Who gets first dibs on the cabanas?

Concierge can make requests at 125 days to shoreside and essentially gets the first shot at the cabanas. At 120 days, platinum can try to book any cabanas not taken by concierge, and so on. There is always the chance that somebody may cancel their cabana and, by stalking the DCL site, it may be possible to get a cabana closer to the sailing date.

I wish they’d just remove the options of cabanas from the activity list since it’s not an ‘available option’ to anyone but concierge..

I wish they’d just remove the options of cabanas from the activity list since it’s not an ‘available option’ to anyone but concierge..
Well, they are available to non-concierge if you get very lucky- you know, like the kind of luck that lottery winners have. And if you're all 18 & up, the Serenity Bay cabanas have more availability. I'm gold & have seen those available before.

But yeah, for a Family Beach Cabana, even concierge cruisers stress about their availability and can't always get one, so if you're not concierge you just have to cross your fingers & hope someone happens to drop one the moment you log-on to check the website...

I'm platinum and have never seen a Cabana available on either beach... someday... :)

What's a cabana? :)
Pretty much a unicorn unless sailing in concierge. 🦄

It’s a small private hut on a private beach with some amenities. Very expensive and hard to get. It’s lovely to have one but I’m o way is necessary to have a wonderful day on Castaway Cay.

The Magic and Wonder sometimes sail to Castaway Cay and are smaller ship.
Smaller ships = less people = people = more chances of getting a cabana.

I can't speak for the family beach but on Serenity, I got a Cabana when sailing on a classic ship. I was only silver.

We lucked out on our second cruise (first cruise as silver) and managed to snag a cabana on the family beach. I was just at the right place at the right time.
My wife and I were able to get a cabana on the adult beach by stalking the cruise site and finding one that someone else must have cancelled. We have traveled in concierge only once, and was able to book 2 cabanas on the family beach for our group of 15. Unfortunately, we ended up not being able to use those 2 when the ship was unable to dock at CC

Not so much more chance anymore, as the Magic and Wonder have expanded their number of concierge staterooms.

The Wonder has more Concierge rooms than the Dream and Fantasy - 44 vs 41.

The year that we got one, we were gold. I just kept checking and calling and about a month before our cruise, one opened up on the website! I booked it and then called to make sure it was real LOL. It was well worth it because that day was dreary and cold and we so enjoyed lounging on the deck of the cabana and having our lunch there.

not true. As platinum I was able to book it many of times. Never did but was available if I wanted.

Just stalk the Disney cruise site every day. I stalked the site for about three weeks and finally got one on the adult beach (which is what I wanted). I saw a couple family beach cabanas become available in those three weeks but they were taken within a couple hours.

It's been years since I've seen any cabanas available when the Platinum booking window opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter