Where to eat with kids at Universal

KKatz

Earning My Ears
Where's a good place to eat while at Universal. We are staying at the Hard Rock Hotel and have 3 kids that don't like fancy food nor do I want to spend a fortune to eat. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

minnie11a.gif

Confiscos has a great character lunch - reasonably priced. I think they have a kid's menu. It is in IOA. If you are a member of AAA, remember to take your membership card - you will be able to get 10% off of your food purchases. That discount really adds up over several days.

If your kids aren't hearty eaters, try Thunder Falls Terrace or Enchanted Oak Tavern for the chicken platter. There seems to be enough food for two small eaters!

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

Confico's menu is actually fairly sophisticated, although they do have macaroni and cheese.

Younger kids should really enjoy Circus McGurkus (indoors) and Greens Eggs and Ham (outdoors), both in Seuss Landing. Burger Digs in Jurassic park is another good choice. (Be sure to sit on the balcony if the weather's nice.)

In USF, I'd recommend Monster cafe for the fun decor. Mel's has decent burgers but it's getting to the $10 mark for a full meal. Other simple food is at International Food Bazaar (World Expo) and Louie's (New York).

A lot of the restaurants in CityWalk have started offering a kids menu of simple meals for around $5 or $6.

The other solution is to let 'em eat junk and you can keep each "meal" to under $5 at the outdoor stands. 1 :D ô

Kelly Monaghan
Author of "Universal Studios Escape: The Ultimate Guide to the Ultimate Theme Park Adventure"Ã

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter