Which lunch would you drop

Masonmj84

DIS Veteran
if paying OOP?

We have 4 days scheduled for Epcot, and I need to drop one of these proposed lunches:

1. Le Cellier
2. Les Chefs
3. Teppan Edo
4. Biergarten
5. Via Napoli

Biergarten and Les Chefs will likely be the least expensive (at Les Chef's, we'd likely order off the lunch prix fixe menu). LeCellier looks to be the most expensive, Teppan Edo second, and Via Napoli third.

If trying to balace out: (1) quality of the food; (2) quality/uniqueness of the overall experience; and (3) value paying OOP, which would you drop?

(FWIW, we have two kids ages 10 and 4 and, as far as Teppan Edo goes, don't have an hibachi place in our area)

I would drop Le Cellier because it is SO expensive now, and probably has the environment your children would least enjoy.

No matter how tasty it may be, I can't imagine paying $42 OOP for a steak at lunch time.

Le Cellier due to price and atmosphere for kids. The last time I went the food was good, but I wouldn't pay that much for it OOP

If you have a good hibachi steakhouse in your area, I'd drop Teppan Edo. Next in line, would be Le Cellier.

We've eaten at LeCellier exactly twice (before the upgrade to Signature) and we eat at Teppan Edo on every trip.

I would definitely skip LeCellier, especially where you say you don't have a hibachi steakhouse at home. My DD is grown up now, but she always loved watching the chef perform, and - even as a picky eater - she loves the food.

Le Cellier. While it's good, it's overrated. I think you'll have quality food and a better atmosphere at the other places. Plus, the other places will be less expensive.

While I like Le Cellier and go on every trip, I concur that it probably makes the most sense to drop it from your list. It's a pricey meal, so you want to be able to eat leisurely and enjoy it. There isn't much for kids to see and the tables are really close together.

No contest---LeCellier should go. The kids may enjoy seeing Remy @ Chefs and the chefs @ Teppan Edo are very entertaining so I'd definitely keep those 2.

If you have a good hibachi steakhouse in your area, I'd drop Teppan Edo. Next in line, would be Le Cellier.

I agree with this one although if you're not planning on eating steak at lunch there is the option of just ordering apps (soup & salad) which is what I did last visit and dd had a kid's meal so it was much more reasonable. But, agreed with everyone else, much too expensive if paying OOP for lunch for steak.;)

Le Cellier. I think the atmosphere is horrible for kids. For adults, it's just poor.

I agree with dropping Teppan Edo. I would say Le Cellier because of the cost but I love to go there for lunch and just have the pretzel bread and cheese soup.

My kids liked Teppan Edo.

If the party was all adults, I'd drop Teppan Edo but like I said, that dungeon really isn't a fun atmosphere.

Gosh, I never expected to see so many votes for Le Cellier, this has to be the first time I have read a dining thread and so many people were on the same page as far as ideas:)

Having finally gotten a coveted lunch ressie for Le Cellier last fall, I have to agree with the others that said to drop it due to atmosphere for the kids. I enjoyed the food and will go again but not on the dining plan and I will just share appetizers and desserts.............and yes, we were the TWO people having 3 desserts when we were there - too many to choose from, all of them good and the "moose" was SO CUTE!:rotfl2:

Gosh, I never expected to see so many votes for Le Cellier, this has to be the first time I have read a dining thread and so many people were on the same page as far as ideas:)

I think this is because of the OP's specific question about which to drop from her list given her party. Most of the other LC threads seem to be about whether it's "worth" 2TS credits or whether folks like it or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter