Where to go in October?

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
I am looking for suggestions for a long weekend trip in early October.

Leaving on a Thursday and coming home on Monday, meaning three full days somewhere.

I am thinking Branson, MO. We have never been.

What are some interesting, potentially uncommon, vacation places?

I am looking for suggestions for a long weekend trip in early October.

Leaving on a Thursday and coming home on Monday, meaning three full days somewhere.

I am thinking Branson, MO. We have never been.

What are some interesting, potentially uncommon, vacation places?
Where do you live? Will you be driving or flying?

Depending on what you are looking for in a trip and not sure where you have been or where you want to go I would recommend New Orleans, Washington D.C, Baltimore, Nashville, Memphis, Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, St Louis, Philly, or Hersheypark.

New England? Boston for a long weekend would be interesting.

I went to Boston for work last August...been trying to plan on getting back ever since!

So, I second the idea of going to Boston.
Also -

Quebec
Williamsburg, Va
Key West
St.Augustine, FL
Annapolis/DC area
The Greenbrier
Coronado Island/San Diego

Someone up thread recommended Mackinac Island - I'd love to go there someday, it sounds lovely every time I hear about it.

October:

For leaf peeping - Bar Harbor, ME, Mount Washington NH

For history - Washington DC, Williamsburg, VA, Savannah, GA, Charleston, SC, Philadelphia, PA

For culture - NYC, Boston, MA

I’d go somewhere that has a great ghost tour…Baltimore or Boston or Charleston, Savannah or New Orleans maybe??

Knowing you're from Atlanta, my first thought was Asheville, NC. You could drive there, then drive further into the mountains for more leaf peeping. October is a great time to visit Western North Carolina. I wouldn't call that an uncommon place to vacation in October though.

Colonial Williamsburg has some fun fall events such as ghost tours and witch trials where you sit on the jury.

My go to is Gatlinburg just because there is so much to do that you just can't get bored.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter