Whispering Canyon Cafe???

OH YEA, ya gotta go. Great food, great fun. The big drinks are really funny, if you keep asking for a refil they bring you one out. Our DS kept asking for more coke and our waitress came out with a big ol' mason jar and slammed it on the table and said "Here ya go, you seem to be thirsty!" haha.

Be sure to ask for ketchup. :sunny:

slenderella said:
Thanks to this post I made an adr for the WCC on Sept 9th. I think my 12yo DD and my 7yo DD will just love the antics. Hope we get a waiter/waitress that gets involved. :cool1: :cool1:

they all seem to get involved, but even if not, everyone gets involved at some points. You will see... :lmao:

hint...ya better brush up on the hokie pokie or whatever else strikes thier fancy... :goodvibes

I have heard so many great "antics" about this restaurant that we are giving it our first try this coming september- I can't wait. My husband will fit in real well because he is a joker as well.

We love the WC. On one trip my DH and I went back each night just for dessert!
I found this picture of my son with the drink they gave him.
SSMemberCruise2005018.jpg

DisneyVetMom- We ate at WCC last summer ('05) for breakfast, and there were some antics- you should have seen my DD's face when she asked for more crayons, and the waitress yelled for anyone who had extra crayons to "bring some to Pippi Longstocking"! (She wears long braids) Kids from all over the restaurant brought them over to our table and gave them to her- she loved it!
She also loved the pony race- we had to ask, but the waitress was so nice, she let eveyone know that "Pippi" wanted to ride a pony, and got all the kids up front with her for a stick-horse race. But I do think it depends on the waitstaff of the day. Even if your server isn't too "wild", it's fun to watch what happens to other people! The AYCE breakfast is great, too! Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, homefries, little pinecone waffles, biscuits and gravy. Plus the Lodge and grounds are just gorgeous! Hope you have a great time!

We ate there for dinner back in 1998! It was awful, but we were there later in the evening and the place was wild. We are going to give it one more try for lunch in a week! :sunny:

We love WCC. The 1st time we when 12 years ago, we had them bring more food. We didn't realize how hungry we were - it's tough walking around MK all day :thumbsup2 I love the food - anything BBQ. You will love it and WL is so beautiful.

Roo2 - Awesome thanks for answering my question. We are taking my husbnads kids and out 10 month old, so the entertainment will be fun to watch, we are going for a late breakfast 10:40, I am not going to tell the kids what the place is like and I will encourage them to ask for more crayons!! :rotfl2: That will be funny!!!

THANKS! I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :woohoo: party: :jumping3: :simba: :goofy: :tigger: :mickeyjum :donald:

We have not been to WCC yet... but we have it scheduled for our upcoming trip! 3 weeks to go! Cant wait!
After reading the reviews on here, it sounded like a great place to go! Even if the food is not out of this world... it cant be gross so I know we will enjoy it!
Does anyone know if headalettuce still works there?
The only way we were able to fit it in our schedule was to go for lunch, so I hope it is wild and crazy! My kids have no clue about the crazy antics and I think they will be shocked at first, then have a ball!

We did 50's PT last trip, and our waitress was not really very into it... so I was pretty dissappointed. Hoping for a different outcome this time around!

Do they still have the huge fork if you drop yours?
just thinking of it makes me laugh and i really cant wait!

DisneyVetMom- have a great time! Just be careful- our waitress caught a woman trying to get her child to take one of our twenty+ bottles of ketchup without asking, and made the Mom ride a pony around the room and shout "I am a bad mother! I will never ask my child to steal ketchup again!". Remember- things seem to have quieted down since last summer, so you may not see much in the way of antics. What day are you going? We have a 10:40 am ressie at WCC for Aug. 27th- this was my daughters "must do" request! She said the breakfast skillet was her favorite meal of the trip! So if you are there on the 27th, and see a 10-year old girl with long blond braids, be sure to say "Hi Pippi!" Oh, and bring her some crayons while you're at it! ;)

We are going to be there on the 20th!
i really hope the kids ask for more crayons or something crazy like that!

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

WCC used to be one of my top 3 favorites. But, I really think that the last year or two that they've been going downhill. Not as fun and food has been a little dry a couple times.

I still go, but it isn't what it used to be, IMHO.

Cool-Beans said:
WCC used to be one of my top 3 favorites. But, I really think that the last year or two that they've been going downhill. Not as fun and food has been a little dry a couple times.

I still go, but it isn't what it used to be, IMHO.

This is exactly my opinion about it. We were very disappointed after our dinner there in July and have decided it will not be on our list of places to return to when we go next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter