White Trash?

Kae

DIS Veteran
those those who make white trash how long does it stay fresh? I have to make about 5 batches to put in tins for work. I was thinking about doing it this week end do you think it would stay ok until christmas?

Thanks Kae

I don't make it, but I want to know what the heck it is. Never heard of it?

It is White candy coating or call Bark, Rice & Corn Chex, m&m's, peanuts & prezels, cheerios. My recipe is at work. I will post it tomorrow.

It is a great mix of Sweet & Salty.

Kae

mmmm, sounds good. I'll be on the lookout for the recipe.
Thanks

Ok I found it!!

White Trash

1# Almond Bark-White
3 cups each Rice Chex, Corn Chex, Cheerios
2 cups each Dry roasted Peanuts & Pretzels
1 12 oz package M & M's I use the Christmas ones

Mix the dry stuff in a big bowl-I use my really big tupperware one

In the Mircowave melt the White bark-do not get any water near it or it will harden- I add about a Tablespoon of Crisco it helps make it smooth. Watch it so it does not burn. I also break the bark up before I put it in the Mircowave. I do this in 30 to 1 min at a time.

Pour over the dry stuff. I spray my hands pam, again make sure your hand are dry. And I use a rubber spoon. Mix it up. Spread out on wax paper let dry break the big stuff in to smaller clumps.

That's it. I great mix of sweet & salty.

Kae

OK I know, OT but......this was the best laugh I had all day.....
thought you might be talking about me or my family :rotfl2:

MImom said:
OK I know, OT but......this was the best laugh I had all day.....
thought you might be talking about me or my family :rotfl2:

LOL....i was thinking a Jerry Springer episode!!

looking forward to making this....maybe for work tomorrow...

me too....I was like oh no not a nasty thread....not here on the CCS board...... :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Have had this yummy stuff before but never heard it called white trash.... :rotfl2:

NOW that I have read the thread, I have to try this for Christmas this year.

Judy

I think it must be a Southern thing, 'cause I knew exactly what it was when I saw the thread title. In fact, my mom just asked me yesterday for the recipe for this stuff, as we made some last Christmas and it was just soooo good! Sometimes it's hard to find the almond bark though, it seems the stores sell out of it quickly. I saw it at Dollar General today for $1.50 a pkg.

I am southern and had never heard about it: sounds yummy!

I also was laughing at the title and was wondering who the offender was. :rolleyes1

sweet maxine said:
Sometimes it's hard to find the almond bark though, it seems the stores sell out of it quickly. I saw it at Dollar General today for $1.50 a pkg.
I make this every year and it's eaten so fast that I'm not sure how long it would keep. I have been using the while chocolate chips instead of almond bark. I usually get them at WalMart grocery.

Can I just use white chocolate melts (I make candy with them) and Sam's had a chex mix with pretzels and melba toast. Do you think that will work as well?

Hi :wave2: How much bark do yous use? The Dec/Jan of Family Fun, they have Mint Bark to make. How would that taste?

I love these boards - they throw up questions I'd never dreamed of :rotfl:

What is bark?

MazdaUK, "bark" is another name for lg. squares of melting chocolate or vanilla. It comes in a 20 oz. package that is divided into about 12 squares. They are easily broken off from the whole, and can be melted in a bowl in the microwave for dipping. It might be called other things elsewhere, but all I've seen around here is the almond "bark".

DisneyOntario, the mint mix sounds interesting. I think it sounds good as long as you use something with a chocolate flavor in the mix it's covering. I'll have to find my Family Fun issue to see what's in the recipe. I think what makes the flavor so good to me is the mix of saltiness from the nuts and pretzels along with the sweetness of the dipping bark. I know I've found strawberry bark in the store here. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks interesting.

faireygod mother said:
Can I just use white chocolate melts (I make candy with them) and Sam's had a chex mix with pretzels and melba toast. Do you think that will work as well?

Does anyone know? I wanted to make this tonight

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter