• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where Else Do You Travel Solo?

I have travelled to Maui by myself - and although there were couples in love everywhere, I had the best time. I stayed in a hostel and met people from all over the world and still stay in contact with some of them - plus, I got to do what I wanted to do and when...
I then travelled to Quebec and Montreal by myself to help touch up my french and actually ended up having the best time of my life. It was so funny to try and talk all cool like in french when I really had no idea what I was saying. Needless to say, I met tons of people and still talk to some of them. I can proudly say I have friends in every continent (except Antarctica, of course).
Next year, I am fortunate enough to be able to go to tour Europe for 2 months solo and am a bit nervous, but am excited none-the-less.
I am also travelling to Orlando this August solo for 5 days before meeting up with some friends - and I cannot wait.
Once I am finished university, I will be able to work anywhere in the world through a working visa that I will acquire through our Nursing Association in Canada, and I cannot wait to take advantage of seeing the world solo (and getting paid to do it:cool1: !)
Anyways, if you have the personality to travel solo, I would definitely do it. I never thought that I would ever do it, but I would never turn back from the opportunities to do it. My philosophy is - if you wait for someone to do it with you, either friends or partner, you may never get to do it.
J

Where do I travel solo? EVERYWHERE! Bus trips across Canada. Train trips across Mexico. To Europe. Across the U.S. by both bus and car. DCL cruises to the Caribbean. Frankly, I prefer it that way.

The only place I do not go solo is DL, DLP, and WDW. Then, I can usually talk my sister and sometimes my BIL into going with me. But, we only go to WDW every four years, and as our last trip to WDW was in 2000, this is our year to go again.

After that I was hoping we could get to DLP again, our last trip was in 1996, but my sister's health is none too good this year, so it looks like I'll be going by myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter