Who is planning for 2022?

I am over not having a Disney holiday on the books, and with DVC points burning a hole in my pocket I am throwing myself into planning a nice one week get away to California in late January 2022. I know it might all come crashing down, but I sure am having fun planning my days and reviewing my dining options. I have a six night stay in a Studio at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, and worse case I can just offer it up as a dedicated reservation for rental.
Anyone else having fun planning?
I'm just very jealous, we are in WA and there is no getting out!! 😭😭😭

Our family of 5 are all booked in for two weeks at WDW in Sep! Flight prices were horrendous but luckily I had enough Qantas points for it. The accommodation is our DVC points, Hard Rock Hotel for Universal and a credit from DVC Rental Store that expires in Oct so using that to check out Riviera as we 100% resale. I dont care about all the Disney changes, it's going to be epic!

Our family of 5 are all booked in for two weeks at WDW in Sep! Flight prices were horrendous but luckily I had enough Qantas points for it. The accommodation is our DVC points, Hard Rock Hotel for Universal and a credit from DVC Rental Store that expires in Oct so using that to check out Riviera as we 100% resale. I dont care about all the Disney changes, it's going to be epic!

How exciting!! Hope you’ll all have an amazing time! I’m not too fussed about the changes either, just super thrilled to be going back :dogdance:

I was torn between staying at Riviera and being closer to MK, though gotta leave something new to try for next time 😜

Also if anyone was interested in buying the UK Disney Magic tickets I’d recommend checking out Attraction Tickets, just got ours in the mail today and now it’s starting to feel real!
14 days for the price of 7 can’t be beat in my opinion, I purchased them last week at the Euro rate which was better than GBP so may be worth looking at the rates

How exciting!! Hope you’ll all have an amazing time! I’m not too fussed about the changes either, just super thrilled to be going back :dogdance:

I was torn between staying at Riviera and being closer to MK, though gotta leave something new to try for next time 😜

Also if anyone was interested in buying the UK Disney Magic tickets I’d recommend checking out Attraction Tickets, just got ours in the mail today and now it’s starting to feel real!
14 days for the price of 7 can’t be beat in my opinion, I purchased them last week at the Euro rate which was better than GBP so may be worth looking at the rates

Awesome, thank you! Our Disney accommodation will include BLT, RIV and AKV Club Level. Its our first DVC stay so super excited!

I've been looking at those tickets as well. I've never used a UK ticket before. Do u need to do anything special because u Australian?

Awesome, thank you! Our Disney accommodation will include BLT, RIV and AKV Club Level. Its our first DVC stay so super excited!

I've been looking at those tickets as well. I've never used a UK ticket before. Do u need to do anything special because u Australian?
Ahh that's going to be so fun! DH could only tolerate a 2 resort split stay hahah! I'm looking into resales but can't even decide which home resort to choose

And nope nothing special needed for the tickets, I've seen others on the Canadian forum who purchased these and haven't had any issues using them either, they just can't be purchased via the direct Disney UK site
Shipping took a week so all in all not bad!

Ahh that's going to be so fun! DH could only tolerate a 2 resort split stay hahah! I'm looking into resales but can't even decide which home resort to choose

And nope nothing special needed for the tickets, I've seen others on the Canadian forum who purchased these and haven't had any issues using them either, they just can't be purchased via the direct Disney UK site
Shipping took a week so all in all not bad!

Thanks for the tip! I may just buy them tonight.

We just chose the resorts we thought we needed 11 month windows for and wanted to stay at ,BLT and AKV.

Thanks for the tip. Those were the tickets I was hoping to buy, I just wasn't sure who to buy them through.

I really want everyone who goes to report back on what their trip was like. I'm just hearing so many negative things about the parks at the moment, that I am legitimately getting nervous about going back 🤦🏼‍♀️

I just bought them on Friday after @masterpabu's tip. Super easy, I already got the ticket numbers linked in MDE. There were just over 1000 tickets left showing on the site when I bought mine and right now there is only 550 left. So they seem pretty popular. Not sure how the ticket caps work and if they release any more later.

I really want everyone who goes to report back on what their trip was like. I'm just hearing so many negative things about the parks at the moment, that I am legitimately getting nervous about going back 🤦🏼‍♀️
Yep will definitely report back! Might try do live-ish updates while I’m there, even though touring plans is predicting high crowds for my dates I’ll keep hoping it won’t be too bad lol!

I’ve had some anxious moments about it too, and because we’re going before Epcot refurb is done and missing out on other new rides (for now), genie+, no magical express etc

Either way I keep myself excited that we get to go back so soon, it was either wait 3 months or wait a year, and of course I’m not that patient 😂
My plan is hope for the best (and magic), expect not the worst, just that things are a bit unideal and make the most out of it!

Planning a trip from WA to DL, if McGowan ever let’s ya out.

So my concern is yes us Aussies can buy our 10 day passes, but having to reserve days to go could be a bit sticky. Given you can only reserve park days 120 days out, and they can go quickly, I don’t want to buy 10 day tickets to only end up with 3 park days!

Planning a trip from WA to DL, if McGowan ever let’s ya out.

So my concern is yes us Aussies can buy our 10 day passes, but having to reserve days to go could be a bit sticky. Given you can only reserve park days 120 days out, and they can go quickly, I don’t want to buy 10 day tickets to only end up with 3 park days!

I just made a park reservation for 14 Sep, which is 296 days out. But that was for WDW, DL may be different.

Well it really does look like our plans for late January at Disneyland will happen, when I first posted here I think I really thought it was a long shot. So tickets now purchased (5 day hopper), park reservations made (no hassles only dates within the next 2 weeks had any limits on options). Tomorrow my 60 day dining reservations open, and I have my plans ready for booking Lamplight Lounge, Carnation Cafe and Oga's Cantina. It is very convenient that 3am Pacific time (when the dining opens) is 9pm Queensland time, much more civilized. Unfortunately no reservations are opening for either Carthay Circle Lounge or Trader Sam's, looks like both of these might be going back to no reservations in the new year. Last job on the to do list is to work out how the whole COVID testing works both here and in the US, but not letting that get me down.

Well it really does look like our plans for late January at Disneyland will happen, when I first posted here I think I really thought it was a long shot. So tickets now purchased (5 day hopper), park reservations made (no hassles only dates within the next 2 weeks had any limits on options). Tomorrow my 60 day dining reservations open, and I have my plans ready for booking Lamplight Lounge, Carnation Cafe and Oga's Cantina. It is very convenient that 3am Pacific time (when the dining opens) is 9pm Queensland time, much more civilized. Unfortunately no reservations are opening for either Carthay Circle Lounge or Trader Sam's, looks like both of these might be going back to no reservations in the new year. Last job on the to do list is to work out how the whole COVID testing works both here and in the US, but not letting that get me down.

How exciting aussiecookfamily - not long to go now!

Hoping you will report back on how the trip went and how the overseas travel went with COVID rules etc.

Wishing you and your family an amazing trip!

How exciting aussiecookfamily - not long to go now!

Hoping you will report back on how the trip went and how the overseas travel went with COVID rules etc.

Wishing you and your family an amazing trip!

Thanks for the well wishes. We managed to get all the dining reservations we wanted including Trader Sam's and Carthay Circle Lounge, so very happy about that. Still seems like a dream that we are heading in 3 weeks, and won't really believe it until I am sitting on the plane.

Still a little nervous about having to secure a COVID test result within 1 day of flying (USA requirement) - but hoping all the testing centers quiet down a little (but maybe I am delusional).

Will definitely do a trip report.

Thanks for the well wishes. We managed to get all the dining reservations we wanted including Trader Sam's and Carthay Circle Lounge, so very happy about that. Still seems like a dream that we are heading in 3 weeks, and won't really believe it until I am sitting on the plane.

Still a little nervous about having to secure a COVID test result within 1 day of flying (USA requirement) - but hoping all the testing centers quiet down a little (but maybe I am delusional).

I would love to go to Trader Sam's. I can definitely understand how it would feel dream like after two years with no overseas travel available.

Hopefully the change to close contacts and PCR testing requirements mean that the testing centres will be able to get the test results out much quicker again - fingers crossed!

Enjoy!

We spent Xmas week this year at Disneyland from Oz. It wasn't the test flying over that made us nervous, it was getting a negative to get back home. Our strategy was to eat outside at all times and up our mask use to N95. We tested negative and now we are home. I am convinced our improved masks and outside dining protected us.

We spent Xmas week this year at Disneyland from Oz. It wasn't the test flying over that made us nervous, it was getting a negative to get back home. Our strategy was to eat outside at all times and up our mask use to N95. We tested negative and now we are home. I am convinced our improved masks and outside dining protected us.
Thanks for you post, we have stocked up on our N95 masks (enough to cover the whole trip), and will also aim on outside dining. I assume it was easy enough to get a test in the US for your return?

Thanks for you post, we have stocked up on our N95 masks (enough to cover the whole trip), and will also aim on outside dining. I assume it was easy enough to get a test in the US for your return?

Yeh absolutely. We used Covid Test Courier that I booked in advance. They met us in the lobby of the Disneyland Hotel. Got the results by 7pm that evening.

There's no social distancing there and it's crowded as ever. So many people sneezing maskless. Several times we heard someone sneeze and say "let nature take its course". The different cultural attitudes were eye opening. N95 are essential. Glad you've stocked up.

You will also need to insist that you eat outside. Some CMs seem really perplexed by the request and several times we needed to push it. After our test though we ate inside at Carthay and Trader Sam's.

So jealous we re still locked in in WA.

Did you find your experience was still 'magical' or the mask wearing and fear of catching something spoiled it?
Also was travel insurance did you have?did it cover your medical and hotel expenses if you got covid overseas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter