Where Pixie-Dusted Birthday Dreams Come True! A July Trip Report! PTR Link! Pg. 116

Oooh...I love sprinkles too. You can never have too many. ;)

I agree! We are definitely a sprinkle-lovin' family at our house!

Looks like a great day!
I'm sure Chelsea was able to figure out her new camera easily. If I got a new camera the night before a trip I'd be up all night learning all the settings.:lmao:

She had it figured out five minutes after she opened it. :sad2::laughing:

Looks like a great birthday for Chelsea! The camera looks great!!

She thoroughly enjoyed her day!

Wow- I bet you were up very late that night. What a busy day before Disney(and a fantastic way for time to fly by!)

Great way for her to celebrate her birthday- breakfast and dinner!

I was up pretty late that night -- I think it was almost midnight before I collapsed into bed -- the day flew by with all the stuff we had to do.

Awww what an awesome 13th birthday and a camera sounds like the perfect birthday present since she's going to WDW.

Hopefully she was able to get lots of pics with her new cam on your vacation

She was very pleased with her camera! She took quite a few pictures at Disney -- it's neat to see her perspective of things.

Sounds like an awesome birthday! Cute cake! I have a hard time getting the round ones together too. I usually cut the top off of one to make it flatter and then stick the top on. :confused3 And sprinkles are my favorite too. There can never be too many!

Love the camera. Perfect gift for a teen....

And I have to say...the gift that your mom made for your son is awesome.....I want one..... ;)

I can never quite figure out how to cut off the top of one of the cakes to make it completely flat. :confused3

I love that little Polish chicken -- it is just adorable!

I'm here!! Way behind, but here just the same. I loved that Chelsea slept late on her birthday. What a way to start out as a teenager:lmao: I loved the cake. It was so cute!!

Hi! You aren't behind at all -- this is just the first update! :thumbsup2

What a great birthday for Chelsea! I love that she video'd the festivities with her new camera. I also love the chicken!

Chelsea had a lot of fun with that camera -- she needs to work on the shakiness, though. I was getting motion sickness just watching the video. :laughing:

I almost died when I read that your update was on "page 56"......I was just on page 3 this morning! Thankfully you meant post #56......:rotfl2:

Don't know what happened there -- my guess is someone was yammering in my ear while I was trying to update the title. I fixed it now. :laughing:

I'm here! I can't wait to read the details of the trip.

Mickey bars are my favorite Disney treat! Good thinking to eat them inside, they melt so fast in the outdoor heat(learned that one firsthand).

Love Chelsea's birthday celebration. Danielle loves sprinkles too. She put them on all deserts.

Welcome!!! Last year, we had a horrible melting incident with Mickey bars in the heat; this year I knew we would be eating them in the air conditioning to minimize the trauma. :lmao:

Sprinkles are always so much fun to use!

Very cool bday gift! A camera was just the perfect thing to bring with her on the trip! :thumbsup2

Are you going to put up Chelsea's pics too? We would love to see her take on things. :)

I think I may need to make a cake tonight, yours looks delicious! :lovestruc

How does Chelsea like her new room? Wasn't it supose to be done while she was gone to WDW?

I just have to add that the little rooster is adorable! :goodvibes

Yes, I am going to use some of Chelsea's pictures on the TR! She has a very different perspective. :laughing:

Chelsea loves her new room! I took pictures to share -- it looks very pretty!

Isn't the Polish Chicken just a hoot? I love her!

I'm here! Page six, but present and excited for the TR! :goodvibes

Looks like Chelsea had a great birthday. I love the idea of a birthday breakfast, yummy!

10 stops on the way to WDW? :sad2: :laughing:

Hi, Brook! My dad makes the BEST waffles outside of Mickey waffles ;), and Chelsea insisted she wanted a birthday breakfast. She can be a bit of a diva where her birthday is concerned. LOL!

You know we can never make it to Disney without a million stops. :sad2::laughing:

A camera was the perfect gift to get, before a Disney trip. It will be great to see Disney through Chelsea's eyes.

Her pictures are very different from mine. Well, some of them anyway. LOL!

Sweet picture. :)

A camera is a great gift!
I look forward to seeing what she 'captured'.

It's nice to have an entire set of additional pictures to choose from for the trip report. :thumbsup2

I put out four cakes with last Sunday night's camp supper, including a plain white cake with white icing. (The cakes had been donated by some of our sweet ladies at church.) One piece of that one got eaten. The next night, I put sprinkles on it. All but two pieces were eaten. :laughing: Same cake, but those sprinkles just made all the difference.

That's too funny! I never knew sprinkles could completely change the appeal of a cake! :rotfl:

Like Heidi, I gasped when I saw "page 56" and wondered what in the heck I had missed today. :lmao: Looks like a most delightful 13th birthday. Seems Chelsea is into the Japanese culture a bit. I bet she got a kick out of that pavilion at Epcot. And lucky for you and Charles this is adjacent to some yummy grown-up beverages! :upsidedow

Apparently, my brain was not working yesterday at its full capacity. :laughing:

Both she and Connor always have a lot of fun at the Japanese pavilion!

How sweet Connor got a gift too. I'm sure the chicken had a great time in WDW too! :)

Yes, the chicken had a lot of fun sitting in the hotel room. :rotfl:

I saw the camera drama on FB but am happy to know it worked out and hope we will be seeing some of Chelsea's pix on the TR too. Perhaps she could write an update or two of her own? Would be fun to hear from her perspective! And while we're at it would love to hear from Connor and Charles too! :upsidedow

That would be fun! I will mention it to Chelsea!

I'm joining in! I can't wait to hear all about the trip! It looks like it got off to a great start with Chelsea's birthday! :goodvibes

Hi! So glad to have you here! The birthday was lots of fun the day before, but very busy! It was hard doing b-day preparations and trip preparations on the same day.

I am here and all caught up. I think Chelsea looks grown up with her glasses. I am glad to hear that Charles participated in your vacation this year.

Hi, Jessica!!! Chelsea does look so grown up to me in her glasses.

Chelsea's birthday looks like a blast. Love all the sprinkles on the cake.

I think a digital camera was a fabulous gift. I bet she had a blast with it on vacation.

Can't wait to hear more.

That cake was very tasty -- wish I had a piece of it this morning.

There was a bit of drama with the camera at Disney, but Chelsea did enjoy taking lots of pictures with it.

Two tubs of frosting?? You can't even see it under the sprinkles! :lmao:

I know, right? :rotfl2:

Joining of course! Chelsea's birthday looked great! The cake looked yummy and she is a lucky girl for getting a camera for her birthday!

Looking forward to reading about the trip...10 stops along the way? That will be interesting.

HI!!! The cake was delicious, and Chelsea loved her camera!

We always seem to have to stop a million times on the way down. :sad2:

Chelsea looks like she is having a total blast at her party! So much fun and what great gifts!
I'm in love with Connor's Polish chicken too! Your mother is so thoughtful! I just love her gifts!!!

You know Chelsea loves being the center of attention. :lmao:

Isn't that chicken just the cutest? I already told my mom I want one, too! :laughing:

Yay! Joining in!

Can't wait to hear all about your Trip!:goodvibes

Welcome!!! Glad to have you along!

Do you think that would work with green beans??:laughing:

It looks like Chelsea really enjoyed her birthday festivities. I am looking forward to hearing about the rest of the fun!

I have seen green beans covered in whipped cream and sprinkles at Primetime. :lmao:

Chelsea had a great birthday from start to finish!

Great update!!! The small gift for the other child is such a nice idea! Chelsea looked so happy!!!! Can't wait for the 1st day update!!!!

Chelsea had an absolute blast on her birthday!

A few pages late, but I'm here... :rolleyes1

A birthday party sounds like a great way to kick off a trip to WDW!! :thumbsup2

Hi, Amy!!! Doing the whole birthday thing the day before the trip was exhausting, but it did make the day fly by!

What a great 13th birthday!! You know I'm thinking that I received a camera for my 13th birthday too.

I love Connor's chicken! How cute. Your Mom gives the BEST presents EVER. Does she want to adopt me? :rotfl2:

I always love seeing what my mom has thought up for birthday gifts -- they are always a lot of fun! I love that chicken! If Connor ever casts it aside, it will be coming to live in my room. LOL!

I just popped onto your new TR & wow seven pages already. Jackie you are too popular! :yay:

Now I must be off, pages to catch up & so little time! :eek:

Hi!!! Glad you joined the fun!

TEN stops??!! :lmao: Oh I can just predict those now!!!! :laughing: That looks like a mighty tasty cake, and what a perfect way to end the day before DISNEY!! So funny how you just so matter of factly report that Connor lost his tooth in his breakfast "with much excitement" :rotfl2:

I swear, we were stopping all the time. It was driving me nuts!

I wish I had a piece of that cake right now!

I couldn't decide how detailed I should be with the tooth excitement! :rotfl: The whole episode involved my dad telling Connor not to talk with his mouth full, me interceding saying he was trying to tell us he had just lost a tooth, a paper towel filled with spit-out food, blood, and tooth, and me trying to find the tooth in that nasty pile of "stuff." :rotfl:

And the camera.... OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the camera... :rolleyes: I love how this camera has made such an entrance!!! and of course already has a story behind it!!! :laughing:

Can't wait to hear about the trip down, and the reason why Charles wants to fly the next time you go.... :scratchin

That camera is like an entirely new character in the trip report. :lmao:

Let's just say, Charles has absolutely no patience in a car. ;)

I've loved all your trip reports and glad I found the newest one when it was just starting. I can't wait to read more. Looks like Chelsea had a great birthday. My daughter got that same camera for her birthday back in April. She loves it.

Terri

Hi, Terri!!! Thanks for joining in! Isn't the camera great? It's just the perfect size!

I'm late, page 7 no less. I was in Vegas though. Great start. Fun presents and great pics!

Hi, Mary!!! Being in Vegas is a very good reason for being a day late. :laughing:

It looks like Chelsea had a great birthday. :goodvibes TEN stops!?!? I think that's more than we make with a two day trip. :rotfl:

She did have a great birthday! Ten stops was excessive to me -- I was about at my wit's end by the end of the trip.

Sounds like a FAB start to Chelsea's Birthday!

I love the cake too! But have to ask why you don't enjoy making round cakes? Do you tend not to get round baking tins / trays in America? Across the pond, they are more the "norm" than square tins!

Can't wait for more! Julie xxx

Thanks, Julie! I am not a big fan of assembling the round cakes into two layers. The actual baking was pretty easy, but when it comes to making the bottom layer level, I never manage to do it quite right. Very frustrating to me! I would much rather make cupcakes or a sheet cake. :goodvibes

As a matter of fact, I was able to snap a picture of your family leaving town on the way to Disney!

overloaded.jpg

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

I felt like we were taking that much stuff by the time I was finished packing, and we had loaded the car. I mean did Connor and Chelsea REALLY need to pack two bags with just stuffed animals???

Yea, a Jackie TR!!!! :). I'm late to the party but here now. :) chelsea's birthday looked like a blast! What a great day!

Hi Jackie!!!! I am so glad I did not miss out on much, lol. Chelseais so adorable! Thanks for sharing her 13th birthday with us. It looks like she had a blast. I remember feeling so cool when I turned 13, so I bet she is loving it!

Looking forward to more. : )

I finally made it over here. A bit late, but glad I made it! I can't wait to hear all about the trip.

Glad to hear that Chelsea had a great birthday!

Great start to your trip report! Chelsea looks so grown up with her glasses, she is a beautiful young lady. Can't wait to read more.

Melissa

I couldn't decide how detailed I should be with the tooth excitement! :rotfl: The whole episode involved my dad telling Connor not to talk with his mouth full, me interceding saying he was trying to tell us he had just lost a tooth, a paper towel filled with spit-out food, blood, and tooth, and me trying to find the tooth in that nasty pile of "stuff." :rotfl:

:lmao: OH my.... let me do that again... :lmao:

That is LAUGH out loud laughable. Oh I can totally see it.. totally. Hence the :rotfl2:

What a wonderful 13th birthday! Love the cake - you can never have too much frosting or sprinkles! :thumbsup2

Too funny about Conner losing his tooth in his breakfast!

That is LAUGH out loud laughable. Oh I can totally see it.. totally. Hence the :rotfl2:

I totally agree :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I like Chelsea's glasses- they're very cute :-)
She's a little more then a year younger then me- so that's pretty cool
Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Looking forward to more. I can't wait to see Chelsea's pictures.

I had a laugh when you said your kids packed two bags of stuffed animals.

Lexi has already packed a suitcase with just Build a Bear clothes.
She thinks she NEEDS to bring every Disney Character she has. :laughing:

I'm so glad you started! I loved your Facebook updates and can't wait to hear everything!

Hi!!! So glad you came to get the full scoop on the trip! :goodvibes

Hi Jackie!!!! I am so glad I did not miss out on much, lol. Chelseais so adorable! Thanks for sharing her 13th birthday with us. It looks like she had a blast. I remember feeling so cool when I turned 13, so I bet she is loving it!

Looking forward to more. : )

Hi, Lynn! Glad to have you here! Yes, Chelsea is feeling very cool these days especially after being treated like a celebrity at Disney for a week. LOL!

I finally made it over here. A bit late, but glad I made it! I can't wait to hear all about the trip.

Glad to hear that Chelsea had a great birthday!

Hi, Crissy! You aren't late at all! I just started it a couple of days ago!

Wow girl! You waste no time--it's great!! Can't wait to read all about your wonderful trip! :goodvibes

Hi!!! I wanted to get started while I still have some downtime! :thumbsup2

Great start to your trip report! Chelsea looks so grown up with her glasses, she is a beautiful young lady. Can't wait to read more.

Melissa

Hi, Melissa! Thanks! Chelsea has never met a camera she didn't like! ;)

It was very funny! I wish I could figure out a way to post a clip from Chelsea's birthday video -- she caught Connor and me recounting the story to Charles' family, and Connor's take on it is very funny. However, the video is twelve minutes and most of it is of her eating her cake. LOL!

What a wonderful 13th birthday! Love the cake - you can never have too much frosting or sprinkles! :thumbsup2

Too funny about Conner losing his tooth in his breakfast!

After talking about cake and sprinkles for the last day, I may have to make another one this weekend. :laughing:

Connor losing his tooth was a very funny moment.

love the update, looks like Chelsea had a great party. Can't wait to read more.

Thanks! Chelsea thoroughly enjoyed herself.

I totally agree :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I wish you could hear Connor telling his version of it. LOL!

I like Chelsea's glasses- they're very cute :-)
She's a little more then a year younger then me- so that's pretty cool
Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Thanks! I love Chelsea's glasses -- I wish I wore them!

Looking forward to more. I can't wait to see Chelsea's pictures.

Thanks! Chelsea took some very interesting pictures.

I had a laugh when you said your kids packed two bags of stuffed animals.

Lexi has already packed a suitcase with just Build a Bear clothes.
She thinks she NEEDS to bring every Disney Character she has. :laughing:

You would think my thirteen year old would be okay with leaving her Minnies at home, but they all had to come with us. LOL!

Late as usual - but here!!!! :cool1:

Going back to catch up now. :goodvibes

Hi!!! Not late at all -- there is just one update so far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter