Who feels like a threadkiller - Take 4!

Hiya Threadkillers!

Everyone is eating yummy food and having really nice get-togethers....I'm glad!

TW - I like your attitude - keep moving forward. I hope all goes smoothly for your sister's grandbaby as well.

DH and I are off to visit a friend in the hospital. He had what we thought was minor cancer in his lungs and it's spread to his bones and his brain. Unfortunately, he was out and fell, they took him to the hospital and he looks like he's had a stroke....his left side is affected.

Tom is very sad today, they are good friends. The family's arrival is scattered between today and tomorrow, so I'll make a casserole (gobbler cobbler & salad) for them for tomorrow's dinner.

Oh! On a funny note! I was cantoring mass yesterday (voice is better) and in the middle of a song (for those of you Catholic - the Lamb of God) the mike FELL OUT OF THE STAND! Crash, Bam, Boom! It hit the floor like a well mic'd ton of bricks! :lmao:

What could I do, but get down on my knees, fish the mike up and keep singing! When you cantor on Saturday you are the ONLY singer! Fortunately, we had someone else there as a back-up incase my voice wasn't up to par, so she kept singing! But with only two people and her voice is soft, soft, SOFT! You could really tell. :rotfl2:

After mass a friend of mine walked up to me and asked, "Drop something?"

Ya'll take care and I hope you enjoy your Sunday!

I can see why TOm is shaken up! Will say a prayer for his friend! YOu sure do know how to keep Mass interesting.;)

Ann, lots of :hug::hug::hug::hug:'s going out to you and to Tom both.

Make sure you give him a big hug from me. :guilty:

Life is totally unfair sometimes, isn't it?

:hug: to Tom & Ann

Prayers for his friend!

I did my Disboard Civic Duty and notified a few of our regulars that they keep posting to the old board. I have pointed them in the right direction.:snooty:

Dont want to mention anyone by name...BUT I think they are all confused because they are on CHICAGO TIME.

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

:cool1:

Verrrrrry bizze day today...dad with eye dr, james dentist & drive him home...come back...go to work very bizze night...never ends!:headache:
bout 300 miles of driving.

Took James to see the new Xmen Movie last night!:headache:

Pretty much had my fill of "Tormented Super Heroes" who are surrounded by Special Effects movies.

Pretty much had my fill of "Tormented Super Heroes" who are surrounded by Special Effects movies.

Now THAT'S funny!

You should have seen Star Trek - it was awesome (I admit, I'm a nerd). They had some tormented VULCANS surrounded by special effects!

CHICAGO TIME[/B].

I'm not on Chicago time and I still post over there :snooty:

:rotfl2: I figure as long as they leave it open I'm gonna ride that thread to the bitter end :dance3:

Good luck with your busy day DU. So far I have nothing planned but there is a ton of stuff that needs to be done. I just have to pick something and do it :rolleyes:

Good morning Ann. Have a great day:wizard:

I wanted to go see Star Trek, I have been outvoted so ST has to wait cause Terminator is on deck~no matter what hubby says and whether he goes or not, I am going to see UP!

:grouphug:

Thanks UNC for the info. They closed it.:sad1:

I was alittle busy....................:surfweb:

BOOKING OUR NEXT TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl:

Persistence paid off. :cool1:

Staying at Coronado Springs. Got it for $109 a night room only and with our travel vouchers paid $200 for 4 round trip airfare:woohoo:. Renewed our Annual Passes(that's what killed us, but will use it in Sept too:thumbsup2) and looking at adding the quick serveice dining plan.:yay:

So I'll be :surfweb: for the next few days planing.:rotfl:

I wanted to go see Star Trek, I have been outvoted so ST has to wait cause Terminator is on deck~no matter what hubby says and whether he goes or not, I am going to see UP!

Saw Star Trek Sunday, and coming from a person who REALLY DISLIKED the original series, I liked it. I was more into TNG series, so I knew alot of the background stuff. Even my wife thought it was alright and she hates that stuff. I can actually say I can't wait for the next one, that movie moves from begining to end.

Saw Star Trek Sunday, and coming from a person who REALLY DISLIKED the original series, I liked it. I was more into TNG series, so I knew alot of the background stuff. Even my wife thought it was alright and she hates that stuff. I can actually say I can't wait for the next one, that movie moves from begining to end.

I LOVED TNG!

I have some good/bad news regarding our friend. It turns out the cancer didn't spread to his brain but he did have a stroke. Unfortunately, it appears to be pretty life altering for him. That being said, he still does have cancer in his lung and bones.

I hope everyone had a good day!

Rory, good job on booking your next trip:thumbsup2

Everybody in this house except for me went to see the Star Trek movie. I'm just not that into it:confused3

Ann, so sorry to hear about your friend:guilty:

Wellllllllll it happened again. Been off of work since Friday am....came in on Monday night...and again NUTIN was done or nuttin was done right. Flip it...called my Boss at home read him the riot act. Enough. I had to run around like a chicken with it's head off...for a Midnight startup.

I am :furious::furious::furious::furious: I told him if i ever walk in again and nothing was done (even though they all write up that it was done) I am walking out the door and going home.:headache:

Now THAT'S funny!

You should have seen Star Trek - it was awesome (I admit, I'm a nerd). They had some tormented VULCANS surrounded by special effects!

:goodvibes I wanted to see that or Devils & Demons. But James already saw Trek...and D&D wasnt sending him....So Xman was the w/e choice.

Never was much of a Sci Fi fan...But I really want to see this Start Trek. I only saw "trouble with tribbles" on the TV show...and I THINK I saw Wrath of Khan...not too sure about that!:confused3

:sad1:

Allllllllllllllllllllll Makie talks about is 'UP'...really non stop. They must play the commercial alot. She want to fly in a ballon too.:lmao::lmao:

Its a dirty job keeping everyone in tow (...THIS MEANS YOU TOO CRUSIN) but someone gotta!:santa:

SOOOOOOOOO are you da fadda of a Movie Star or what?
When are you goinfg to WDW?

I have some good/bad news regarding our friend. It turns out the cancer didn't spread to his brain but he did have a stroke. Unfortunately, it appears to be pretty life altering for him. That being said, he still does have cancer in his lung and bones.
:sad2::sad2::sad2:

I did my Disboard Civic Duty and notified a few of our regulars that they keep posting to the old board. I have pointed them in the right direction.:snooty:

Dont want to mention anyone by name...BUT I think they are all confused because they are on CHICAGO TIME.
HEY! I explained myself! ;) Rory & Dorene need the link! :rolleyes1

I was alittle busy....................:surfweb:

BOOKING OUR NEXT TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl:

Persistence paid off. :cool1:

Staying at Coronado Springs. Got it for $109 a night room only and with our travel vouchers paid $200 for 4 round trip airfare:woohoo:. Renewed our Annual Passes(that's what killed us, but will use it in Sept too:thumbsup2) and looking at adding the quick serveice dining plan.:yay:

So I'll be :surfweb: for the next few days planing.:rotfl:
STILL HATE YOU!!! :goodvibes

:rotfl2: I figure as long as they leave it open I'm gonna ride that thread to the bitter end :dance3:
They killed it Robin! :rolleyes1

Quoting thread 3: Kim you will have fun cause lets face it any vacation when you don't have to be at work or cooking, cleaning or anything else is a good time!
Thanks Dorene, but cooking, cleaning and attending to a wheel-chair bound SIL is PART of the plan! She's great tho, and Very hearty and resilient! The fact that she's GOING with us to Glacier, is unbelievable!

QUOTE: Thanks for the explanation Kim.

Yes, Montana might be boring to you but I can see why you want to go there.

I'm sure that you will have a great time.

I hope that views make up for those heights and drops that you are afraid of

How long is the trip. I'm guessing that you are driving

Too bad about those airfares for Rory.

They change so often some times that you don't even get 5 minutes to make up your mind whether you want to go or not

Luv ya Robin! Yes, the views are awesome, IF you can reach those heights, which I CAN, but I have to retreat ASAP!! LOL

We are flying actually, to Denver, than Great Falls, MT. Apparently NO ONE flies direct to Great Falls, and from there it's a 2 hour drive, I think? :confused3 I've loooked it up, mapquested, etc. I just haven't committed it to memory yet. It's not WDW, afterall!! ;)

Rory??? I guess he fixed that PROBLEM!! :headache: Luv him and hate him! ;)

This from the REAL KID on this block! ;) ( I think Rory is the real youngest here?):confused3

Star Trek, the series, was the Star Wars of OUR time, not yours, Rory! I'm glad you liked the movie! Is THAT what you did when your kids were with Gramma and Papa and me at Kelly's game?? :confused3 :thumbsup2

Ann & Tom, :hug:

My life, even at 3:30 am, is still crazy. Kelly continues to be BUSY! :headache:

Monday night was a private skating lesson, followed with personal, at-home review, since her instructor lives across the street ;), Tues is softball practice, Wed is Girl Scouts (GS) practice for their end-of-year program. Thurs she has a game, and Fri is the GS program. Sat there is a farewell DIS meet for a local here (Bunchkin), and I'm trying to get another private lesson in for Kelly that day. Sunday she has practice, again.

I can't even LOOK at next week! All days have something!

AND, Matt graduates next Friday the 29th!! :cool1:

We are BOOKED until 6/2!!

Why am I NOT sleeping?!?! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter