Which has a larger standard room?

The AAA price for me is $215 as well, but I had to add extra for both my adult children (19 and 23) plus the rollaway charge. I was wrong, my rate was $245 plus the extra $25. Along with taxes, etc. our room is costing $300 a night!

I think the problem is that it's so hard to get discounts at HRH lately. I've checked for several dates and don't have any problems getting decent prices for both PBH and RPR. But HRH is another matter.

There's way too many people wanting to stay at HRH I guess. :cool:

In the busy season, it is understandable that they can charge rates comparable with other Orlando resorts. We still got good rates in slow season this year. I got HRH in January for $129 (and an upgrade to a deluxe!!!!)

I think my AAA rate of $215 is decent for a room (that's the rate for 4 people on Travelocity), but when I have to add on $15 pp extra fees and then a rollaway fee, it gets to be too much.

I suppose I could be dishonest and not disclose my kids ages, but I have a problem doing that. I could also not disclose that we have those two children at all and just say a room for three (my son is 16). This however, would cause a problem with the Fast Pass and defeat the purpose of our staying on the grounds in the first place.:bounce:

When I bid on Priceline, the room is only guaranteed for two people. However, we have never had a problem putting at least four of us in a room and we have disclosed this at check in...no extra charges incurred.

Familyof14, actually when I was there I noticed there were six floors, and if you looked at our room from the piazza, there were two above us. The lobby itself is on the 3rd floor. I myself had a WONDERFUL stay there, with a wonderful deluxe room.

The bathroom was fantastic. With 5 adult size people though, if everyone likes privacy while showering and shaving, etc. then you may want HRH that has a sink outside the bathroom with shower. PBH has everything, including two sinks, a separate shower and tub, as well as toilet in one big bathroom.

My rate per night was 189 for deluxe, and at the time was cheaper than either HRH or RPR. I think they needed to fill rooms at the last minute, because this rate came up fairly close to my visit, and it was during spring break time.

I must be confused about another resort. I am so ready to book the perfect place. :confused:

I just saw pictures of the deluxe bathroom and I was thinking the same thing as you. :eek: I can just see my husband trying to have his daily ritual, my son in the shower, me in the tub, while my girls are trying to put on make-up. :teeth:

Anyone know how the standard room bathroom is situated?

Also, the pictures were of a king bedroom and it was not very large. Know way that two doubles could fit inside that room, so I am assuming that the double rooms are larger.

I would be afraid to wait too much longer to find a place for July.

I don't know about the king rooms being smaller. the deluxe rooms at PBH are over 500 sq ft. Lots of space by the window for a rollaway or your own air mattress? The room has a table with a mirror for makeup application... just depends on your comfort level for the bathroom situation. This is the largest room of all the resorts. Without it being a suite that is. LOL. Like I could ever afford a suite full price there!

I had a standard at HRH, and their bathroom fit a tub/shower combo, toilet and small, wall-mounted sink. They had a single sink vanity with a regular sized framed mirror above that. Not sure about their deluxe, they do have that pullout couch. It would be a tight fit to put a rollaway in a standard, but it can be done.

I guess it makes sense that a double room would be bigger than a king anyway.
Looking back at the pic of the deluxe, I see where there would be room for a rollaway near the window. I love the air mattress idea. Saves $25 but I would hate to lug one around. We get a grocery stop with our limo service. Maybe the grocery would have a blow up float? Throw a few blankets on it and we have a mattress!
I am hoping with our Lowes card, we can get an upgrade to a deluxe...maybe they will feel sorry for us. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter