Who could replace Alex Trebek?

There might be some radio people around who could do it well. They are used to talking for hours.

I too remember Art Fleming and always thought he was very good and was sorry he wasn’t part of the newer version.

I wish I could remember how Alex was at the very beginning of taking over. I have seen him on reruns of other game shows decades old, and he was not as smooth back then. So it might take someone a little while to grow into the role.

Chuck Woolery (used to host Love Connection several years ago)
Donny Osmond
Cameron Mathison (used to be a soap star on All My Children- now hosts the Home Show on the Hallmark channel)

Someone up-thread said Meredith Viera which I think is a good choice, or even Ann Curry. Someone smart, politically correct, and one that people are indifferent towards. Having a woman or a younger host might draw in a different crowd as well.

Will be very hard to see him retire. I don't watch the show often, but there is something about Alex. He is so kind, smart, dignified and full of grace. They don't make them like that anymore.

In reading this thread, the ones I like are Mayim Bialik or Ann Curry. I think they would be wonderful.

No idea who it could be. But I know who it won’t be, it won’t be a white straight male.

No idea who it could be. But I know who it won’t be, it won’t be a white straight male.
Interesting pov. Of the three personalities Trebek would choose, two are heterosexual men. But now that you mention it, Pete Buttegieg would make a great host.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter