Which one would you drop?

ashleyr409

DIS Veteran
This is our first Disney Vacation. I have all these restaurants booked and I need to drop one. I am trying to stay under budget and food is the most for us. If you had to drop one of these restaurants, which one would you drop and why? All advice is appreciated.

Ohana-Breakfast and Dinner
Tusker House-Breakfast
Garden Grill-Lunch
Crystal Palace-Dinner
Sci-Fi- Lunch
Boathouse-Dinner.

TIA!!!

Last edited:

I'd drop Ohana, as my last two visits there were disappointing to me both in terms of service and food. (I've been there for dinner only, and don't know if they might be any better at breakfast. I didn't think they were even open for lunch).

If it were up to my family, recommendations would b to drop Ohana bfast or CP dinner. Character bfast are costly and take up a chunk of time from visiting parks when they seem to b less crowded. In addition, CP dinner just bc my kids weren’t crazy about it, super slow. They would choose The Plaza a million times over CP and much less expensive.

Our must do Character Bfast is PPO Garden Grill:).

Last edited:

I would drop Boathouse. Nothing special about it. I love Garden Grill. Sci Fi is super fun. Ohana breakfast isn’t bad. And Tusker House is good and great character interaction. Crystal Palace is ok but not a favorite

Ohana has really gone downhill the last couple of years and I don't recommend it anymore. We've cut way back on TS dining at WDW, but Tusker House is something we still gladly get a reservation for and pay for.

Question I assume you are with young kids or love character experiences? I would only do one character experience especially if you’re on the budget minded way. I would ditch Chrystal palace dinner. Slow. And the characters take forever to get around. My favorite is tuskar house for breakfast. And not a fan of O’Hana

If you have both a dinner and a breakfast reservation at Ohana- drop one. Last time we had dinner there was 2015 and we enjoyed it, and we’ve never had breakfast there.

How many days is your trip? Are you booking breakfast, lunch, and dinner on each of your days? If so, you may be able to replace a TS with a QS or even two QS and just plan one TS per day.

If it is your first trip- realize that table service meals will eat up a lot of time that could be spent in the parks or doing other things. They are also a lot of food. We usually plan one TS per day, max two- if its breakfast and dinner. We’re at a point where we spend less time in the parks and more time exploring restaurants and other activities.

Just my opinion.

If you have both a dinner and a breakfast reservation at Ohana- drop one. Last time we had dinner there was 2015 and we enjoyed it, and we’ve never had breakfast there.

How many days is your trip? Are you booking breakfast, lunch, and dinner on each of your days? If so, you may be able to replace a TS with a QS or even two QS and just plan one TS per day.

If it is your first trip- realize that table service meals will eat up a lot of time that could be spent in the parks or doing other things. They are also a lot of food. We usually plan one TS per day, max two- if its breakfast and dinner. We’re at a point where we spend less time in the parks and more time exploring restaurants and other activities.

Just my opinion.

Trip is 8 days. 1 TS meal per day.

Don’t forget to check some of the options at Disney Springs and the Boardwalk. For example, my husband enjoys the ESPN restaurant on the Boardwalk and there is entertainment, ice cream, a bakery, etc. right there. You can walk there from Epcot or HS and the prices are reasonable.

If it was me, and it was my first Disney vacation, I would not go to Ohana twice. I will say Tusker and Ohana are two of my favorite breaksfast.

As you can see, your type of question will garner every possible response. Here's mine FWIW:

You have character meal overload; especially for the 12 & 15 YOs. As long as you like basic American food, you should keep Garden Grill. Good character interaction and it is unique, since the restaurant rotates. It is also relaxing since it is not a buffet. Definitely keep Sci-Fi.

Tusker House has better food than most buffets, although I think lunch/dinner has more interesting food. But breakfast is still good.

Crystal Palace is not a good value and there are better and less costly options in MK and in the monorail resort restaurants. For instance, Skipper Canteen and the Plaza in MK and the Wave, Kona Cafe and Grand Floridian Cafe in the monorail resorts.

Ohana breakfast is just expensive, basic breakfast food with Lilo and Stitch. I'd drop that unless seeing those characters is on someone's must-do list. I think the kids will want to get into the park ASAP instead. 'Ohana dinner seems inconsistent as far as food and service, but is uniquely Disney and worth trying.

Boathouse is good because the menu is so varied; you can eat for a moderate price or go all-out. A good choice if you want at least one "adult" meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter