Where the magic is real, all for half the price of theme park vacations...

Still, if most of us are being honest, Disney is special on a different level. Walt Disney was inspiring to me as a little boy. A visionary that changed the world. I was amazed by what he accomplished. He even influenced my career interest at a very young age. Returning to Disney World with my family reconnects me with a lot of those feelings and memories. Nostalgia is a big draw for me, and the temporary escape from the real world is helpful. That's why we had gone at least 4 times a year for many years before covid.

That being said, THIS Disney doesn't feel much like THAT Disney anymore. COVID and politics have fundamentally changed Disney, and in turn, how I feel about the company. It's no longer first in line for my vacation money anymore. Pains me to say it, but I'm not even sure it's even in the line at all. I hate it, but that's just how I feel. I just don't see Walt in Disney anymore.

Still, if most of us are being honest, Disney is special on a different level. Walt Disney was inspiring to me as a little boy. A visionary that changed the world. I was amazed by what he accomplished. He even influenced my career interest at a very young age. Returning to Disney World with my family reconnects me with a lot of those feelings and memories. Nostalgia is a big draw for me, and the temporary escape from the real world is helpful. That's why we had gone at least 4 times a year for many years before covid.

That being said, THIS Disney doesn't feel much like THAT Disney anymore. COVID and politics have fundamentally changed Disney, and in turn, how I feel about the company. It's no longer first in line for my vacation money anymore. Pains me to say it, but I'm not even sure it's even in the line at all. I hate it, but that's just how I feel. I just don't see Walt in Disney anymore.
⬆️ What a great post and I feel exactly the same way, we’ll said! ⬆️ That being said my family and I traveled to Alaska the summer before the pandemic hit for a 1-week land/1-week cruise (on Princess btw] and wow….just wow. Just a breathtaking vacation that is so far above any theme park vacation could hope to be.

Like the above poster mentioned though, experiencing Disney, especially the Disney of old with young ones who have the Walt Disney magic pumping through their little veins is a special thing as well…just different. Sad that the powers that be at Disney have diluted Walt’s vision to the extent they currently have. I am confident he wouldn’t be happy…

Misleading on the northern lights though.

Not necessarily. Princess offers land tours in conjunction with their cruises. Years ago, my husband and I flew to Anchorage and spent two weeks in Alaska on a strictly land based trip in late August. A portion of the trip was spent in a wilderness lodge in the middle of Denali National Park. One night, the staff woke us up ringing a big bell, and we stumbled outside our cabin to see the sky completely lit up with the northern lights. It was incredible! So while the odds of someone seeing them on an Inside Passage cruise during the middle of Summer are slim to none, for the companies such as Princess that offer land based tours, it's definitely a possibility - especially late in the season.

Not necessarily. Princess offers land tours in conjunction with their cruises. Years ago, my husband and I flew to Anchorage and spent two weeks in Alaska on a strictly land based trip in late August. A portion of the trip was spent in a wilderness lodge in the middle of Denali National Park. One night, the staff woke us up ringing a big bell, and we stumbled outside our cabin to see the sky completely lit up with the northern lights. It was incredible! So while the odds of someone seeing them on an Inside Passage cruise during the middle of Summer are slim to none, for the companies such as Princess that offer land based tours, it's definitely a possibility - especially late in the season.
We were on an inside passage cruise on Celebrity in Aug 99 and saw the lights south of Ketchikan, captain darkened the ship as much as possible, did an in-cabin announcement at midnight. It was fascinating to see, as there was a major magnetic storm and the lights apparently could be seen in the nothern tier of the lower 48.

We were on an inside passage cruise on Celebrity in Aug 2019 and saw the lights south of Ketchikan, captain darkened the ship as much as possible, did an in-cabin announcement at midnight. It was fascinating to see, as there was a major magnetic storm and the lights apparently could be seen in the northern tier of the lower 48.

Clever ad, but (as others have pointed out) the cost of the additional excursions they show in the commercial would make it an expensive cruise, and an inside cabin on a Disney Cruise to Alaska is a good deal.

My young daughter LOVED our Disney Wonder vacation to Alaska, as did my wife & I.
I've written this before, but the outstanding Disney Cruise cast/crew members made us feel like we were never in coach
despite being in our inside cabin.

That written, I would prefer a non-Disney cruise, unless I was with a kid who was between 4 & 12.
Also, my wife & I would splurge on a cabin with a balcony now.

That's great. We have a British Isles 12 night Princess Cruise scheduled for next year, and it really is so much cheaper for what you get compared to Disney parks right now.
How much is that cruise? I’m exploring Disney alternatives now…

That’s really decent and comparable to a Disney vacation……
I wouldn't necessarily say it's comparable to a Disney vacation . . . $1850 for 12 days of a deluxe balcony cabin, all you can eat food and entertainment? That's way less than half the price of what you'd pay for deluxe balcony lodging, food and tickets for a 12 day Disney vacation.

Unfortunately we can’t do cruises because DH gets motion sick and doesn’t want to be drugged up just to go on vacation.
Meclizine does not make you feel drugged if it is prescribed. I have horrible motion sickness, even from flights sometimes, but I can cruise with Meclizine. I will also mention I am sensitive to almost every medication I have ever taken. Might be worth him trying a few doses at home to see if he can handle it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter