• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

which character meals for the Canadian deal?

from Canada

Mouseketeer
Ive ordered our passes, but they aren't in yet. I want to make my PS for our upcoming Feb trip. Can anyone tell me exactly which Character meals are included in the passes? Would it be any meal, or just breakfast? Does it tell you on the voucher? Also, we are staying offsite, so where do I exchange my voucher for the passes and Character meal?
Thanks guys
Karen

I do believe that all character breakfasts will be available to choose from. When we have ordered these passes we were given the actual ticket, but if you do get vouchers you just exchange them at the guest service window of any theme park. If you have young girls go for the castle. I did read the other day that a few character breakfasts have been cancelled which limits your choice, but there are still a few good ones.

I do not think all char meals are available, sorry. I know that Donalds Breakfastosaurus is available, but not ones like Chef Mickey, Cindys. I think the Garden Grill in Epcot is available and a couple others that aren't char meals. We picked Donalds but not ordering tickets until late Feb/early Mar. for April trip. We bought these tickets last year without char meal, but we did several char meals, incl Donalds. dd loved Donalds, it wasn't my fav. I wasn't thrilled with GG at Epcot either. I am a HUGE fan of Cindy's, Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Faire char meals!

I heard pretty much what SandraC heard. First I was told it was available at all participating restaurants. (Yeah, but WHICH ONES are the participating restaurants??). Then I was given a list of 4 restaurants, and I think three of them were Breakfastosaurus in AK, Garden Grill in EPCOT, and Hollywood & Vine in MGM. Somehow I vaguely think the fourth might not have been in MK - maybe Cape May? (just a guess)

Sorry about that. I thought I read that any character breakfast. I also noticed that the character breakfast at Olivias is cancelled which is where we were going to try. Oh well I guess 4 to choose from isn't so bad.

Hi We were there 2 weeks ago and they are for breakfast only . The garden grill is on there but they dont serve breakfast anymore, maybe in feb. The others are O'hana's , Donalds at Ak and hollywood and Vine. WE chose H& V. It was a nice breakfast buffet.

hockey mom, be thankful you didn't do Olivia's that was the worst character breakfast meal going. Never saw a good review of it in the year I moderated the Restaurant board! Same reason, terrible food and always cold.
CC

WebmasterCathyCanada, thanks for the heads up. We have not done any character breakfasts except Cindys(we are not breakfast eaters), but we thought that since it was free and we are staying at OKW we would give it a try. Now my kids second choice was garden grille because it rotates(do I have that right), but not serving breakfast anymore. I think we will go with DSNFN and go to H&V. Thanks for the input everyone.

I think we'll try H&V too. (Its at MGM right?) Which characters are there? The only character meal we've ever done was at Crystal Palace, for breakfast...it was great!! How does H&V compare to that?
Cant wait....
Karen :)

H&V has Minnie all decked out in white lace(from the picture I seen), pluto, goofy, chip, and dale. This place has gotten some good reviews so we are going to give this one a try.

We were there in December and our vouchers had the 4 options listed above for the breakfast. We used the one at the Poly resort and it was great. Mickey, Goofy, Chip & Dale were there and the food was good. After breakfast we rented mouseboats which our kids loved (ages 12 & 15 DD's) and then took a ferry to MK. We had parked at the TTC and walked to the Poly for breakfast as we stayed off-site.

Hi we were there is in December for 10 days...had a great time....hated to come home!! There are four character breakfasts with the canadian deal Breakfastosaurus at AK, Hollywood and Vines at MGM, Ohana's at Poly's (I think that is where Ohana's is and the Garden Grille (but I am not sure why this is on the voucher as there is no more character breakfast there I am told. anyway we did priority seating for 11:00 at Hollywood and Vines. It was great, not crowded, the food was fab!!! and lots of interaction with characters Minnie greets you at the door dressed to the 'nines' and chip, dale, goofy and pluto walk around to the tables. The 11:00 oclock seating gave us a chance to ride tower of terror and see beauty and the beast before going to eat. (and do the rock and roller coaster if you wish) Have a great trip....wish I could go back with ya!! don't miss fantasmic....a must see!!

thanks to everyone for the help.
Friendly Canuck....that is the same PS I asked for and got last week. We get a free breakfast at our hotel so I wanted the PS as late as possible so that it could be more like a lunch (but still count for the breakfast voucher). I like breakfast foods better than lunch foods anyway. We're planning to get to the park for opening, and do TOT and RNR before we eat. I think we should be abe to get on each of these at least 2 times in 2 hours. Then after we eat, we can tour at a more leisurly pace til fantacmic.
Cant wait!!! 24 MORE SLEEPS!!!!!
Karen

Hi from canada
I don't think you will be disappointed, they started bringing out lunch items at about 11:15 both my kids went up for some lunch items.....is 11:00 the latest that you can go for breakfast? We also had free breakies at our hotel but opted to have a yogart as not to spoil our meal....and boy you are stuffed when you are finished...have fun at MGM we loved it!!! Cheers Robin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter