Who wants a new World Showcase pavilion???

Nope, dont agree. Another one would be fine, but why remove the US? Sounds like the government.

As others have pointed out, space is not the issue. No need to replace any current country.

The problem is money. Unlike the rest of its parks and even Future World in Epcot, Disney sees no value in making additions to World Showcase and therefore will only add a country if somebody else pays for it.

So if you have the $'s and are willing, you can have any country you want added. Unfortunately no country on earth thinks paying for Disney's expansion is a great deal for them, so it's been over 20 years since a new country has been added.

worldshowcase_sites.gif

You've got spots for up to eight more countries back there.

The image makes more sense in the context of the Yesterland article (including what the asterisks on #7 and #8 mean). Also, the article discusses how the pavilions are sponsored.

World Showcase at Epcot: http://www.yesterland.com/worldshowcase.html

Three very important and a large countries absent from World Showcase are Russia, India, and Brazil. The absence of these reflects poorly on World Showcase.

No, on the contrary. I think Austrailia would have more to offer than would fit in the WS, and would want a whole land dedicated to it with several attractions.
I hope you didn't think I was being rude when I commented on what you said!
I would love to see us represented in WS but our govt/tourism board are about 30 years behind the times so would never take advantage of such a brilliant opportunity if it came up- I don't think they've got over 'throw another shrimp on the barby'(shudder)!!
Maybe if they did put an Australia land in AK it would entice people to spend more time in that park. :)

Anyone else wish they would make another WS pavilion?I may be the only one that feels this way but I think the US pavilion is wasted space:sad2: and a cooler country could go in there.Anyone else agree?
So what pavilion would you want?:scratchin

I am an American and I agree, the US pavilion is a tad boring for me ... you know, I want to see other countries that I haven't been to before ... or re-visit without the crazy costs (haha depending where in/out of The World you stay).

However, everyone must remember that Disney World is an INTERNATIONAL location. MANY people from MANY countries visit the parks. What better way to learn about the country they just traveled to then in a fun environment?
Also, the pavilion, while I'm not a fan, other citizens may love it due to the patrioticness and you know ... some just love that!

Though, I agree with everyone else saying that they need to add more countries!

I completely agree with Egypt, India and Australia/NZ! I would love that! :D
Personally, a South Korean pavilion would be AWESOME :woohoo:

My addition would be Australia in the middle of the World Showcase lagoon...although it isn't a very good idea, for MANY obvious reasons, it is still something I always thought would be really cool :rolleyes: It'd be isolated from the other pavilions, representing how it is actually isolated in real life...I know it sounds silly but in a perfect world it would work :rolleyes1:laughing:

Heck, I'll take Australia anywhere in World Showcase! It would be amazing :cloud9:

I'd LOVE to see Greece, even though I know it wouldn't happen in the near future because of the financial crisis. I had some ideas for it: the white pillar-y architecutre, a Hercules and Megara meet and greet, some kind of quick service gyro place and/or a full-service restaraunt, a ride through (sanitized) scenes from Greek mythology.... I think that would be so cool!

I hope you didn't think I was being rude when I commented on what you said! I would love to see us represented in WS but our govt/tourism board are about 30 years behind the times so would never take advantage of such a brilliant opportunity if it came up- I don't think they've got over 'throw another shrimp on the barby'(shudder)!!
Maybe if they did put an Australia land in AK it would entice people to spend more time in that park. :)

I didn't. I did think that I had offended you, and wanted to try to make myself clearer. Austrailia is a country that I and my husband haved dreamed about going to and hopefully one day we can. I have said several times to DH that it would be awesome if they did a huge land dedicated to Austrailia in AK, but I do think Austrailia is definitely worthy of the World Showcase. :goodvibes

I'd LOVE to see Greece, even though I know it wouldn't happen in the near future because of the financial crisis. I had some ideas for it: the white pillar-y architecutre, a Hercules and Megara meet and greet, some kind of quick service gyro place and/or a full-service restaraunt, a ride through (sanitized) scenes from Greek mythology.... I think that would be so cool!

I think this is a great idea :thumbsup2. I am an American/Greek & would love to see greece in the WS. It really is a beautiful country & the food would be a nice addition to the WS. Also, they could do a "sweets" stand with Baklava, all types of greek cookies & my favorite Loukoumades (almost like zeppoles but with honey) :banana:

As far as getting rid of US pavilion, I'd chain myself to the building and force them to run me over with the bulldozers. Still wish I had done that at Horizons.

I'd be happy with some Eastern European countries, or even the Russia pavilion that almost was. Although it's beyond WS, I think AK has picked up some of the larger neglected areas such as Africa and Asia (outside China/Japan).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter