Where We Ate, Days 4-6

ugadog99

<font color=blue>Has been waiting patiently for a
My girls, 8 and 11 and I spent Christmas in Disney. These are the reviews from December 22-24.

Sunday, December 22

Breakfast in room and to MK for EMH. We were hungry around 1:00 so we decided on counter service lunch. My family always ate at Columbia Harbour House every year. I thought we would try it as well. I had the clam chowder in the bread bowl. Both the girls had the fish basket. They both opted for the carrots rather than the fries. We always share a large coke at all counter services. The clam chowder was very good. I did have to add some salt, though. The bread bowl was also quite tasty. The whole thing made a delicious lunch. The girls loved their fish and carrots. The condiments bar had a large variety of items for the fish and even some honey mustard to dip the carrots in. We really enjoyed this lunch and will be returning. Total for the three of us $21.

We had dinner at the cabins and then went to the campfire and movie at Ft. Wilderness. The girls roasted marshmallows and we all had fun.

Monday, December 23

Breakfast at Boma's. We were running late but were still seated within 5 minutes of arrival. We have had both breakfast and dinner at Boma's. This restaurant is one of our favorites! Breakfast was delicious. Along with the regular fare, they also had out two different skillet dishes of African flair. The pap was out along with two different types of oatmeal. They had ham, sausage, and bacon. The omlette station was wonderful! The pastries were delicious and the Frunch (juice) was yummy. Terrifice and reasonable breakfast at $33. We will definitely be returning.

We played minigolf at Winterland and then went to Downtown Disney for shopping. We decided to stop at Ghiradelli's. We shared a hot fudge sundae. I have been to Ghiradelli's twice and I have to say that I have definitely had better sundaes. The hot fudge isn't "chocolaty" enough for me. It is just too bland and the vanilla ice cream isn't that special either.

After our carriage ride around Ft. Wilderness, we decided to go to Crockett's Tavern for pizza. We ended up sharing a chicken quesadilla and the younger DD had a slice of cheese pizza. The pizza was much better than the quesadilla.

Tuesday, December 24

Epcot early for 8:40 seating at Princess Storybook. I enjoyed this SO much more than Cindy's last November. The whole experience was very organized and the food was better. The Epcot personnel were walking around to make sure all the princesses visited all the tables. The character interaction was FABULOUS!!! We had Snow White, Cinderella, Jasmine, Mary Poppins, and Belle. I must say that we had a VERY SPECIAL Snow White. :) Anyway, the breakfast was good. We had fruit, rolls, eggs, cheesy potatoes, bacon and sausage. The french toast sticks were dry, though. We will definitely be returning to this breakfast.

Dinner was with the CP package and we chose Le Cellier. What a fabulous meal!! We arrived early and were seated immediately. I had the cheese soup to start. The pretzel bread is the best!! I chose the mushroom filet and risotto. The filet was extremely tender and very tasty. I wasn't crazy about the risotto, but that is just my taste. The younger DD chose the steak and the older DD chose the chicken. Both were very pleased with their choices. Desserts are to die for!! Younger DD had the chocolate "moose". It is SO cute and she loved every bite. The older DD had the smores and liked it. I had the creme brulee. Oh my....the BEST creme brulee I have EVER had! Can't wait to return in June for more! ;)

We got rained out of the CP show, though. It was a monsoon! We left because we were soaked and the lightning was getting pretty bad. We did end up standing in the standby line later in the trip and still ended up seeing the show. We had wonderful meals over these three days. Boma's and Le Cellier were the best for this time period. More to come later...

Thanks for the reviews. I'm licking my chops :) What was the FW campfire like, and which movie was playing?

THanks for the reviews!
At Columbia Harbor House, you can also dip your bread in those goodies from the condiment counter! I think I used 3 of those honey mustard packets...

The campfire was lots of fun, but pretty chilly! We sang Christmas songs, roasted marshmallows, and watched a movie. The movie was Winnie the Pooh and Christmas, Too and A Very, Merry Pooh Year. Great for us since we LOVE Pooh and gang!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter