Who here uses CM's SBC+ for digital scrapping?

OK decision time. If I do the SBC+ downloadable it comes with pre-done pages and a pallette. If I do the Click it 1 bundle I get the extra swirls and whatever. Do I really need the swirls? I guess I could be patient while it ships....

Any opinions if you have ordered it...

THANKS!!

Oh and I can just print one page or LO at a time right!? CM consultant says I have to print an entire book but she did admit she does not use the software.

You can do either way. You also don't have to create an album when you work. When you open a new project, just click on "12x12 pages" and choose your theme (or blank pages).

It's been a while since I've been on the boards, but I do remember that some time ago in this thread, someone knew of a way to create words around a picture, and the words would be filled in with the picture too. Hope that made sense. I went back and looked at the CM tutorials, but it wasn't on there. Anyone remember this, or am I making things up in my head? :confused3

I went home last night and figured it out! I knew I had seen it done. You just put the font letters right up on the picture box. Then flatten them together. Then right click the picture you want and choose 'fill designated space'. The picture is then fills in the font/word and the picture box. I'll try to post an example.

I downloaded labdogs templates, now how do I get them into SBC+?
Thanks!

Save them to the StoryBooks folder under your CM folder. Then, when you go into SBC+, you can either open a project and open my templates, or when you are in a project, go to add a page and choose to import a page from my template storybook. That's how I usually do it, so I keep the blank copies blank and don't accidentally over write them!

I read all 39 pages and have some cool pages I"d love to upload and share here. Am working on that!

Wow, you ladies have taught this consultant a ton!! I read all 39 pages and have some cool pages I"d love to upload and share here. Am working on that!

Cool! you can post those pages in this thread or in the digi-scrappers thread here. either way, let us know, so we make sure to check them out!

I'm having the worst time trying to figure out how to use templates. And trust me--I'm not creative enough on my own--I need templates!!

I'm OK with the CM ones that I can choose when I add a page, but I'd like some other options. I've downloaded a freebie, and can see the template, but can't figure out how to use the papers I'd like to "fill in" each element.

I've purchased some great kits for papers and embellishments (mostly by Britt), and I'm happy to purchase templates too, if that solves my problem.

I guess my bottom line question is...if I purchase templates, will I be able to use them just as I use the CM templates? Or can anyone offer any guidance on templates in general?

Thanks!

Jen

I want to say THANK YOU to everyone on this forum. I got serious about moving from traditional scrapbooking to digital just before Christmas. Being the research queen that I am, I found this forum and was able to get ALL of my questions answered and then some! I came away knowing and confident in the purchase I needed to make for this next step in my 20 year scrapbooking hobby (yep, since I was a kid with glue sticks and construction paper before acid free was ever a concern - no worries... all of those pages have been redone.) Anyway, a world of thanks. Half the messages didn't make much sense to me at the time but I could tell that once I got the software, I was in good hands and would have wonderful training from CM.

I will post my actual question in my next message. Stay tuned...

On the text ribbon, we can add text boxes (traditional true type) and Fancy Text (decorative artistic letters). The fancy texts listed are those which came with the software or with packs I have purchased from CM. I followed your wonderful instructions and loaded my own freebies... many of which came with fancy texts of their own. I realize I can load them as embellishments BUT I would MUCH rather load them as fancy texts because I could type my phrase and then the software displayed the fancy letters instead of me dragging and dropping each individual letter. Besides, I am an organized kind of gal - fancy text belongs with fancy text, not embellishments, right?

So, do any of you know of a way in all your experience and advanced training to do what I want to do? I can't find a post in this thread about it, short of putting the fancy text with embellishments.

Ideas? Possibility?

thanks!

To my knowledge there is no way to do what you want. I am with you and want all text on the text ribbon, but when i called CM they could not tell me how to do what you described. So if someone has a work around please share.

Okay, so there are lots of ways for us to organize all of our collected kits and papers. I am feeling a little overwhelmed by all I have downloaded and scanned at this point. And given I haven't played a WHOLE lot, I thought I would look to the gurus for suggestions.

1. Do you keep everything in a kit together so each kit has its own folder under My Art?
2. Do you put all your fancy fonts in one folder, papers in one folder, ribbons and dots in a folder, metal stuff in a folder, etc?
3. Do you sort by theme whenever possible (school, fall, Disney, Christmas, etc)? And if you do sort by theme, do you keep the embellishments with that theme or put all embellishments in a system like option 2?
4. Other organization ideas?

I am having a ball for sure! Back to the online training (rewatching the 3rd one and then get to watch the 4th one... I'm 6 months pregnant and hubby decided I should take it easy today... darn! ha ha)

I bought a program called ACDSee to organize my digital stash. I have WAY too mush stuff to load it all into SBC+. When I scrap, I open SBC+ and ACDSee. I can drag and drop papers, elements, etc. directly from ACDSee into SBC+. The only thing that this won't work with is if I want to use one of SBC+'s shapes and fill it with paper. Then the paper has to be loaded into SBC+. If I run into this situation, I just load that particular paper in and go from there.

The kits I do have loaded into SBC+ are ones I use a lot, like all of britt's kits, a few Ellie Lash, and some AWP kits. Like I said, I have WAY too many freebie and paid kits to load into SBC+

Oh yeah, I keep everything in the original folder that they came in, although sometimes I consolidate the papers and embellishments into one folder if there are too many sub folders for my taste. I have a designer folder if I have a lot of their stuff (e.g. Britt, Digitreats, EllieLash, AWP) If they don't have their own folder, most designers start all their kits with the same initials, so they stay together anyway. Make sense?

I have WAY too mush stuff to load it all into SBC+.

Like I said, I have WAY too many freebie and paid kits to load into SBC+

Ok, sooooo I am growing my dig files and kits WAYYYYYY faster than I thought. Right now they are all loaded to SBC+. Should I not load them all? It is running a bit slower now...is that the reason or is there a different reason?

I'm having the worst time trying to figure out how to use templates. And trust me--I'm not creative enough on my own--I need templates!!

I'm OK with the CM ones that I can choose when I add a page, but I'd like some other options. I've downloaded a freebie, and can see the template, but can't figure out how to use the papers I'd like to "fill in" each element.

I've purchased some great kits for papers and embellishments (mostly by Britt), and I'm happy to purchase templates too, if that solves my problem.

I guess my bottom line question is...if I purchase templates, will I be able to use them just as I use the CM templates? Or can anyone offer any guidance on templates in general?

Thanks!

Jen

You can use them if they have .png files, but they aren't as easy as the SBC+ templates.... You have to bring the .png files onto your page one by one. Then, you click on the .png you want to fill with paper, right click on the paper you want to use and click "Fill Selected Shape." Some designers don't include .pngs... But ScrapMatters is pretty good about putting them in...

I have a few more LOs I need to turn into templates.... I'll share them here when I do. :)

Feel free to ask if you have more questions...

Here's a tempalte: :)

Polar_Bears_-_Page_024.jpg

http://www.scrapmatters.com/gallery3/showphoto.php/photo/21607/ppuser/64

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.4shared.com/file/83518485/a454c5ea/Polar_Bears_TEMPLATE.html?dirPwdVerified=1623b0a1

Ok, sooooo I am growing my dig files and kits WAYYYYYY faster than I thought. Right now they are all loaded to SBC+. Should I not load them all? It is running a bit slower now...is that the reason or is there a different reason?

Besides for the above question, I have another question.

Once you save a page as a jpeg or after you print the page or make a storybook....do you erase the orginal page (or album) from SBC+.
I have 150 pages in my WDW album. I am thinking I should delete some to make the program run a little faster but I have no clue. I'm kinda scared to delete them.

What do you do?

oooh, Christy, I LOVE those templates! Thanks!

Besides for the above question, I have another question.

Once you save a page as a jpeg or after you print the page or make a storybook....do you erase the orginal page (or album) from SBC+.
I have 150 pages in my WDW album. I am thinking I should delete some to make the program run a little faster but I have no clue. I'm kinda scared to delete them.

What do you do?

hmmm...I haven't deleted any. I guess I could. The thought scares me. :scared: Maybe someone else can chime in on this one!

Ahh... a question that I can answer! Whoo hoo!

Under .../Creative Memories/StoryBooks (it depends on what directory you installed to) you will find the names of all of the projects or StoryBooks you created and show up in SBC+.

To pull it out of SBC+ but KEEP a copy of it on your hard drive (or external drive):

1. Create a folder called something like "StoryBook Archive" in your Documents folder.
2. Cut and Paste the project from the .../Creative Memories/StoryBooks directory to your new directory .../Documents/StoryBook Archive.

This will pull it out of SBC+'s list (and maybe free up processing memory?) but allow you to keep a copy. Should you ever want to reprint the book or work on it again, cut and paste the project back into your .../Creative Memories/StoryBook folder.

It is that easy... I have done this over and over already just getting familiar with the software and file structure.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter