Who likes/wears ripped jeans?

Do you think you would ever relent and give her the ripped jeans she wants for another Christmas?

I doubt it. I'm not wasting my money. Now if they were an old pair that ripped and she wore them I probably wouldn't say anything. Her mother can buy them if she wants them that badly.

I doubt it. I'm not wasting my money. Now if they were an old pair that ripped and she wore them I probably wouldn't say anything. Her mother can buy them if she wants them that badly.
Okay! I guess she might conceivably say, Better to wear a new pair rather than an old pair because the new jeans look much nicer, the ripping simply being an added quality of fashion. (But it's probably a different way of thinking, which is fine...right? :) )

Okay! I guess she might conceivably say, Better to wear a new pair rather than an old pair because the new jeans look much nicer, the ripping simply being an added quality of fashion. (But it's probably a different way of thinking, which is fine...right? :) )
Yes it is fine.

This is how I dress at 51. Not all ripped jeans are that extreme. I have a few pairs like that as a matter of fact from WHBM.
Yes, a gentle rip or two can be stylish and not extreme at all, like you say.

The trick is have pairs that have had the the rips done carefully and appropriately, right?

I am old enough to remember when clothes got tears/rips in them you would throw it away. BUYING it in that condition has never made any sense to me.

Last edited:
I had a pair in the late 80’s, only because they were my favourite pair and the knees finally wore out.
Knees were always wore out on jeans back in the 80's. It's where the ripped and shredded jeans as a fashion started. We also started hanging our jeans up on the clothes line and shooting them with a shotgun. That's when the big jean companies started purposefully manufacturing them with all the holes in them.

I have a pair of Spanx distressed skinny jeans for a few years. It has a very subtle hole. They fit great, but I'm transitioning away from them. Feel I look silly even with a tiny hole.

Ripped jeans? Eh.

Bring back the hip hugger bell bottoms from the early 70s.

2A22EE23-52C0-4356-8572-98D4F6DD12B2.jpeg

052C2F04-1D14-4FB1-A5B2-FCEAABDFB153.jpeg

A17558BC-2410-4162-B298-8486C05FD787.jpeg

Wearing jeans to school?? My mother said it just wasn’t done in her day. Late 1930s thru the 1940s. Jeans (which were called dungarees) weren’t verboten, but most kids would have been extremely embarrassed if they “had to” wear them “out” anywhere. Jeans were strictly work clothes: cleaning out the basement, raking leaves, etc.

Many people were downright poor, but they really didn’t want to appear that way in public.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter