Which Fast & Furious to watch?

Disney Addicted

DIS Veteran
We have never seen any of the Fast & Furious movies. Actually, maybe my husband has but the kids & I have not.

Which one should we watch before going? There's no way we are watching all of them!

I think I read somewhere to watch the one with Vin Diesel in it, so would that be the Fast & Furious 2009 movie?

You should watch them all because characters are introduced, fleshed out, or are killed off depending on the story being told.
But if you can't watch them all...
You definitely have to watch the 1st one and F&F 7.
At the bottom of the list is Tokyo drift and 2 Fast & 2 Furious

The first two are great along with the fourth one (which is also called Fast & Furious). The most recent one was really mediocre though.

The first few movies were more about street racing (or at least involved more street races). The last few movies were more about heists or just action movies that involve cars.

I don't think you have to see anything to go on the ride.

I believe the ride has more in common with the later movies than the original ones.

My son's words after riding were, That was the worst ride I have ever been on.

Don't worry about watching movies before you ride. It will change nothing.

I have figured out about 1 in twenty like this ride, usually young boys.

I am not saying don't ride it, your group could be that one in twenty, I am just saying, I would not make it a priority.

A lot of people don't like Kong, and I love it. Not so much for the ride but I love the movie of the big ape. It makes me laugh. And I do like when the bridge breaks.

I looked at the wiki and the one that features the same villain that is in the ride the most is Fast and Furious 6. So if you want to know about the main villain, that would be it.

Still probably not necessary :)

Thanks everyone! We'll see about watching more than one Fast & Furious. There are other movies I'd like the kids to see before going to Universal as well though.

We watched The Mummy (Brendan Fraser) last night.

The Fast and Furious Ride is generally considered one of the poorer attractions at a Universal so you may be wasting your time watching the films.

One other thing to note: it is the only ride with a Parental Advisory because of mild profanity.

The Fast and Furious Ride is generally considered one of the poorer attractions at a Universal so you may be wasting your time watching the films.

One other thing to note: it is the only ride with a Parental Advisory because of mild profanity.

The profanity is only mild if you don't listen to the guests when it's done.

Good one. Horror Make Up Show technically has a Parental Advisory due to the graphic nature of the show. So, I'm sure the language on the ride isn't that bad.

No need to watch the original if you have seen Point Break
Vin Diesel = Patrick Swayze
Paul Walker = Keanu Reeves
Cars = Surfboards

Was I the only one that felt the audio in the F&F attraction was ridiculously LOUD?
Hurt my ears so much, I couldn't wait for the torture to be over!

I would start from the beginning and watch them in sequence except maybe tokyo drift as the events of that movie happen later so you would want to google to find the correct place to watch tokyo drift. I think maybe after number 6. At any rate, if I could only watch one, it would be Number 5. My 10 year old agrees as well, number 5 is the best.

If you watch the first movie you'll catch "the drift" of the ride. Compared to other rides it's pretty lame. A lot depends upon where you sit in the car. You have to sit in the first row to get the full effect of the ride otherwise it's useless and you won't get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!