which resort

handi1

Earning My Ears
Can someone tell me which resort I should stay at ? I have a wife and 2 little ones age 1 and 5. I usually stay at Beach club in Disney. Is the hard rock hotel a bit loud for the little ones? Looking to go first week in May. The pool at Beach club is what we love, is there a sand bottom pool at any Universal resort?

Thanks in advance,

handi1

:D

The Hard Rock's theme is mostly in the memorabilia, not the music per se. The loudness was not even an issue for us.

I would try the Portofino if you like the classic elegance of the Beach Club. It has a beach pool that you will love!

I'm a real brat about loud music and the HRH didn't bother me at all. I won't even step foot in the restaurant because the music is too loud. The play area there looked really nice and they have a great slide. I haven't stayed at the others yet so I can't compare them - just give you my opinion on HR!

The Hard Rock Hotel was not loud at all and since you will be pushing a stroller it would be nice to be a 5-10 minute walk to the parks. Makes an afternoon trip back to the hotel even easier. There is the boat you could take if you wanted to, but I liked not having to fold a stroller up. At least I assume that it would have to be folded on the boat like on a bus at WDW.

We stayed at the HRH with our 3kids ages 1, 3 & 5 in November. It was not too loud at all. Our 2 older daughters absolutely loved everything about it. We had a kidsuite on the club level which was especially nice. Being able to walk to the parks was a big bonus. We rented a cabana one day and that too was lovely. They even provided us with a crib for the baby which was great. As I type all the pros about HRH I wonder if I have made the right decision in booking the PBH for our next trip? (LOL) Oh well change is a good thing! Whatever you decide, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

I have stayed at both Hard Rock and Portofino. Since your kids are small and it really wont matter to them, go with the theme that appeals to you most! You mentioned The Beach Club atmosphere and I agree with Robin, Portofino would be my choice:) Portofino has more pool options and more eating options as well. My first visit there my boys were 3 and 7 and it was a perfect trip....but then again they all are for us when staying at these gorgeous hotels! Good Luck in deciding:)

It's official I booked Portofino Bay for 8 days in the begining of May.
Thanks to all your advice !
:D

I just wanted to say you made the right choice. With kids that young they won't care where they are more than likely. They will love the beach pool and you and your wife will love the romance and sheen beauty that is Portifino.

Tammy,
It sounds nice but I have yet to hear anyone say the pool is better than storm a long bay at beach club. I can't wait ,
Thanks

Maybe when you get back you could report your thoughts on pools at both since you'll have experienced both that would be great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter