Where has Charles been ?

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by Turtle31, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Louie7080

Louie7080 Mouseketeer

Not that you are reading this thread Charles, but if you are I wish you good luck in whatever you are doing now!!! And maybe drop a line about where to find you on social media if you have a presence there. I will miss your contributions to the DIS!!!!!

Debbie jones and soniam like this.
  2. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

Charles is on both Facebook and Twitter but his last post on either was about 2 months ago.

rteetz likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. vincep

vincep Earning My Ears

So my worst suspicions were confirmed. Charles is no longer with the Dis. Bummer.
    Well I wish him the best and know he will do well in whatever he pursues.
    But how cool is that Jackie responding to one of my questions?
    Like a star of one of your favorite TV shows giving you a shout out. Which is kind of what it was.

5. Ross Kratter

Ross Kratter Earning My Ears

That's such a shame. I really enjoyed Charles's input and perspective on all of the shows, as well as his writing.

soniam and Ron from Michigan like this.
  6. pdarrah

pdarrah It's nice to know you are real, too

I will also miss Charles contributions. I really enjoyed him on the podcasts - particularly the dining show. He was a more adventurous eater than most others. (I don't think anyone else had goat as their first choice ever before in a dining review.) My family and I tend to like experimenting with new foods and it was nice having the viewpoint of someone else who seemed happy to explore. I still enjoy the show without him, but it is certainly less useful to me. Pete, Steve and Fiasco all have their quirks (no seafood, no cheese, prefers basic food, etc.) which is probably helpful for all the pickier eaters out there, but for those of us who are at the other end of the spectrum, Charles provided an interesting viewpoint.

Decidedly, on the somewhat petty side - I will miss reading Charles' articles. There is a tendency to seriously abuse exclamation points in DIS articles and it drives me a little batty. Charles did not do this and I really appreciated it. LOL

Toll, Lill, Beer Me and 12 others like this.
  7. Ron from Michigan

Ron from Michigan DIS Veteran

I agree 100%

Pdadet likes this.
  8. firemanx

firemanx DIS Veteran

any answer?

9. vincep

vincep Earning My Ears

And Pete no carbs!
    Which in WDW is like no carbs in a pizzeria.
    Though it has done him well.
    And yes I know there are other choices but still...
    Charles and I shared some of the same idiosyncrasies so that was helpful.
    Steve joins in on the stage at Hoop Dee Doo but I would run from Pioneer Hall screaming.

10. disneysteve

Any answer to what?

11. KC Mouse

KC Mouse Mouseketeer

I get the feeling that Charles is mad at me and has been avoiding the show just to spite me.....

soniam and SorcererHeidi like this.
  12. GeneralTso

GeneralTso DIS Veteran

He is a very talented writer. I hope he pursues that and it is part of his next adventure.

13. disneysteve

I wanted to correct this.

His last actual tweet was 2 months ago but he has replied to other people's posts, including one just a couple of hours ago, so he is active on there.

rteetz likes this.
  14. rotlex

rotlex Is it summer yet?

Thanks for letting us know. As a Listener since the beginning, I thought he was a really great addition to the show. Glad to hear he left on good terms.

While I do realize it is nobody’s business, it would be nice if the Podcast team at least mentioned when someone left or was leaving. (Especially if On good terms). So many of us see you guys like family even if we have never met you.

15. disneysteve

I agree. A simple "So and so is no longer with the DIS team" is sufficient. It is none of our business why someone is gone but it would be nice to know they've left.

16. KingLlama

KingLlama My car finished 3rd on Radiator Springs Racers.

Maybe they could put a picture of them on the screen and then have it disintegrate like at the end of "Infinity War".

"Mr. Werner, I don't feel so good...."

1911, JennLTX, loblolly and 4 others like this.
  17. ELLH

ELLH Mouseketeer

*sigh*...

You misspelled it. The correct way is "nooB".

But I guess that's the kind of thing we should expect from a nooB, since you are one.

[​IMG]

18. SeanWM48

SeanWM48 Mouseketeer

Charles was a tremendous addition to the DIS team and I will definitely miss his contributions to your written content and especially your youtube content.

Pete's got a real good eye for talent, and i know he doesn't specifically hire FOR the podcast/youtube shows but he is usually very good at finding young motivated people who bring a fresh perspective. Will be difficult to replace Charles though.

19. EmmyKay

EmmyKay Never grow up

Awww...totally bummed about Charles. He was a great addition to the podcast and he's a fantastic writer. Best of luck to him. He will be missed.

Debbie jones and soniam like this.
  20. MaryKatesMom

MaryKatesMom DIS Veteran

Yea, that is like Pete's super power. The ability to see talent.

Debbie jones likes this.
  21. SeeDisney

SeeDisney <font color=red>I drove by my WAWA <br><font color

Awwwww - sad to read about charles. He was a great addition on the show. Darn!

Debbie jones and Spencer Wright like this.