Who on earth would stop in Bay Lake Tower?!

We own at Poly/BCV and would love to own at BLT. It's our favorite DVC with the galley kitchen in the studio and 2 bathrooms in the 1 bedroom. Then...location, location, location. LOVE IT.

It’s funny, when BLT first started I had no desire to stay there, I’m an OKW dieheart. However, it’s now one of our top 3, Kidani being the third, tying with BLT. As stated in this thread, different strokes... I write this having just spent 4 glorious days in a BLT 1bd, lake view #7727. What’s not to like, a fresh smelling lobby, a magnificent view, a clean cut esthetic, ample room for the 5 of us, all adults. Our 3 youngsters, :laughing: (21, 21 & 22) loved it as well. The monorail to MK & Epcot is great, access to good restaurants/bars is easy. Loved the Wave (wonderful family dinner & breakfast buffet), had good cocktails watching the fireworks at TOWL. Rented boats, enjoyed both pools (Contemp/BLT) One complaint, the bus ride to Disney Springs is a killer, 45 min, I live 2 1/2 hours away from Disney, I almost thought he was taking us home. As far as theming, it’s different, I enjoy it just as I enjoy the differences in AKV & OKW. I would stay at BLT before I’d stay at BWV or BCV, these have no living space. At BLT, OKW, and Kidani, you can actually all sit down comfortably to eat and relax together, and the extra baths are appreciated. Staying at BLT again for one of 4 F & W weekends because having booked a bit later, OKW was unavailable, just like this AUG stay.

Last edited:
We have been DVC since 2004 and have stayed in all the resorts except Poly. The studio that I like the least is SSR due to layout. It would have better flow if the couch was closer to the door and bed closer to window. That being said there is no place that we would never book. There are places that we cannot book at the 7 month so we dont get there that often. We own AKL and Aulani and try to get SSR or BLT to book one or two bedrooms. For my graduation trip in April I hope to be able to move the current AKL ressie to BLT but will not be heart broken if that does not happen. None of the DVC hotels are horrible and they all allow me to cook and bring back leftovers from meals. As a note we have not stayed at poly because we have not wanted to use two years of points for a bungalo and family is too big for a studio to be comfortable any more. Plus we lived in Hawaii for 6 years so doing Disney "Hawaii" just does not hold the same apeal to my family. Maybe someday on a pixie dust hope we will splurge for the Bungalos until then others can get into poly without having to fight me.

It’s funny, when BLT first started I had no desire to stay there, I’m an OKW dieheart. However, it’s now one of our top 3, Kidani being the third, tying with BLT. As stated in this thread, different strokes... I write this having just spent 4 glorious days in a BLT 1bd, lake view #7727. What’s not to like, a fresh smelling lobby, a magnificent view, a clean cut esthetic, ample room for the 5 of us, all adults. Our 3 youngsters, :laughing: (21, 21 & 22) loved it as well. The monorail to MK & Epcot is great, access to good restaurants/bars is easy. Loved the Wave (wonderful family dinner & breakfast buffet), had good cocktails watching the fireworks at TOWL. Rented boats, enjoyed both pools (Contemp/BLT) One complaint, the bus ride to Disney Springs is a killer, 45 min, I live 2 1/2 hours away from Disney, I almost thought he was taking us home. As far as theming, it’s different, I enjoy it just as I enjoy the differences in AKV & OKW. I would stay at BLT before I’d stay at BWV or BCV, these have no living space. At BLT, OKW, and Kidani, you can actually all sit down comfortably to eat and relax together, and the extra baths are appreciated. Staying at BLT again for one of 4 F & W weekends because having booked a bit later, OKW was unavailable, just like this AUG stay.
The only thing I didn't like about the BLT one bedroom (forget about the studio, don't stay in studios other than OKW) was sitting on the sofa or on the side chair. The sleeper chair was okay for sitting, but the sofa seemed short with the large cushions in back and the brown wooden chair was just plain uncomfortable. We spend time in our villas and sitting is a big part of that time.

I just read this thread and the OP's comments made me chuckle at their expense. Of course there are different strokes for different folks, but there is obviously strong appeal for those who want to stay at BLT. The two biggest draws to me are the great water views and its location. Those are both factors that drive up the price per square foot in the real real estate market, so why wouldn't it also be the case with DVC? If the BLT studios were any larger, the point cost would not be affordable for most people.
If doing cartwheels in your bathroom is important to you, stay at OKW or Poly. If walking to the most popular theme park in the world, and then relaxing on your balcony looking at a serene lake is important to you, stay at BLT. Neither choice is wrong, and it is strange to not be able to see the appeal in both.

BLT is our home resort and it's been good to us.........the studio is small but worked well when kiddos were smaller. we have been in a two bedroom last two times and we enjoyed the third bathroom/shower, lake view, pools, MK and the monorail. Restaurants, late night drinks and TOWL are great!

So being a DVC member we have stopped in most properties. This year we have come to WDW for a month (chose properties we haven’t stayed at before as we love GFV) and stayed at WLV (1 bed extremely nice), Polynesian Studio (nice room but customer service non existent and Grand ceremonial House constantly busy, Ohana causes chaos and ruined the atmosphere). We then moved to BLT for 11 nights in a studio. Now I don’t buy the whole ‘it’s just a room where you sleep’, if you are DVC you are invested in Disney and the room/villa makes a huge part of your vacation. The studio at BLT is shocking, yes I did my research and checked size etc, but this room is unbearable and unbelievable for 2 adults. It’s comparable to a prison cell, very drab and basic, and how a fifth floor room is apparently a theme park view is a joke. For a comparable amount of points WLV eats it alive and I would choose BWV any day over it. We moved out straight away, a shocking waste of points. I just don’t know who would waste points there. It is not comparable to the Contemporary Resort, that is stunning and the rooms are beautiful. Any thoughts?!

Nice there's places for everyone. I really like the BLT prison cell since they added the sink to the bathroom. Much better storage than every other studio. Separate kitchen. And it still has some character unlike others. It's really nice for two adults.

Nice there's places for everyone. I really like the BLT prison cell since they added the sink to the bathroom. Much better storage than every other studio. Separate kitchen. And it still has some character unlike others. It's really nice for two adults.

And although that takes away from the living space, for those who make meals on vacation, I really like that space. I really like BCV, but there is no room to have the coffee maker, toaster in use and still have space for the plates while cutting up fruit.

As I said for DH and I, it's fine. Family with small kids, it's getting tight. Family with big kids...I'd be looking bigger room.

Last trip we took with DS and his family ( kids ages 2 and 6), we both has studios. We kept the stroller in our room to give them an extra 2 ft of space.

So being a DVC member we have stopped in most properties. This year we have come to WDW for a month (chose properties we haven’t stayed at before as we love GFV) and stayed at WLV (1 bed extremely nice), Polynesian Studio (nice room but customer service non existent and Grand ceremonial House constantly busy, Ohana causes chaos and ruined the atmosphere). We then moved to BLT for 11 nights in a studio. Now I don’t buy the whole ‘it’s just a room where you sleep’, if you are DVC you are invested in Disney and the room/villa makes a huge part of your vacation. The studio at BLT is shocking, yes I did my research and checked size etc, but this room is unbearable and unbelievable for 2 adults. It’s comparable to a prison cell, very drab and basic, and how a fifth floor room is apparently a theme park view is a joke. For a comparable amount of points WLV eats it alive and I would choose BWV any day over it. We moved out straight away, a shocking waste of points. I just don’t know who would waste points there. It is not comparable to the Contemporary Resort, that is stunning and the rooms are beautiful. Any thoughts?!
We’ve only stayed in a one bedroom so there must be a significant difference. The one bedroom was so spacious! Our kids loved it and we loved the walk to MK. But I’m glad it’s not a home resort for us. When we went last October the windows were filthy, cobwebs like you couldn’t believe and the line for monorail at CR is not awesome. The customer service there was dismal compared to that at the 7 others we stayed. But it does have its charms.

While I am not a fan of BLT I did enjoy my stay there but decided it was not one of our top resorts and choose not to go back.... if someone where to ask I would say my opinion and meet enough others when we stayed with the same.... If you do not own at the resort you have 0 so called investment in BLT (a timeshare is not an investment or a very poor one if you insist on considering it one) as by contract staying at other resorts is a perk and not a right nor something included in your purchase price. In the end DVC is a timeshare and you own a very very very very very very small fraction of a room at the resort you purchased at land not included.... I am happy that I have so many options owning DVC and have used those option for the past 15 years... But to say who would want to stay somewhere????? that is comparable to and offensive as saying who would buy the house or ?? you live in for whatever reason they do not like it... its just not something that fits what you like nor see any value in...

We’ve only stayed in a one bedroom so there must be a significant difference. The one bedroom was so spacious! Our kids loved it and we loved the walk to MK. But I’m glad it’s not a home resort for us. When we went last October the windows were filthy, cobwebs like you couldn’t believe and the line for monorail at CR is not awesome. The customer service there was dismal compared to that at the 7 others we stayed. But it does have its charms.

I actually have an affinity for the monorail line at CR. I'm sure it's somewhat nostalgic but I like it way better than any of the other monorail stations. Indoor so it's cool and shaded and you can see outside and inside the CR. Thumbs up for me! The bad is they don't load very well there and seem to cut it off early when you can see there are still open spots.

By far the most "Disney Feel" DVC Resort IMO.

Having coffee on the balcony hearing the train and watching MK come to life with the boats and monorails-just the best.

The Castle lit up is a great nightlight to look at while in bed.

Plus the 2 Full Bathrooms in the 1BR is very nice to have.

Not to mention being in our room 10 minutes after HEA, unless we watch from our room of course..

Plus no artwork needed-even though there is.

enhance

Last edited:
I loved the studio at BLT, my favorite part was watching the water parade from our balcony. We also like to stay at the Magic Kingdom until it closes, and being able to walk back to our room is preferable to getting on Disney Transportation.

I loved the studio at BLT, my favorite part was watching the water parade from our balcony. We also like to stay at the Magic Kingdom until it closes, and being able to walk back to our room is preferable to getting on Disney Transportation.

The EWP was our favorite part of staying there as well. We made sure to book time to go see it on the beach of the Polynesian this past trip, but it just wasn't the same as popping out on our balcony wearing our pajamas after a long day in the parks.

There is one thing in the OP's post that shows what set the flavor of the entire stay: they paid theme park view points and got a fifth floor room. I am one who has repeatedly noted what a rip-off it is to get low floor theme park view rooms. I once got the fourth floor before it became standard view and felt royally ripped off.

THIS - would really **** me off. We were in a 1BR std on the 4th floor last trip, and had a great view of the fireworks. That felt like an incredibly valuable use of points. So much so that we are staying in a 2BR std over Thanksgiving.

Now I have to add one more thing to my "must do" list in December...

Smell the BLT lobby! :rotfl2:

What the heck does it smell like? And it's only the lobby?

I actually like the smell. But then again, I was recently in a real prison where pepper spray had been recently discharged and didn't really notice it... hm...

BLT was our first home resort, and we have yet to stay in the studios. I'm taking DH there for our 25th anniversary and we will be in a TPV studio. I know we could stay there with our 2 little kids, but we'll continue to use our BLT points for 1br and larger with the kids, and our SPG points for that cramped-studio-feeling with 2 kids at the Swolphin, but at least we'll have 2 real beds.

In addition to the location, the views, DH's favorite restaurant (California Grill) and the nostalgia (monorail! THROUGH! the! hotel!!), The Wave for breakfast is really underrated, and a real bargain with TiW. The Contemporary captured my heart when I was a little kid, and it will always be my first love. :)

FYI- The BLT lobby smell is Green Clover and Aloe, I asked the CM at check in and she gave me a little slip of paper with the name and where to get it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter