where we ate............

disney queen

DIS Veteran
we got back yesterday afternoon late from 9 days at wdw. this is where we ate: Olivia's for breakfast, Trail's End Buffet for dinner, Ohana's, Alfredo's(CP package), The Plaza Restaurant, California Grill, BeachesnCream, Wolfgang Puck Express for breakfast. plus various counter services in the parks and quizno's at crossroads down from downtown disney. will be happy to answers questions.:tongue: :wave:

Welcome back! I'm curious about Alfredo's. That is one I haven't tried in quite a while. Thanks! :)

How did you like Beaches and Cream? Did you try the kitchen sink?

ohmygosh! we loved alfredo's. for starters i had the caesar salad and my husband had red and yellow fresh tomatoes w/mozzrela cheese. my husband had the veal parmaniga which he said was better than the one he had in little italy/chicago. i had the chef's special, riositta w/wild mushrooms. (sorry about the spelling!) and it was fabulous! for dessert, we shared the sampler. just the right amount for two. we would definitely return here. service was very good.

at beachesncream we each had a cheeseburger, his w/fries, mine w/fresh fruit. i had a diet vanilla coke(excellent). we found the burgers to better this time than in july. afterwards, my husband order a chocolate malt to go. it was very good. we did not order the kitchen sink, but an older couple next to us did. i don't think they knew exactly what they were in for! do not know if they finished it.:p

We've never eaten at Trail's End for dinner. Did you like it?

oh yes! the chicken and ribs are the same that are served at the HDD. but we really liked the chili! it was just like the kind i make. and the biscuits were very good. we did not try to peel-n-eat shrimp, but they did look great. desserts were fabulous. we would definitely make the effort to get over to fort wilderness to eat here again.:p

Just heard about The Plaza....didn't know it existed on our two other trips to WDW. Where exactly on Main Street is it? And what did you think? We're actually very excited about trying it next time. Thanks!!

we really like the plaza restaurant. the portions are large enough to share. my husband's favorite is the plaza club. and i really enjoyed the tomato bisque. i did try the chicken-noodle. and while it was tasty, i like the bisque better. i think just about anything on the menu would be a good choice. be sure to ask what the flavor of the month/week for the malt is. these are yummy!! this restaurant is located just off main street to the right next to the ice cream parlor. http://wdwig.com/menu/menu_pr.htm here is a link to the menu of the plaza. enjoy!:p

DisneyQueen,

How was the Ca Grill? What did you have? We will be there in exactly one month. Its my favorite place.

Glad you had a good time.

MamaQuack:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

ohmygosh! what took us sssooo long to dine here?! it was fabulous. this was my birthday celebration and i really wanted to see the fireworks over MK. but it had been and was raining that day so i was doubtful. we had impeccable service provided by ronaldo. for starters we enjoyed the 3 cheese and garlic flatbread. wonderful. then we shared the eggrolls. although these were very good, i think the next time we will skip them. we also shared the arugula and frisee salad; this was excellent. for the entree i chose the pumpkin ravioli. this was great! my husband selected the fillet of beef w/the BBQ sauce. this was very, very good. i had a small taste and it was melt in your mouth tender. after all of this, there was no room of dessert, but this being a b-day celebration i/we had a slice of chocolate cake w/raspberry sauce. it too was delicious. BTW, remember i mentioned it was raining? we were seated on the MK side of the restaurant and of course the view overlooking MK was great. as far as the fireworks......they went off as scheduled!:wave:

Originally posted by disney queen
ohmygosh! we loved alfredo's. for starters i had the caesar salad and my husband had red and yellow fresh tomatoes w/mozzrela cheese. my husband had the veal parmaniga which he said was better than the one he had in little italy/chicago. i had the chef's special, riositta w/wild mushrooms. (sorry about the spelling!) and it was fabulous! for dessert, we shared the sampler. just the right amount for two. we would definitely return here. service was very good.

Thanks for the info! :) Sounds like a great meal!

Do you mind me asking how much it cost to eat there - I am assuming it was a buffet - and did you need PS?

Thanks for the tip about The Plaza. Before your reply, I did check out the menu and the Plaza Club caught my eye....I guess us men do stick together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter