Which has a larger standard room?

The Portofino and Hard Rock Hotel standard rooms are both larger than the Royal Pacific standard rooms.

Definitely PBH, followed by HRH, and finally RPR. For a family of five, i would definitely go with PBH.

Thank you!

What about building? We want to be able to walk to Universal or take the water taxi.

You can walk or take the water taxi from any of the Universal onsite hotels. The shortest walk is from the HRH. You will find the largest rooms at PBH.

Someone mentioned a while back that there was one building at PBH that was closer to the water taxi/walking path than any other. ???

I would do HRH deluxe room. It has two queen beds and a double pull out couch. It is not much more expensive than the standard room.

Originally posted by Familyof14
Someone mentioned a while back that there was one building at PBH that was closer to the water taxi/walking path than any other. ???

If you book a standard room (as opposed to the Deluxe), you'll want to ask for the West Wing, as it is closer to the boat dock and pools.

I had a deluxe two weeks ago, and I was very close to the boat dock. Our room overlooked the piazza and bay, and you could look down over the outdoor tables at thirsty fish. Was on the 4th floor. I think this may have been considered west wing.

I thought there were only three floors at Portofino.:confused:

Was the room nice? I have been reading such mixed reviews on Tripadvisor. :eek:

Originally posted by Familyof14
Thank you AlexandNessa!

damo - The Hardrock would be cool, but it is too expensive.

More expensive than the PBH?

I understand that the Hard Rock is the most expensive Universal resort and the rooms are not as large.

... the most expensive is PBH and it also has the largest rooms. HRH is the 2nd most expensive and has rooms a bit smaller than the PBH, as far as I know. RPR is least expensive and has smaller standard size rooms than either of the others... I've heard that it might be a tight squeeze to get 5 into a RPR room, so the last time we went we opted for HRH. It was a bit tight for 5, but do-able. I would think the best bet for 5 would be a HRH deluxe room. Not sure how much those cost these days, however...

Happy planning,
Sarah

PBH is the most expensive, that's why I was questioning your choice of PBH over Hard Rock. PBH is a five star resort where HRH is 41/2 star and RPR is 4 star. (according to the booking sites anyway)

When are you going, perhaps we could help you to find a better deal than what you've got.

That would be great! We are going this summer, July 16-18th.

I looked back on my notes and where I had received quotes for the stay, the Hard Rock came out on top as most expensive (and next to smallest standard room). I just checked again for my dates and the Hard Rock is now sold out for my dates. Maybe that is why the quote was higher when I checked early last week...supply and demand!

Thank you for any help you might give. I was going to try and call again as well.:crazy:

Wow,that weekend seems to be sold out all over the place right now for all the hotels. I'll check with all my sources and see what I can find.

... rooms are available at all 3 hotels for those dates. They're the rack rates however! The prices are as follows:

PBH: $269
HRH: $249
RPR: $219

These are all for garden-view, standard rooms.

These were the same prices at the Loews site. No discounts for AP, Fan Club, etc. came up when I input these codes.

HTH,
Sarah

I get those same rates at HotelPlus Destination Portal as well. The Loews site is showing the HRH hotel full for me.

RPR $175 AAA and PBH $215 AAA at Loews site though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter