Which Park?

SoloDisFan

Mouseketeer
I just booked a solo trip for September. Yay, I'm so excited. Going for 4 nights. I arrive at MCO at 8:30 am on a Sunday so I'm planning to make it a park day.

Traditionally, I always spend day 1 in magic kingdom. However, I'm arriving on a Sunday and I feel like Epcot might be better in terms of crowd levels. Weekends at the parks are always busier.
Should I break tradition and do day 1 at Epcot? Or, stick with tradition and soak in the magic kingdom, busy or not?

Both parks are probably going to be crowded. Epcot gets those drinking around the world crowds especially on weekend. I would do Epcot over MK especially I was more concerned with hitting the F&W booths instead of the rides. With MK you get there a couple hours after opening so the lines would have built up by then. If you have park hoppers you could go to Epcot first and then hop over to MK in evening

Both parks are probably going to be crowded. Epcot gets those drinking around the world crowds especially on weekend. I would do Epcot over MK especially I was more concerned with hitting the F&W booths instead of the rides. With MK you get there a couple hours after opening so the lines would have built up by then. If you have park hoppers you could go to Epcot first and then hop over to MK in evening
I think this is a good idea. I can have a relaxing sit down meal and hit all the future world rides and maybe Frozen.

I would base the decision based on park hours, not crowd levels, considering that you wouldn't realistically arrive to the park till late morning or midday, I would select the park that is open the latest. I would imagine that most likely Epcot would be open the latest due to F&W, and hence I would say Epcot! :)

That's a difficult decision... Nothing beats starting your vacation at magic Kingdom. I always visit MK first. Personally I would splurge and get park hopper tickets. Visit MK to get that magical feeling and then maybe somewhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter