• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Club Wyndham - Dolphin's Cove or CW Anaheim?

CyndiLooWho

DIS Veteran
Hello! We are working on booking our first DL trip; normally we go to WDW. We always stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek in Orlando; we are trying to decide between Club Wyndham Anaheim (on Katella) and Club Wyndham Dolphin's Cove.

We are a 50ish couple looking to stay in a 1BR unit.

There is a pretty significant points difference between the two resorts, as well as amenities differences:

~ CW Anaheim charges for parking, but has in-room laundry and appears to be newer. It is a big tower block with small balconies. Appears to be close to chain restaurants and shopping. About double the points for a 1BR unit as compared to resort below.
~ Dolphin's Cove looks to be converted apartments, shared laundry room, larger balconies, free parking. Does not seem to be walking distance to eateries, etc.

There is a 3rd resort (Peacock Suites) that is even fewer points, but looks like a converted hotel with no balconies and no laundry. Appears to be walking distance to parks. Not sure we are at all interested in this option.

Has anyone stayed at any / all of these and can give me some direction on which is better?

We've stayed at both D'Cove and Anaheim through Worldmark-- but not Peacock Suites. We favor Dolphin's Cove over Anaheim for three reasons:
a) No TOT tax (might be specific to WM vs Wyndham?)
b) Free Parking
c) Better Parking; Our trucks are too tall to park in the Anaheim structure beyond the lowest level.

That said ... for a "first time visit" ... I'd suggest the Anaheim property. There is less chance of "disappointment." It is more "resort-like." It is prettier. And I'm beginning to really hate the room renovations currently going on at Dolphin's Cove. Ugh!

Edited to add:
  • Spot on! D'Cove is a converted apartment complex.
  • There are walk-to eateries near D'Cove:
    • Directly adjacent to Denny's
    • Very close to two upscale steakhouses: Morton's and Ruth Chris
    • Very close to Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles
FWIW, we walk from either location to the Disneyland Resort area -- so that adds all the Downtown Disney eateries. We also walk from D'Cove to the restaurants near the Anaheim property ... but I really don't mind walking 10 miles a day when visiting Disney parks. If you don't enjoy that much walking ... do look into the Anaheim Resort Transportation (ART) bus system?

Last edited:
@bmvbound thanks for the reply! Good to hear from someone who knows. You are right on the transient fees, they have to be paid in cash / card with Anaheim. No mention with D Cove.

We'll be renting a car, so no trying to get the truck or SUV into a parking garage, but I don't think we want to put up with construction / renovation on our first trip. Saw enough of that in the early Bonnet Creek years.

It sounds like Anaheim will be the winner for us.

Good decision! Be sure to enjoy the rooftop for both hot tubs and fireworks viewing! (That is our favorite part of the Anaheim resort.)

Oh! BTW ...

While we generally enjoy 1BR units over Studios ... we are OK booking a Studio at the Anaheim property. I mention this in case you feel a need to conserve points? On the Worldmark side, the studios are quite spacious, have a nearly complete kitchen and, if I recall correctly, also have in-room laundry. The bed is a queen size murphy (folding down from the wall). In all, quite comfortable and workable for two! (I'm guessing the CW units are same/similar??)

Oh! BTW ...

While we generally enjoy 1BR units over Studios ... we are OK booking a Studio at the Anaheim property. I mention this in case you feel a need to conserve points? On the Worldmark side, the studios are quite spacious, have a nearly complete kitchen and, if I recall correctly, also have in-room laundry. The bed is a queen size murphy (folding down from the wall). In all, quite comfortable and workable for two! (I'm guessing the CW units are same/similar??)
Thank you for the tips. I think the units are identical regardless of designation. We like the 1BR so that we can get some separate space - I apparently snore. ;) We've got the points to spare, my parents are slowing down and we now find it a challenge to use all our points. But sometimes the point values are also indicative of resort quality; that's why I mention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter