Who else is waiting until WDW is “back to normal”?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also waiting for more normal. No mask, shows, FPs are a must for us.
I am optimistic for Fall 2021. The FACTS shows that the vaccine is working. Some states are already allowing gatherings of vaccinated individuals. Cruises are going to return for vaccinated. We are on pace in the US for 75% vaccinated in August. And, we are continuing to increase the rate of vaccination above 2 million per day.
Do you think WDW may required proof of vaccination for entry, at some point?

I don’t think there is any possible way that 75% of the US population will be vaccinated by August.

Something like 24% of the population is under 18. I cannot find data on the % under 16.

But doing some very rough math, you’d have to have what, 97% of the eligible population vaccinated in order for 75% of the total population to be vaccinated? There is literally a 0% chance of that happening, ever.

I think there’s going to have to be a vaccine available for kids under 16 in order to reach herd immunity.

Just booked a stay for October of this year with every intention of canceling if fireworks and stage shows are still nixed by then. Taking my toddler and those are the main things I want him to experience. We're florida residents though so need to worry about flights. Masks don't bother me but the absence of those two things will make the price tag too high to justify for our family.

Just returned from a week stay in Orlando. It was so sad/hard not to visit Disney! We had contemplated going for a day just to get our "Disney fix" but decided the reduced experiences/Spring break crowds/wait times didn't justify the cost for something we've done many times before.

We decided to visit other Orlando area attractions we hadn't yet and had a blast. But we are already planning a May/June or Oct trip for hopefully when fireworks/shows/m&g's come back.

We canceled our September 2020 trip and rescheduled for July of this year. I just rescheduled that trip for June of next year. I want to take my daughter to BBB and to meet characters with lots of pictures not wearing a face mask. To much uncertantly still riding on this year, so it's a no go once again. I'm pretty confident the next trip will happen.

I went to WDW at the beginning of March. I don't know what you consider normal. I have to say many were wearing masks but social distancing not so much. We had to turn around and address a guests who was at my back during a ride queue. I could hear exactly what they were having for lunch in detail. I would give WDW a wide berth during spring break. Plus the park seems crowded like it was before COVID

I was there in Feb 2020. I am so thankful I snuck a trip in under the wire. All Covid aside, I found it too crowded. I've been going since WDW opened. The addition of so many "tower" style resorts with next to no Disney theming, brings so many more people into already over crowded parks. Thee were so many construction walls, something that has become business as usual. I love Disney, it's my happiest place, but the long wait times, the crowds, the lack of Disney feeling? After 10 trips, we may be choosing somewhere new. And it will break our hearts, there's nowhere like Disneyworld.

I don’t think there is any possible way that 75% of the US population will be vaccinated by August.

Probably right. 300,000,000 people x two doses = 600,000,000 doses (assumes Pfiser or J&J and booster). Even at two million doses a day it would take almost a year to get everyone in the United States fully vaccinated.

I was there in February and REALLY felt the decline in experiences. The Shortened hours were tough. I couldn’t go to my hotel for an afternoon break and return to the parks in the evening save for a weekend to which it was so crowded and no fast pass , I could only get on 1 ride before closing. Also the limited dining and even shorter dining hours. we like to eat dinner at 8 - 10 pm, the latest we could do a sit down in a themepark was 6:30, otherwise it was to Disney springs each night. 100s of others had no choice either so Disney springs often hit near capacity every evening.
Fastpass, fireworks/shows and extended hours need to return before I go back. I have a June reservation but will cancel if nothing changes.

I won't be returning until things have calmed down. I am here now and it is very restricted. I just hope it does go back to normal although I have my doubts.

We won't be returning until things are far more normal. We're in CA and a trip to WDW is really expensive for us. We don't really want to go with masks in that FL humidity, especially in summer, which is when we usually go. We are hoping for Feb or June 2022.

I am kind of a cheater, though, because I fully intend to go to Disneyland at least once, and possibly twice, this summer. That I will do in a mask and with all the restrictions because it's a far less expensive trip since it's a 7 hour drive away and will just be a day or 2 in the parks. I just got my second COVID vaccine shot on Friday, so I am feeling much more ready to go.

My son and I were lucky to take our trip in June of 2019. We were quite thankful we got that trip in. We aren't scheduled to go back till spring of 2022 or summer of 2022. I'm hoping that Disney is maskless or masks optional by then. I go for the character greets now, so for me, a trip now would be pointless. My son and I took over 300+ photos on Memory Maker on our 2019 trip. Probably close to 100 with my phone camera. I enjoy the rides, but for me, since I'm getting older, I need and enjoy the character greets for "down time". I have no problem wearing a mask. But I need the option to pull it down here and again because of my asthma. I always give people a head's up who don't know me when I do pull it down. I'm partially vaccinated now, so I don't feel I need to justify as much. I get my second does on April 1st. Anyway, I'm hoping that enough people get their vaccine and Disney can feel comfortable enough to bring back some of those things they took away because of Covid.

Honestly, we are waiting. I sometimes struggle to wear a mask at work (due to medical condition) in the a/c, so I don't see how it would be do-able in the heat outdoors at WDW.
Having said that, I 100% support their mask policy. I will simply wait until things get back to normal before returning.

Also, we don't go as often as we would like, so we want the full experience.

We have a June trip planned that I’m honestly starting to dread. I keep watching the park tour videos for the last two weeks and it just doesn’t look fun right now...and we go annually (we were there on reopening week). Masks don’t bother me, but I think the attendance cap is too high for what they’re offering right now. Hopefully, it’ll change the closer we get to June, but I would never recommend a first time trip right now. Wait...

Just to add some perspective after having gone in December - we enjoyed the trip and were able to handle masks all day because the weather was cool enough not to be uncomfortable. It was of course "Disney lite". We were surprisingly disappointed most in the meals during that trip. While QS was fine, our TS meals were not good. Servers were wonderful, but the food options were very limited, and the quality was not as good as in the past. As I said, we did enjoy the trip because parks were decorated for holidays, and we were able to do rides with reasonable wait times for the most part (considering it was December and there was no FP+), but we really missed the entertainment shows, fireworks, parades, etc. After discussing, we decided to cancel our March trip because we had lost our usual enthusiasm. We are AP holders and do have trips planned for Oct and Dec this year, which we intend to keep even if all restrictions and limitations still apply, mainly because we need to use the APs before expiration. Disney was still fun for us, just not the WOW kind of fun we usually have. I hope more things start to return to normal at Disney as COVID hopefully declines with vaccinations and crowd levels increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter