Which tour?

mom2rtk

Invented the term "Characterpalooza"
We're usually on a short trip so no time for tours. We have more time in January so I'm thinking a tour might be fun. We've never done any in WDW. What would be a good first tour? It would probably be just me and my 19 year old daughter.

We're usually on a short trip so no time for tours. We have more time in January so I'm thinking a tour might be fun. We've never done any in WDW. What would be a good first tour? It would probably be just me and my 19 year old daughter.

That sounds fun...I've only done a couple so have limited experience, but I did "Marceline to Magic Kingdom" with my sisters and we loved it! It was a little over three hours, so I though it was a good length for a first tour. It also had a nice blend of both Walt and ride history, which your daughter might enjoy. I think my teens would. It was fun learning little details and history about things I've walked by so many times.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/marceline-to-magic-kingdom/
I did "Caring for Giants" in AK with my family and we all loved it. Obviously very different from the MK tour. Not as much walking...low key but so interesting and you really get a chance to watch and learn about the elephants. I think there is one for rhinos now too but I haven't done that one. Also a fairly short length but can't remember exactly.

I'm pretty sure both are eligible for some discounts, maybe Disney Visa and AP, but it's been a while so that could have changed...

That sounds fun...I've only done a couple so have limited experience, but I did "Marceline to Magic Kingdom" with my sisters and we loved it! It was a little over three hours, so I though it was a good length for a first tour. It also had a nice blend of both Walt and ride history, which your daughter might enjoy. I think my teens would. It was fun learning little details and history about things I've walked by so many times.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/marceline-to-magic-kingdom/
I did "Caring for Giants" in AK with my family and we all loved it. Obviously very different from the MK tour. Not as much walking...low key but so interesting and you really get a chance to watch and learn about the elephants. I think there is one for rhinos now too but I haven't done that one. Also a fairly short length but can't remember exactly.

I'm pretty sure both are eligible for some discounts, maybe Disney Visa and AP, but it's been a while so that could have changed...
Thanks! She did a National History Day project on Walt Disney, so "Marcilene to Magic Kingdom" sounds like something she might like.

Thanks! She did a National History Day project on Walt Disney, so "Marcilene to Magic Kingdom" sounds like something she might like.

She probably would then...I remember the guide talked about different details in the park/Main Street that related to Walt's hometown, plus you go on a couple of rides and learn history/details about them as well - it was great! At some point I will do it again with my DH and kids.

Marceline is a nice first tour. Short and inexpensive with some backstage views of Haunted Mansion!

Keys to the Kingdom is the quintessential Disney Magic Kingdom with the utilidors included, 5 hours of magic with a lot of backstage visiting and lunch included... 5 hours in length.

We loved the wild Africa trek (pricey but we thought well worth it) and also really enjoyed behind the seeds at the land pavilion (not pricey).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter