Where to stay with family of 22?

My parents have offered to take the whole family to disney. We have my parents who are seniors, my family with 2 adults, 4 children (ages 16,12,2,1) - second family is 2 adults and 2 children (2,1) - third family 1 adult, 4 children (17,15,9,7) and fourth family is 2 adults and 3 children (13,2,1). I don't want them to break the bank taking everyone. We would certainly be willing to share a villa or two or do everyone in separate rooms. We are planning on February or April of 2008. Unfortunately we have to go during the kids school break and at this point I don't know exactly when that is. Any opinions or suggestions?

I would go with a value resort for everyone except your parents - put them in an Epcot resort - either BWV or BCV rentings points from a member either a studio or 1-bedroom.

nothing at Disney will take a family as big as yours.

if you want villa - I certainly won't go for the GV - much, much, much too expensive. they only sleep 12 people.

get several 2-bedroom - these things sleep 8, 1-bedroom or studio sleeps 4.

I really hope your parents don't want everyone to stay together. with the kids ages that would be impossible.

the 2 and 1 year old don't count - on disney resort capacity

I would go with a value resort for everyone except your parents - put them in an Epcot resort - either BWV or BCV rentings points from a member either a studio or 1-bedroom.

nothing at Disney will take a family as big as yours.

if you want villa - I certainly won't go for the GV - much, much, much too expensive. they only sleep 12 people.

get several 2-bedroom - these things sleep 8, 1-bedroom or studio sleeps 4.

I really hope your parents don't want everyone to stay together. with the kids ages that would be impossible.

the 2 and 1 year old don't count - on disney resort capacity

Just trying to clarify...
Only 1 child under age 3 does not count toward room occucapy in a room. if you have a 2 year old and a 1 year old in a room than 1 of those children will count toward the total room occupancy but the other one will.

So if they are keeping families together they would need to stay in a resort thst will sleep at least 5 Plus a child under 3 in a room.

From this website:

2007 Walt Disney World Resort Rack Rates /Seasons

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/disney-rates-2007.htm#VALUE

The maximum number of occupants per room type is in parentheses. Note that all rooms can accommodate an additional child under age 3 in a crib

-----------------------------------------------------

Have fun at Disneywheveryou choose to stay!:wizard:

My parents have offered to take the whole family to disney. We have my parents who are seniors, my family with 2 adults, 4 children (ages 16,12,2,1) - second family is 2 adults and 2 children (2,1) - third family 1 adult, 4 children (17,15,9,7) and fourth family is 2 adults and 3 children (13,2,1). I don't want them to break the bank taking everyone. We would certainly be willing to share a villa or two or do everyone in separate rooms. We are planning on February or April of 2008. Unfortunately we have to go during the kids school break and at this point I don't know exactly when that is. Any opinions or suggestions?

We just did a family vacation with a cast of 18 :eek: it was fun but a lot of planning. Since you have a bit of time, could you present your parents with a variety of options. Disney's grand gatherings helped us alot here. The cm Sue, gave us prices on almost every resort level for the number of rooms we would need. Once you get a ballpark figure on the resort prices for your group, your parents may decide what they could handle.

My husband and I took our kids and grandkids 2 years ago and we did 5 rooms at POR. We had:
Room #1: My husband and I
Room #2: 2 adults, 4 children-12, 9, 2, 4
We adjoined our room to theirs and put 2 kids in
our room
Room#3: 2 adults, 2 children- 2, 9 mos
(both ended up in packnplays)2 fit but was tight
Room#4: 2 adults, 1 child-9
Roo #5 3 Adult siblings (2g, 1 b who usually slept in
adjoining#2's room since they preferred putting
g2 in pack n play also

It worked out very well. We had a wonderful location in the back near a quiet pool and we could all meet and wait outside our doors in a courtyard-type area. I had wanted CBR (bigger rooms) but they were not available. No one complained about being cramped or crowded. We really didn't spend a whole lot of time in the rooms other than to sleep. We did do afternoon naps for the little ones most days and the adjoining rooms were nice for that. Sleepers in one room and the adults in the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter