Whispering Canyon or Ohana?

Ohana. I'm a meat girl. The food was better, the Poly rocks, and WC gets on my nerves!

I would get an early dinner ADR. There's alot who eat there!

We've not done Ohana (on the list for next trip), but after our meal at WCC in September we won't be going back (Flame Tree Barbecue was MUCH better food wise).

*I should have been specific. We will try Ohana for dinner (not breakfast--don't like Stitch) and we had dinner at the WCC.

Which meal are you asking about? Ohana is a character breakfast, WCC isn't but there are PLENTY of "characters" there (the CMs really play it up and make it fun). I would recommend WCC for breakfast -- the stick-pony rides, flying straws, ketchup deliveries, bird-call lessons and general shenanigans are a super way to wake up. Plus, the food is nice. I've never had the family style platters, but it looks like a good deal for the money. I would definitely save Ohana for dinner. The food is good and the service style unique. They also have some fun things for kids of all ages to do -- coconut races, eukele music and singing, couples dances, etc. The big show at Ohana though is the MK fireworks. If you time it right and have a window table, it's perfect. If not, time it so you're finished before the fireworks, then walk down to the Poly beach for a great view from the lounge chairs. They even pipe in the fireworks show audio on the beach.

Ohana...our experience at Whisp was Good Food, mediocre service and limited/no interaction, disappointing actually.
We make a point of Ohana now, YUMMY and FUN ...by the way, Kona is YUMMY and also at POLY!

Hands down...Ohana's! We've ate at Ohana's many times and loved it, and WC only once and it wasn't to good.

We Just ate dinner at both and hands down I would choose Ohanas!!!! It was great!! I wish I was there now...YUMMY!!

We love Ohana brkfst & dinner. Ohana dinner is better than WCC. The food is better - a nice selection of appetizers & good smoked meats served right off the skewers. Also, we really enjoy the atmosphere of Ohana with the polynesian theming. We haven't had a problem with WCC - the food is fine, but overall we can leave it or take it.

Just got back and we ate at both. O'hana was our favorite meal of the entire trip!! Food was the better than ever, service and atmosphere were amazing!! WCC was also good, but it really can't compare to O'hana!!:thumbsup2

My family has done both for dinner and while the dessert at ohana was above and beyond the atmosphere at wcc puts if over the top. I thought the meat at ohana was rather dry and bland. The family platter at wcc was great for out family. Ohana breakfast is out favorite but we have not been to wcc in the morning.

I think Ohana would be my choice. Atmosphere and food are just more our speed.

I have to agree O'hana. We just returned and we ate at both restarants and O'hana was our favorite. It's a must-do for us every trip.:thumbsup2

We had dinner at Ohanas last month and loved it! We ate at WCC last year and didn't really enjoy it - food was quite poor quality and we were traumatised that we may have to get involved in th "fun" games going on!!!!!

We always have a wonderful time at Ohana... you will not have a bad second there...the service and food is fantastic!!

What foes on at Ohanas? I was put of the dea of the whispering Canyon as im shy, and would get embaressed by the "entertainment"

Were a party of 4 adults. What can we expect at Ohanas?

We love Ohana. It is the one 'must do' for our family. Our next trip we are only having breakfast there. I wanted to do both but we are making an attempt to try several new places.

What foes on at Ohanas? I was put of the dea of the whispering Canyon as im shy, and would get embaressed by the "entertainment"

Were a party of 4 adults. What can we expect at Ohanas?

At Ohana there is live entertainment, and there are opportunities to participate if you choose to. For example, last time we were there the singer invited people up to hula, but no one was forced into it or singled out. I tried it because there was a large group, so I knew I wouldn't feel like I was the center of attention. There are games for kids as well, and my son chose not to participate. It was fun and I'm glad we tried it. :)

WCC for breakfast. DS loves it there. The kids don't have to be so quite because the adults are rowdier than them. He has a great time with other kids with the lincoln logs before we're call to eat. ( has them at home and never plays with them).

Ohana's has a nice atmosphere for dinner. We love the Hawaiian music. The scalloped potatoes, salad and dessert are the best parts of the meal. I thought the meats were tough and dry (although they look great).

Try the Kona Cafe for any meal and you won't be disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter