Which 2 hotels have the best restaurants? Wanting to do a split stay!

CR.
You have The Wave, CA Grill and if you want characters, Chef Mickey's.

The Epcot resorts are really limited in the restaurants that are currently open inside the hotel BUT you're within walking distance of quite a few options. In that case I'd pick Yacht Club over Boardwalk as the rooms have been recently renovated.

I have to caution anyone wanting to do a split stay these days. We are doing a split stay in a few weeks. Apparently WDW changed their policy and consider split stays as two separate reservations. This meant we could not book our entire vacation at our first 60 day mark as we have done on past vacations. Since a split stay is considered two separate reservations, we had two 60 day marks and missed out on a couple of ADR's we wanted.

I have to caution anyone wanting to do a split stay these days. We are doing a split stay in a few weeks. Apparently WDW changed their policy and consider split stays as two separate reservations. This meant we could not book our entire vacation at our first 60 day mark as we have done on past vacations. Since a split stay is considered two separate reservations, we had two 60 day marks and missed out on a couple of ADR's we wanted.
This is how it has always been for ADRs. (well, maybe not always, but definitely for quite a while)

We are doing a split between GF and Riveria. At Riveria on the gondola line and a short ride to the World Showcase and wonderful dining. However, if not wishing to go into a park you have the entire Boardwalk area, Swan and Dolphin area etc. Yacht Club is a great place to eat. Topolino's for breakfast is wonderful

I would just pick your favorite resorts on the monorail and in the EP resort area. I would probably do GF and then BC/YC, BCV, BWI or BWV. You can walk to tons of restaurants from every resort in the EP area and also skyliner to RIV.

This is an interesting question. LOL We did a split stay in November never realizing the impact. Luckily we were only at Kidani for 2 nights and the rest of the vacation we ate at the Springs or in the parks.

When all its restaurants are open, AKL would be in first place for sure. Second place goes to The Contemporary.

Maybe Saratoga Springs if restaurants are a priority because you have a plethora of choices at Disney Springs
This would work great either if they are able to stay in the end of Saratoga Springs nearest to Disney Springs, or if they don't mind a long walk. (The boats are not currently running between Saratoga Springs and Disney Springs.) Saratoga Springs is huge, and the farthest rooms are a long haul from Disney Springs.

The only exception I’ve known for this in a long time is for DVC members doing split stays. And even then it’s only available calling into member services and having them book all your reservations for the second stay.
To OP like others have said it depends on when the trip is. If everything is open my vote would be for AKL. If it’s soon with what is currently open my vote would be contemporary first and Saratoga for access to disney springs.

This would work great either if they are able to stay in the end of Saratoga Springs nearest to Disney Springs, or if they don't mind a long walk. (The boats are not currently running between Saratoga Springs and Disney Springs.) Saratoga Springs is huge, and the farthest rooms are a long haul from Disney Springs.
Dang I forgot they aren't doing the boats. I think they are doing busses though aren't they?

Dang I forgot they aren't doing the boats. I think they are doing busses though aren't they?
In general, most bus routes are running. I don't know specifically if they are currently running busses between Saratoga Springs and Disney Springs. Maybe someone else can answer that.

A lot of people hit on good places. What I’ll add is for me the answer depends a lot on what you consider.

For dining limited at resort only, I think contemptorary is my favorite all around now. Once things fully reopen animal kingdom lodge becomes my favorite but I’d also add in past ive considered staying at both wilderness lodge and poly for their more quick service focused options I like.

Now if you go beyond resort only and you count restaurants in proximity to areas offered by resort there are lots of great options. Saratoga gives you disney springs. Any monorail resorts give you tremendous selection across poly, grand Floridian, and contemporary (as well as boats to wilderness lodge). With park hopper beach club/boardwalk are great for dining in Epcot every night (especially with festivals).

Any monorail resorts give you tremendous selection across poly, grand Floridian, and contemporary (as well as boats to wilderness lodge).
I don't know when the OP is going, but as of now, the monorail does not stop at the Poly (until the construction project there is done), and the boat route that used to run between Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, and Ft. Wilderness is not running nowadays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter