Which TS restaurants have you scratched off your list and why?

This seems to be a theme. I've taken 50's Prime Time off my list. Went for lunch last May and we waited over an hour for a table for 2. I could understand if we had a large group, but 2?? Then we were stuck in a little alcove and basically pretty much ignored.

WDW needs to do a better job of ADR's because there's too many accounts of waiting an hour plus for a table. To me, that's not an ADR. I'm not asking to be seated the minute I arrive, but anything over 30 minutes is just too long.
We have waited 30 min. for Prime Time and that is about my limit then I am outta there. I just wished that HS had better CS places. It's a struggle at that park. If we do a TS meal it is usually at PT but we have eaten at Sci Fi and Mama's too.

OH no way!!! I would never wait two hours. YIKES!!!

I know, i felt really stupid for waiting that long . Every time we thought about leaving, we thought they were about to seat us. We had two young kids with us and we were focused on trying to keep them calm which of course wasn't working very well. By the time we finally did get seated, they were beyond despair. The meal was just as miserable as the wait because the kids were just done. We regreted that we did not stand up for ourselves. I am not exaggerating- it really was a 2 hour wait beyond our reservation time.

LeCellier is off the list at its current prices. I wouldn't even eat there on the Deluxe plan. The food tastes good there, but the service and atmosphere are far below most other 2 credit restaurants.

Beyond that, there are no Disney restaurants that I am ruling out.

When scratching off a place that's open for breakfast as well as lunch/dinner, keep in mind that the experience for one may not be the same as the other. I went to Chef Mickey's once for breakfast and it was fine. I preferred the breakfast options at the Wave, but the ambiance and characters were a fair trade. I doubt I would ever try it for dinner based on what others have said. I did Crystal Palace for dinner and I found the food terrible. However, it might be better for breakfast, but I have no idea. Ohanna is a love or hate kind of place for dinner. However, I don't recall many complaints for breakfast. (It's a character breakfast and I don't think I'd care for the family-style service vs. a single portion menu or buffet.) The Wave of American Flavors was pretty good for dinner, but the breakfast buffet can't be beat.

Ohana...we didn't care for the food or the atmosphere.

Chef Mickey's...tried it. It was ok. No need to go back. Very chaotic.

Crystal Palace & CRT...does not appeal to us. Too many other places we'd rather try.

Rainforest Cafe...too many other places we'd rather try.

V&A...out of our price range and comfort zone.

Tutto Italia. I've had two bad meals here now. Gave it another shot but the food still tasted like Chef Boyardee out of a can. Blech. :crazy2:

Marrakesh. Food so-so , indifferent waiter who instructed us to not forget his tip at the end of the meal.

Boma (sorry Boma fans but...) -over-priced, over-rated and really have to have a flexible palette unlike my dd :rotfl2:

Chef Mickeys
- over-priced and over-rated -lousy food- (and quite a BIG disappointment the last time we were there for dd's birthday)

Sanaa
-(sorry Sanaa fans but...) -lousy service and a lousy meal (almost disappointing)-we have no desire to return

Narcoossee
-overpriced for mediocre quality-sometimes better but too inconsistent to justify high cost

Portobello
-was once good but last visit was terrible, food was burnt after waiting what seemed like an eternity-sat at bar and the place was not busy at (now we know why) and the bartender was totally grumpy and just complained about everything. Will not go back especially with all of the other choices now available in Disney Springs.

Sci-Fi
- waited well over a 1/2 hr last time (with an ADR) @ 9:00 at night- must have been understaffed as it was not even 2/3 full and the food was lousy (many quick service places better) - we've been here before and the food was just mediocre, I think it got worse

Via Naopli- bad pizza very loud cavernous caferteria feel and rushed service

O'Hana- (dinner) astounded as to why people rave about this meal -none of us enjoyed the pile of appetizers thrown in one bowl or the dry chicken skewers. Only thing we liked was the bread pudding.

Absolutely not worth the money or the hassle to get a reservation here.

Why would you want all you can eat bad food?!

Prime Time- no sassy shtick just alot of tastless food

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter