Which dates would you chose?

maleficent55

DIS Veteran
If you had to pick between:

December 11-14 2019; 3 days in the park

Or

April 17-20 2020; 3 days in the park with the last being Dapper Day

And why?

Oh that's a tough one. My thoughts about December is that you're right in the middle of busy season, but for me, it's been a while since I've been in the park around the holiday season so that would be fun. Plus it's a few days after my birthday so I'd have a strong preference for December.

With April, maybe there's a chance that there's less of crowd (though I'd have to verify via a crowd calendar). Dapper Day sounds awesome too. The dates are just after Easter so the school schedule may weigh in depending on when breaks are happening but also means there's no nifty Easter related stuff.

But really, I'd go with December.

Oh that's a tough one. My thoughts about December is that you're right in the middle of busy season, but for me, it's been a while since I've been in the park around the holiday season so that would be fun. Plus it's a few days after my birthday so I'd have a strong preference for December.

With April, maybe there's a chance that there's less of crowd (though I'd have to verify via a crowd calendar). Dapper Day sounds awesome too. The dates are just after Easter so the school schedule may weigh in depending on when breaks are happening but also means there's no nifty Easter related stuff.

But really, I'd go with December.
I’ve been at both times (including Dapper Day) and loved both! This trip is a gift for my moms 75th birthday. She’s never seen Disneyland at Christmas time, and she has gone in April just not for Dapper Day.
I think she would equally love looking at all of the amazing outfits and looks in April as well as the holiday decorations in December. It’s a tough call which is why I’m asking here! :-)

If you had to pick between:

If I had to pick it'd be December. It's still early enough that it shouldn't be crazy busy. At least not for the first couple of days. "Is It Packed?" has December 11 and 12 as "Hey, It's Alright." Then it gets busier over the weekend.

Also, so many people describe Christmas at Disneyland as their favorite time of the year, a must-see, bucket-list-type outing. I know a lot of people really like Dapper Days (and I'm sure your mom would enjoy it), but I don't think I've ever heard it raved about like people rave about Christmas.

I’d pick the December dates. I’m a sucker for Disney all dressed in holiday best. We’ve gone into the second week of December and found it to be great weather and manageable crowds

Oh! It’ll be closed in December? I think we’d be ok missing it this time. It’s not a first or last trip....
It doesn't open at DL until Jan. 2020. (It opens at WDW this Dec.)

yes!!!
I didn’t mention that but if we go in April we will stay the the Disneyland hotel with Dapper Day rates ($329/night); if we go in December we will stay at the BWPPI for $197/night
If you go in April, don't forget to participate in the Dapper Day convention by buying tickets to the Expo (so inexpensive!) and by buying some cute merchandise (available online and at the Expo itself). Participation in the convention prevents abuse of the discount rates.

It doesn't open at DL until Jan. 2020. (It opens at WDW this Dec.)

If you go in April, don't forget to participate in the Dapper Day convention by buying tickets to the Expo (so inexpensive!) and by buying some cute merchandise (available online and at the Expo itself). Participation in the convention prevents abuse of the discount rates.
Omg! I love the convention and wouldn’t miss it! My favorite make up bag was bought at the last one I went to!

Omg! I love the convention and wouldn’t miss it! My favorite make up bag was bought at the last one I went to!
Spread the word! Dapper Days always needs more support. Some people think that dressing up is all there is to it, but the rest of us know that dressing up alone doesn't raise a penny to support the cause! Plus, as you already know, the merchandise at the Expo is seriously cute!

I'd pick April with the onsite stay at DLH during Dapper Days. We went during Spring Dapper Days last year and this year and had a blast both times. The weather was great and the crowds were very managable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!