Where to park if driving down

mickeyinjune

Mouseketeer
If we go in oct. we would drive, where can you park your car while you are on the cruise? Is it secure we are planning on having our TV/Vcr with us and do not want to have to take it on the ship.

There is parking at the port for $7-$8 per nite. If you stay at the Radisson the nite before you can park there at no additional charge. They have complimentary shuttle service to the port.

There is a special rate using the "FALL" code to get a room for $59 per nite. Even though we are going 4/14 I was able to change our rate from $99 to $59 using this code.

Hi mickeyinjune, When in Oct.? We are going Oct. 26,. We'll be driving from Maryland and staying the night before at the Radisson. They offer free parking to hotel guess cruising and free shuttle service to and from the port. They will keep your TV and VCR in their office from what I have been told by a fellow cruise mate. You can call the hotel direct to double check, Radisson at Port Canaveral 321-784-0000. We got the 2 room suite for $99. We may go 2 days early, the Rad. is a very nice hotel.

Thanks for the info. The last time we cruised it was on another cruise line for our honeymoon 15 years ago. Its taken me this long to get my DH convinced to try again. (When we went last time there was a hurricane somewhere around there when we left port it was rainy, the water was pretty choppy and it was windy. We got a little seasick the first night).
Hopefully it'll be better this time.Our Annver. is Oct 10 so we were thinking of going some time around then. We have two kids DD is 12 (will be 13 on Oct. 4)and DS is 10. The Halloween cruise sounds like a good idea but My DS still likes to go Trick or treating.

The deal at the Radisson is a tough one to beat at the special rate.

But if for any reason you decide to park at the Port, it costs $8 per day, it's gated, and is under 24 hour surveillance.

Here's a link to the Port Canaveral Website and the parking information: Parking FAQ

Trick-or-Treating Your son would not miss it, we had a stateroom to stateroom trick-or-treat last year for the children who's parents posted here. What a great group we had a Magical Halloween. One that my DD who is 5 will never forget. She can hardly wait for this years Halloween cruise. She wants to be a witch this time, but that changes daily.

The Magic has a big party and there is T-or-T on deck 9 on the night of. Contest and prizes too.
Lots of family fun for all ages.

Goofysgal ....

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the Radisson tip! We decided to leave really early and drive it straight through on the 10th, staying overnight at the Radisson. That way we can sleep in and head over to the ship around 11:00. COOL BEANS.

After tax the cost is $64.00 so If I subtract the $24.00 we save on parking .... we are kind of only paying $40 for our room for the night.

Great deal. Plus ... we can sleep in.

Thanks

wdwo

If security's a concern, I'd park at the port. They've added a lot more fencing since 9/11. On a recent visit to the port, all the gates to the parking lot were closed including the pedestrian entrance. This was at about 4:30pm... before the ship had even sailed. The Radisson's lot is far less secure.

Do you feel the Radisson would not be a secure place to park for 3 days??

We are mainly doing it because we have to stay overnight somewhere anyway.

We have an older Caravan ... not a porche or anything....no TV/ VCR .... we would basically be leaving just our empty van.

Will it be ok?

THanks

wdwo

We sailed in early March and had stayed at the Radisson. We decided to take the car and pay at the port because we didn't want to mess with going back to the Radisson. Also,we couldn't get the lower rate if we wanted to leave the car and take the shuttle. The port luggage drop off was a breeze and we had our car right there to load up and go on to WDW! Either way, the Radisson was wonderful and is a great way to get up and start a wonderful vacation.... Also, the pizza place next door to the Radisson had fabulous Italian food!
Enjoy!

Originally posted by wilmywood
We decided to take the car and pay at the port because we didn't want to mess with going back to the Radisson. Also,we couldn't get the lower rate if we wanted to leave the car and take the shuttle. Enjoy!

I am presuming they have a shuttle back to the resort after the cruise??

Also ... when did they tell you that you could not have the lower rate? I booked on line, then called and was told I could reserve a spot when we check in.

Are you telling me they are going to up my rate if I want to park there? It does not say anything about that in the terms.

Thanks

wdwo

The parking and the shuttle serve to and from the port is a free courtesy service offered by the Radisson.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter