• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

i-cDD7QL6-Th.jpg

No Sir, this is not from HS. :tink:
MK?

Karolyn are you near where the school shootings were? So incredibly sad :sad1:

At my school today our security alarm system had a malfunction and set off the lock down alarm :headache: We knew in the office it wasn’t real because it would be set off in the office but we were all like what the heck. Of course the rest of the school had no idea and were in a full panic:eek: talk about bad timing.:headache:

Karolyn are you near where the school shootings were? So incredibly sad :sad1:

At my school today our security alarm system had a malfunction and set off the lock down alarm :headache: We knew in the office it wasn’t real because it would be set off in the office but we were all like what the heck. Of course the rest of the school had no idea and were in a full panic:eek: talk about bad timing.:headache:

I've been thinking about you working in a school! It just breaks my heart 😢...only a few days before school is out for the summer. The really sad, sad thing is that the school has done everything recommended and for some reason the back door was left unlocked. That's how he got in. It sounds like he knew where he wanted to go too...he entered, walked down a couple of short halls and the classroom he went in was on the left. Still getting details daily; David heard on a news report this morning one of the schools security officers was killed before he entered the school but the 2 adults that died were both 4th grade teachers so that report wasn't correct. The officer that ended up killing him had a bullet go through the TOP of his baseball cap! A fraction of an inch away from his head....there was picture of his hat posted! So much incorrect information daily it's hard to know exactly what & how it happened. Bottom line is no matter how hard you try you can't stop "evil"; they'll find a way no matter what. The DPS officer in charge said they're hesitant to give out much information now since they're still investigating...and they're waiting to interview the boys Grandmother who is still in critical condition. This school is close to the border....just a guess but I'm thinking 300-350 so miles from us. It's 90 miles from San Antonio and we're almost 3 hours away from there. They did say today the Grandmother was upset with him because he was failing to graduate high school; from his Facebook posts, he's been unstable since the beginning of the year. He was a "loner" and didn't have many friends so the officers are having trouble gathering a "time line". He did post on Facebook Tuesday morning he was going to shoot his Grandmother and then about an hour later posted he planned on "shooting up an elementary school". The school was already in the process of "a lockdown"....something they said they have to do quite often since they're so close to the border and go into a lockdown when officers get reports of "illegals in the area". It's not like they weren't prepared but they just weren't fast enough this time. I can only imagine how scared you must have been today when the security alarm had a malfunction! :scared1: Everyone's nerves are "frayed" now; that must have been horrifying for you! I did see a couple of posts today from Facebook friends expressing appreciation for our school district and the security process they had to go through to get in for end of school programs all the schools are having now. The only thing I wish our District would add is a security check like they have at the airports. I worry about a student bringing something to class. Allie and Katie have both said there are students they worry about. Such a sad thing for them to deal with but it's "part of life" now-a-days. 🥺:tink:

This is the hat worn by the officer...bullet grazed the top of his head...number of stitches needed. There ARE "Guardian Angels"! When David was in Vietnam, he had the antenna of his radio shot off so he knows the feeling!

20220526_120433.jpg:tink:

Ride or show?

Did you make it to Maine for the weekend? Amanda & Bryan are in Colorado already; Sara & family spending tonight with an aunt in the Texas Panhandle and will be in northern Colorado tomorrow. Been having knee trouble since Mother's Day so finally went to doctor today...micro tear of ligament! So...I'm "hibernating" in the air conditioning trying to get away from the HEAT! 😵‍💫

i-cDD7QL6-Th.jpg

This is from a ride attraction. :tink:

Last edited:
Did you make it to Maine for the weekend? Amanda & Bryan are in Colorado already; Sara & family spending tonight with an aunt in the Texas Panhandle and will be in northern Colorado tomorrow. Been having knee trouble since Mother's Day so finally went to doctor today...micro tear of ligament! So...I'm "hibernating" in the air conditioning trying to get away from the HEAT! 😵‍💫

i-cDD7QL6-Th.jpg

This is from a ride attraction. :tink:
Fantasyland or Tomorrowland?

Went to Maine. Came up yesterday got all the cable and internet up and running and water turned on Spent all day today cleaning and cleaning out stuff. My back and foot hurt so bad. Hope to finish tomorrow but probably not. It’s really hard to be here.🙁 Very different.

Fantasyland or Tomorrowland?

Went to Maine. Came up yesterday got all the cable and internet up and running and water turned on Spent all day today cleaning and cleaning out stuff. My back and foot hurt so bad. Hope to finish tomorrow but probably not. It’s really hard to be here.🙁 Very different.

Hard thing to go through but glad you were able to go and get that chore done. Getting everything ready for the summer is hard but now you can enjoy a place he loved so much. Rest up and hopefully your foot and back will get better! It's strange but a special place for you all. :hug:

i-cDD7QL6-Th.jpg

This is from Tomorrowland. :tink:

P
Hard thing to go through but glad you were able to go and get that chore done. Getting everything ready for the summer is hard but now you can enjoy a place he loved so much. Rest up and hopefully your foot and back will get better! It's strange but a special place for you all. :hug:

i-cDD7QL6-Th.jpg

This is from Tomorrowland.

Peoplemover?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter