• Grand Californian - Standard view room

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • Disneyland Hotel - Standard view room

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Disneyland Hotel - Premium view room

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think you made a great choice. When you get a chance I'd suggest adding a room request if you haven't done so already. What you request depends on your preferences, but when I stay at the Grand Californian I always ask for a room near one of the elevators. My impression is that the room schedulers take this one pretty seriously, since it is often made by people with mobility issues. I've had less success with more specific location requests.

You might also consider requesting a room with a king bed. I like the extra space this provides at the Grand Californian. (I don't actually request this for standard rooms at the Disneyland hotel. There are a few smaller-than-usual rooms with kings right next to the elevators that I really don't like.)

Also be aware that you can prioritize your requests. I'm not sure how well this works, frankly. I've rarely had more than one of the requests honored, but your mileage may vary.

Thanks! I have terrible luck at WDW getting anything I request for a room, usually get the opposite lol. But I'll try, I always prefer a king bed when I travel with my boyfriend. Thank you for the tip about the elevator

My dh and I stayed in a DVC studio room in Feb. and we thought it was wonderful. We had a first floor room that looked into DCA. Loved the walk from the GC to DCA.

I think you made a great choice. When you get a chance I'd suggest adding a room request if you haven't done so already. What you request depends on your preferences, but when I stay at the Grand Californian I always ask for a room near one of the elevators. My impression is that the room schedulers take this one pretty seriously, since it is often made by people with mobility issues. I've had less success with more specific location requests.

You might also consider requesting a room with a king bed. I like the extra space this provides at the Grand Californian. (I don't actually request this for standard rooms at the Disneyland hotel. There are a few smaller-than-usual rooms with kings right next to the elevators that I really don't like.)

Also be aware that you can prioritize your requests. I'm not sure how well this works, frankly. I've rarely had more than one of the requests honored, but your mileage may vary.

I requested a king bed room for our stay last week, but they did not have any when we arrived around 5:00. They told me that bed configuration is a request, not a for-sure. I did then specifically ask for a renovated room.

PHXscuba

Congratulations on making the right choice. We've stayed at the Grand all but twice, once offsite, and once at the DLH (in the best non-themed room they had, club level, right next to the E-ticket lounge). We are staying at the DLH again this trip, giving it another try. We love the Grand though (heck, I try to live my life and furnish my house like I'm there). You'll love the balcony, the lobby, lounge, and you MUST do Napa Rose during your trip. It's just all around great!! Maybe catch the Art of the Craft tour. I just started my Trip report about it.. it's great if you are an A&C addict like I am.

Congratulations on making the right choice. We've stayed at the Grand all but twice, once offsite, and once at the DLH (in the best non-themed room they had, club level, right next to the E-ticket lounge). We are staying at the DLH again this trip, giving it another try. We love the Grand though (heck, I try to live my life and furnish my house like I'm there). You'll love the balcony, the lobby, lounge, and you MUST do Napa Rose during your trip. It's just all around great!! Maybe catch the Art of the Craft tour. I just started my Trip report about it.. it's great if you are an A&C addict like I am.
Thanks :) I still have a while before my 60 days to make dining reservations. I am excited. What exactly is the the Art of the Craft tour?

I requested a king bed room for our stay last week, but they did not have any when we arrived around 5:00. They told me that bed configuration is a request, not a for-sure. I did then specifically ask for a renovated room.
I would be surprised if I got a king since I've never had that request fulfilled. But I think by February every room should be renovated right?

Great choice! We love the Grand! One thing to note: If you want to use the DCA entrance for park open, get there early. If you don't, there will be a really long line and it will be faster to walk to the main entrance. We ended up walking to the main entrance a couple of mornings because we didn't want to stand in line for so long just to get into the park. Using the GC entrance for DCA was AWESOME throughout the rest of the day though!

Great choice! We love the Grand! One thing to note: If you want to use the DCA entrance for park open, get there early. If you don't, there will be a really long line and it will be faster to walk to the main entrance. We ended up walking to the main entrance a couple of mornings because we didn't want to stand in line for so long just to get into the park. Using the GC entrance for DCA was AWESOME throughout the rest of the day though!
Thanks! That's good to know. I had heard they let you in first through the main entrance and the one at the hotel can't let you in until official park opening? We'd probably use the main entrance to get in quicker

Thanks :) I still have a while before my 60 days to make dining reservations. I am excited.
Napa doesn't do online, you have to call them directly FYI.

What exactly is the the Art of the Craft tour?
https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...r-at-disneys-grand-californian-hotel.3629840/
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/hotels/grand-californian-hotel/recreation/

I would be surprised if I got a king since I've never had that request fulfilled. But I think by February every room should be renovated right?
We received a king when requested. Mostly, we are traveling with the kids though, so it was only that once.

...I would be surprised if I got a king since I've never had that request fulfilled. But I think by February every room should be renovated right?
There have been reports that the renovation will be completed in mid-October, I expect everything will be done by February.

I have been told (during the Art of Craft tour) the renovation will increase the number of King beds, which seems likely (bunk beds are being eliminated).

My usual request is: "near the elevators adjacent to Napa Rose"
I find this the most convenient location, near the GCH entrance to DCA.

Napa doesn't do online, you have to call them directly FYI.
Oh I didn't know that, thanks!

There have been reports that the renovation will be completed in mid-October, I expect everything will be done by February.

I have been told (during the Art of Craft tour) the renovation will increase the number of King beds, which seems likely (bunk beds are being eliminated).

My usual request is: "near the elevators adjacent to Napa Rose"
I find this the most convenient location, near the GCH entrance to DCA.
Thanks, I'll use this request. That's great to hear about the number of king beds. At WDW I feel like they have one room with a king and all the rest are two queens, or at least that's how it feels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter