Of my 9 DCL (past and future booked) cruises, only ONE is on the <I>Magic</I>. I LOVE the <I>Wonder</I>!

Due to owning my own business, its easier to do a 3 or 4 night cruise. But sometimes I cheat and do back to backs. But since
we are only a short distance from Florida, if there was a major emergency I could always fly back from Nassau or Freeport.
( it better be a MAJOR emergency though) so far never had a problem

We loved the 4-day land/sea. It was my first cruise and I was very nervous and I thought if I could get off of the ship every day I would be fine. I didn't think I would like cruising. I went for my husband. Now, I love cruising--even though I do still get nervous about rough water.

Donna-- we were on Deck 6 in a cat 6. We had a verandah which helped, but I never felt closed in--even with the curtain closed. We also used the stairs most of the time except when we were in port and were leaving the ship. I don't like elevators either, and I was especially scared of being on an elevator on the water, but it wasn't that bad!

I agree that if you take the stairs you can eat more! :D
Actually, after eating so much, you don't feel like getting in an elevator. You need to walk it off.

Another great thing for panic/anxiety attacks is the Promenade Deck. It's not crowded, it's close to the water and there is a wonderful breeze! Great when you need to get away! Take a walk around the whole deck and you'll feel great!

VERY claustrophobic husband and father-in-law did very well on the four-night. We've only done four-night cruises so far, because we love going to WDW before and after the cruise, but we're thinking about a 7 night next fall.

We were on Deck 6, so we could go down to Deck 4 or up to 9 or 10 when they needed to be outside for a while. The glass-backed elevators are great.

I can't wait to go back in December!

Beth

I would love to do a 7 night cruise but we're using DVC points and it costs us enough for just the 4 night already! DH thought a 4 night would be good too because we've never cruised before and if we end up not liking it (fat chance, I know) then we aren't "stuck" on a ship for 8 days. I agree with him, although I'm sure we'll have a great time and wish we could stay longer. I say 3 or 4 days on a cruise ship is better than 7 or 8 days at home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter