Where To Live During CP!?!?

Wincaps

Mouseketeer
I know nothing about the different kinds of place to live. does anyone know the differences or have any recommendations!? fill me in please.c:banana:

Dont freak out you'll be fine hehe. The CP provides housing for you. You'll either be at Vista or Chatham. Chatham is newer and well you'll eventually learn the meaning if Vista(lay). Sometimes you get to choose but keep up to date with hosuing and let them know if you prefer one and they will try to get you into the one you want to go to. if you look at the Cp site they offer pictures so ou can see what the housing looks lie. When i went for my CP (fall07) during the last month there they got so packed with cp students they offered free hosuing. The catch was you had to have your own transportation and i was a 25 minute drive from Disney. I was next to Universal. (Sabal Palms) Free free to pm with more questions:goodvibes

Dont freak out you'll be fine hehe. The CP provides housing for you. You'll either be at Vista or Chatham. Chatham is newer and well you'll eventually learn the meaning if Vista(lay). Sometimes you get to choose but keep up to date with hosuing and let them know if you prefer one and they will try to get you into the one you want to go to. if you look at the Cp site they offer pictures so ou can see what the housing looks lie. When i went for my CP (fall07) during the last month there they got so packed with cp students they offered free hosuing. The catch was you had to have your own transportation and i was a 25 minute drive from Disney. I was next to Universal. (Sabal Palms) Free free to pm with more questions:goodvibes

housing for free? gosh! lol was it worth it? idk? i live like 50 mins from disney so i will be able to bring my car :) I had herd that they will be opening up a new appt. complex this fall? is that true?

thank you!

housing for free? gosh! lol was it worth it? idk? i live like 50 mins from disney so i will be able to bring my car :) I had herd that they will be opening up a new appt. complex this fall? is that true?

thank you!

Yeah, Patterson Court should be opening up in phases from this summer into the fall. It's across the street from Chatham (my apartment at Chatham faced the construction site).

oldapartment.jpg

As far as free housing offiste goes, I wouldn't count on it. I think it's fair to say that Disney likes to keep the experience for new arrivals as cohesive and as consistent as possible. As such, it was only offered to program cast members who had already been on the program for a couple of months. Sabal Palm across the road from Vista and Alexandria/Parc Vue (near the Reems Road/Magic Kingdom cast exit) was offered first at a reduced rate, then sometime later Sabal Palm at Metrowest (off of Kirkman road) was offered at no cost. All these options (except Sabal Palm, which offered transportation from Vista) required you to have your own transportation.

Yeah, Patterson Court should be opening up in phases from this summer into the fall. It's across the street from Chatham (my apartment at Chatham faced the construction site).

thats good to know! i will be going there in may 19th...do you think that it will be open by then?

thats good to know! i will be going there in may 19th...do you think that it will be open by then?

Not sure. They were pretty far along when I left in January, so the odds are pretty fair that it could be ready- but I don't know to be honest.

My recommendation is to choose based on what you want. If you want to meet lots of people and interact with other CPs and cast members, then stay at Vista. Be forewarned, Vista can get loud and rowdy at times.

If you would rather have a relatively peaceful and quiet place to come home to after work, Chatham is your best bet. The complex is spread out, so it's quiet most of the time.

My recommendation is to choose based on what you want. If you want to meet lots of people and interact with other CPs and cast members, then stay at Vista. Be forewarned, Vista can get loud and rowdy at times.

If you would rather have a relatively peaceful and quiet place to come home to after work, Chatham is your best bet. The complex is spread out, so it's quiet most of the time.

but you can go to vista and hang out right?

As long as you don't stay past 1 AM, sure (open access for program cast is from 7 AM to 1 AM to all complexes).

hmmm i mean i want to meet tones of ppl and interact and have lots of fun... i guess im more of a people person myself so im sure i would love Vista but at the same time i dont wana be partying every single night. alot of the time i just enjoy having friends over and playing some video games or going out. ah!

As far as Vista goes I never really went over there and hung out most of the people I knew who lived there would come to Chatham and hang out. If you want to party a lot and don't mind the noise then Vista may be the right place for you. You still meet people and make lots of friends at Chatham and its nice to come home at mid-1am after a 12 hour day and be able to just fall asleep without having all this noise going on.

hmmm i mean i want to meet tones of ppl and interact and have lots of fun... i guess im more of a people person myself so im sure i would love Vista but at the same time i dont wana be partying every single night. alot of the time i just enjoy having friends over and playing some video games or going out. ah!

you also have to think about the hours that disney will be giving you....i have heard that some nights they work you until 3-4 am! i personally do not want to come home and hear parting next door! and what happens if you have a 10 am shift and you NEED the sleep? i personally want chattam

you also have to think about the hours that disney will be giving you....i have heard that some nights they work you until 3-4 am! i personally do not want to come home and hear parting next door! and what happens if you have a 10 am shift and you NEED the sleep? i personally want chattam

all i know is, i love my sleep!!!! I think im gonna go for chattam. i lvoe meeting people, but i want to be able to have some quiet time. lol. i like to hang out and have a good time, but you dont always have to make tons of noise. lol.

I have stayed at Chatham 3 times. However, I heard Patterson should be opened in May, so I hope to stay there. If not, it will be Chatham again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter