Which character meal

Plaza Inn! We always have great interactions with characters and I think the food is tasty but I’m also not picky.

Which character meal (breakfast or dinner) would you choose and why? Trying to decide but all get similar reviews so difficult to choose between. Looking for good character interaction and good food (asking too much?)

Thanks

We like the Surf's Up breakfast at PCH grill. We do that on the day we fly out since you don't need to have park tickets to eat there.

Last year did breakfast at both Donald's Seaside at PCH Grill and Storytellers

As for food both were very good. As for character interaction over all Donald's was the best. Stitch was great, saw that my point and shoot camera was on and keeping it on the table snapped random weird angle shots of Daisy as she was signing for my daughter, it was a riot. The other characters were great too. The smaller size of the restaurant I think helps to make it a more personal feeling and we got to see all the characters rather quickly but it did not feel rushed.

While we had a great interaction with the characters at Storytellers it took forever to get to see our first character. Mickey was about 2 tables away and then they did the march around with the kids. When it ended they took a break (understandable) but when they came back out they skipped us and started in another section. It took well over 25 mins for one to finally to show up. Then another 20 to get the next one by which time we were well done with our meal but stretching it out so we could see the characters. Again we had a character a few tables away and the march took place again and they re-started somewhere else. After 15 min more we got Chip and Dale about 10 min after that. While we waited for Mickey, Chip and Dale stopped by again Finally we could not wait any longer for Mickey as we had to finish packing and check out so I walked up to his handler told he we hadn't seen Mickey and asked if we could see Mickey and she asked where we were sitting and Mickey came over about 2-3 min later. Our table was the last one in our section to get a character and I think that was why we got skipped those times when they re-started. In the end by the time we sat down until we saw our last character it took 90 min which is a ridiculously long time for breakfast IMO.

We were there last week. We did Goofy's Kitchen for 8:45AM breakfast on Sunday morning. It wasn't crowded at all. It looked like there were a lot of people waiting though when we left. The room we had was very bright and you looked out and could see the pool which was nice. The tables etc seemed newer and nicer than Chef Mickey's. We ate there because it was our last day there before heading to LA and we stood at the DL hotel. The food was ok nothing special. I thought it seemed small as far as what they offered (compared to Chef Mickey's spread in DW). Chip and Dale were fun. They each came over twice as well as Minnie came twice. Pluto came in our dining room but left before getting to our table. Goofy was there for the parade and pictures when you first come in but not to the tables. The picture isn't included with the meal either like at Chef Mickey's. Sorry I wasn't able to compare it to anywhere else in DL but it was the only character meal we did there.

We did Plaza Inn and the PCH breakfasts in march, and both were fantastic. Plaza Inn has the most characters hands down, but the level of interaction can vary greatly depending on how busy it is. Some folks like to book as early as possible, which does usually mean fewer people competing for attention, but can eat into your morning park hours, while others prefer to hit the park hard first and then do a later breakfast, nearly brunch during one of the last timeslots. Either one works well, and I highly recommend including it.

The PCH surf's up was our first time this year, and it is not on the list of must do every trip. Like a few other commenters, we booked it the day we were leaving as a last taste of magic and it did not disappoint! My oldest surprised me that trip by declaring that Stitch was her favorite character (I did not even know that when I booked the brunch, which was a surprise to the kids), so it made it even MORE magical. The character interactions were great, the food was a bit better than Plaza Inn (although I love both), and it was the perfect way to end the trip. If we could only do one next trip, I would probably do the PCH - but only because we've done Plaza Inn several times.

My sister is planning a trip for spring break 2020 and looking at the princess breakfast, which wasn't available when we were there. Looks pricey but the interactions sound great. Anyone have comments on it recently?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!